Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Bailey-Alexander
08-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Bailey-Alexander
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/bailey-a...gas-129888

I like this fight for Devon Alexander, really looking forward to this fight!

Devon has shown to have a very good chin so he has that going for him against the hard hitting Bailey. Not to mention Alexander looked to be in the zone last time against Maidana which has not been the case for a while prior.

Alexander makes for interesting fights & if he can win a title at Welterweight it puts him in line for some big fights & adds some excitement to the divisison.

Alexander by UD!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Bailey-Alexander
Alexander has lost a lot of his lustre.

Even if he wins this and becomes a two weight champion, it'll be a little, like, 'meh!'

Let's hope we don't have to sit through Alexander-Bradley 2.

Black
08-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Bailey-Alexander
I did think Alexander lost a ton of luster with his 3 fight streak against Kotelnik, Bradley & Mathysse, but his underrated performance against Maidana brought some back for me.

Would be odd to see Bradley-Alexander go at it again in a different division, in another unification bout! It couldn't be that dull AND anti climactic again could it lol? Maybe they would have a different mind set and approach??

If they happend to cross paths again, I'd be curious too watch these two skilled, young fighters in a rematch.
08-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Bailey-Alexander
Alexander will make bailey look foolish IMO. Although my preference would be for bailey to knock the little dumbass out
08-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Bailey-Alexander
..but Alexander is The Great and he's still getting no love?? Lol I still haven't given up hope on seeing the best of Devon yet. He is still young, talented & shown improvement in much needed areas in his last fight IMO to see learn & grow as a fighter. Either or, I enjoy watching Alexander who tries & has been in exciting fights...discluding his most important fight against Bradley!

War..Alexander??
08-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Bailey-Alexander
how was he in the zone against Maidana? all he did was hit and hug. he's looked better in other fights. like Black said he's already shown his cards so there's no real excitement with him anymore. sure he's with Haymon so he could look good in some fights since he probably wont be matched too tough but it wont be like when he knocked out Urango.
08-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Bailey-Alexander
Alexander has been very disappointing in some of his fights, he seemed to have no urgency and just cruised.

But Alexander did look much better in his fight with Maidana and I saw an improvement. It was Maidana and both of them gone up to 147. But Maidana has fought Ortiz, Khan, Kotelnik and none of those made Maidana look as bad and dominate him like Alexander did. I supposed if you can take anything away from Alexander's last fight, then that is something.
08-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Bailey-Alexander
Crack head Bailey sucks. He's been nothing but a gate keeper for the better part of the last decade. His best day's were in the late 90's when he used to fight on Fox Tuesday Night Fights or ESPN, I can't remember.

Anyway he's lucky he landed that once in a lifetime shot, because without it he wouldn't even be mentioned right now.

Alexander (like Jones) should win. If he doesn't (like Jones) he'll just prove that he has a lot more to learn and that upper level fights shouldn't be in his immediate future.

Bailey might hit hard, but he's not a hard guy to figure out - especially being in his late 30's well past his best.
08-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Bailey-Alexander
I think in retrospect it;s understandable that Alexander struggled against Bradley, Matthysse and Kotelnik. Bradley is P4P, Matthysse is a beast, and Kotelnik is underrated. It doesn't mean Alexander sucks, it just means that he's not what he was touted to be after the Urango fight.
08-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Bailey-Alexander
gravytrain Wrote:how was he in the zone against Maidana? all he did was hit and hug. he's looked better in other fights. like Black said he's already shown his cards so there's no real excitement with him anymore. sure he's with Haymon so he could look good in some fights since he probably wont be matched too tough but it wont be like when he knocked out Urango.

How was Alexander NOT in the zone?? The guy was able to stick to his gameplan & not go through his daydream stages in past fights & avoid eating as many shots..like he has in the past when he has lost or looked bad!!

How many people have beatin Maidana with that much ease, with no arguments?? None!!

THAT'S how Devon was in the zone in his last fight incomparison to his previous 3!

Yes he may look good because his with Haymon, but let's not give Haymon credit for how Alexander beat Maidana..or KO'd Urango years ago. Alexander is still young & has been in with tough fighters & it showed...not in his last fight tho!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)