Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fights that gave you big rushes
12-02-2012, 03:00 AM
Funny, I was just talking with a friend about this the other day. At the moment, I'm really enjoying the talent out there in boxing and the fighters. But for some reason or another, I'm just not feeling it like I used to. I don't get that rush of adrenaline I used to get when a big fight was about to start. Not sure if it's just because I've seen so many, or I'm just not a HUGE fan of many fighters right now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 10:05 AM
and the NEW Wrote:Funny, I was just talking with a friend about this the other day. At the moment, I'm really enjoying the talent out there in boxing and the fighters. But for some reason or another, I'm just not feeling it like I used to. I don't get that rush of adrenaline I used to get when a big fight was about to start. Not sure if it's just because I've seen so many, or I'm just not a HUGE fan of many fighters right now.
When (if) someone starts making the fights that matter and are significant, the excitement will return.
12-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Garcia v Khan

Rios v Alvarado

Mares v Moreno

That's in the last 6 months. I guess I am kind of the opposite of a bunch of you dudes. I went through the whole I'm done with boxing thing after Sweet Pea v JCC. I still get frustrated with shit decisions and matchmaking, but I tend to take what I like and leave the rest with boxing, and everything else (including Torvix) these days.
12-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Tyson - Spinks

Moorer - Cooper

Mercer - Morrison

Tyson(1980's version) - Fill in any name he fought. The trainwreck was happening.

Leonard - Hagler

Ali - Spinks

Ali - Norton 3

Leonard - Hearns 1 & 2

Bowe - Holyfield

Lewis - Klitschko

Pacquiao - Hatton

Pacquiao - Barrera 1

Williams - Martinez 1 &2

So many more I can name...
12-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Missed this thread first time around. Here goes:

Benn-McClellan - I was a teenage kid when this came on, the excitement was crazy because my Dad was so pumped. When Benn got up from that knockdown and landed a crackerjack left hook, my Dad went f'kin' nuts....and continued to do so until the finish. I'd liked boxing before then...I was hooked from this fight onwards, despite the tragic ending.

Tyson-Holyfield 2 - Wasn't as pumped for the first fight because, well, we all expected Holy to go down pretty quickly. This, however, was a genuine 50/50 fight, and the build up, the ring entrances and the fact that two of the toughest fucking bastards in boxing history were about to get it on made it unreal.
The fight itself was surreal and confusing...but no less exciting for it.

Holyfield-Lewis - I've never seen a fight which seemed to carry such a sense of history behind it. This was for the UNDISPUTED TITLE...this was going to sort out all the heavyweight mess from the last decade. All the way through, I was convinced we were going to get this generation's version of Ali-Frazier. After all the negotiations, all the long-winded build up, it was just so freaking exciting finally seeing them in the ring together...and then the fight went and disappointed, big time.

Mayweather-Hatton - Yes...we all KNEW Mayweather was going to win. In actual fact I was expecting a very dull, wide UD pot shotting victory for Floyd...but the crowd, the British fans, the chanting, the singing, the whole UK vs US tilt made this an absolutely fascinating event. And I was pleasantly surprised by two factors: 1. How well Hatton fought to make a competitive fight, and 2. How Floyd decided to FIGHT him instead of just BOXING him. It made for a thrilling fight with a genuine big event feel to it.

Big fights I just couldn't get excited about and didn't even watch:

Pacquiao-Mosley - Yuck.

Pacquiao-Marquez III - the Coronation Street (Dynasty for yanks) of boxing. An endless soap opera that I'd gotten bored of years ago.

Mayweather-Baldomir - I eventually convinced myself to watch a repeat. I made it through 4 rounds before switching off.

Bradley-Alexander - This had snorathon written all over it. I was mildly intrigued to know who won, but not enough to force myself to sit through what was obviously going to be a tedious distance fight.

Black
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
As much as I like SMartinez, I got a great rush when Junior put him on the canvas in the 12th. The rest of that round had me pumped.
12-04-2012, 06:20 AM
SmartyBeardo Wrote:As much as I like SMartinez, I got a great rush when Junior put him on the canvas in the 12th. The rest of that round had me pumped.
Same here, one of the most exciting rounds in recent history, that one.

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)