Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Pacquiao-Cotto II. December 1st?
08-24-2012, 12:52 PM
It seems Miguel Cotto may make his return on Decemeber 1st & has a couple of options, main one being a possible rematch against Pacquiao but negotiations may prevent the fight happening. Mayweather-Cotto II seems to also be a threat for a fight with Pac, due to the success & competitiveness of thier last fight.

There are also talks of Cotto moving upto Middleweight to fight Priog making Puerto Rican history.

I think the last option is a bad move due to the Cotto being far too small for that division, not to mention the magnitude of the other ones. Cotto should forget Pac who has lost his steam nor holds a title unlike Floyd.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/pacquiao...ore-131531
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Cotto should forget about moving to 160, and should stay at 154 and try land a Mayweather or Pacquiao fight. Cotto deserves the pay day more than just about anyone, I'd like to see him take it.
It would be interesting to see if Mayweather is really keen to take the fight now, just because they can probably beat Pacquiao if he decides to share the same date, lol.
08-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Pac-Cotto at 154 could be really interesting given Pac's last couple of performances and the fact that Cotto was drained to a degree for their first fight.
08-25-2012, 12:24 AM
salvador Wrote:Pac-Cotto at 154 could be really interesting given Pac's last couple of performances and the fact that Cotto was drained to a degree for their first fight.
Yep and it's a shame that Marg's eye wasn't better and then he and Cotto could fight a 3rd time as he was drained as well by Cotto's CW demand.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't think much would change if Cotto fought Pacquiao at 154. Sure he may grab another round or two but the bottom line is that Pacquiao is just way too fast for him. Cotto makes it to the finish line this time, but Pacquiao wins clearly.

And the Mayweather fight shouldn't even be considered. I think just because people saw Mayweather pushed for the first time in a long time they get a false perception that Cotto did better than he did. While Cotto was more competitive (closer rounds) than most of Mayweather's opponents, he still only won about 3 rounds. In other words, he didn't even come close to winning the fight.

Granted both fights are great pay days for Cotto, and based on that he should try to land one. However, from a fans perspective, neither fight does much for me.
08-25-2012, 09:37 PM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I don't think much would change if Cotto fought Pacquiao at 154. Sure he may grab another round or two but the bottom line is that Pacquiao is just way too fast for him. Cotto makes it to the finish line this time, but Pacquiao wins clearly.
That's totally possible, but Pac looked weaker with Bradley. Cotto, at 154, is different than anything Pac has ever faced. I'd still pic Pac on points, but Cotto would go out like a Puerto Rican - which he didn't have the strength to do at 145.
08-25-2012, 09:50 PM
salvador Wrote:but Cotto would go out like a Puerto Rican -
What the hell does that mean? lol

He'd go start a dance party and serve pigeon peas and Arroz con Pollo?

lol

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-25-2012, 10:23 PM
I'd love to see Cotto vs Marquez
08-25-2012, 10:55 PM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I don't think much would change if Cotto fought Pacquiao at 154. Sure he may grab another round or two but the bottom line is that Pacquiao is just way too fast for him. Cotto makes it to the finish line this time, but Pacquiao wins clearly.

And the Mayweather fight shouldn't even be considered. I think just because people saw Mayweather pushed for the first time in a long time they get a false perception that Cotto did better than he did. While Cotto was more competitive (closer rounds) than most of Mayweather's opponents, he still only won about 3 rounds. In other words, he didn't even come close to winning the fight.

Granted both fights are great pay days for Cotto, and based on that he should try to land one. However, from a fans perspective, neither fight does much for me.
Count me in as someone who isn't excited to see Cotto fight either Pacquiao or Mayweather again. I'd rather see Cotto-Kirkland or even Coto-Bradley before seeing him tango with PBF or Pacman.
08-26-2012, 12:41 AM
Cotto may not only have the most lucrative options but also one of the beat options for Floyd, Manny & others to land aswell.

In order I'd like Cotto to take on

Mayweather
Pacquiao
Alvarez
Trout
Kirkland

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Arum: Pacquiao has agreed to fight Cotto-Martinez winner Fitz 18 13,613 05-22-2014 09:38 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Cotto vs Trout Title Clash Set For December 1 at MSG JONdaCON 49 24,447 09-14-2012 08:55 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)