Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Uhhh Cotto looking PUDGY
11-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Uhhh Cotto looking PUDGY
JD Wrote:I imagine I will be in the minority, but I got Cotto over Canelo.

Too straight up and down. That Cotto jab will light Alvarez up. Cotto has seen too much - Canelo is not ready right now.
I think Canelo takes it. He's an extremely mature fighter for his age and he'll actually be the draw in the fight. I got Canelo by 11th round TKO with Cotto looking like an Elephant.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Uhhh Cotto looking PUDGY
Perhaps Canelo will be too fresh...but I think he is too straight up and down, and his head doesn't move at all.
12-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Uhhh Cotto looking PUDGY
JD Wrote:Perhaps Canelo will be too fresh...but I think he is too straight up and down, and his head doesn't move at all.
Which is EXACTLY the kind of "prospect" you want to put in front of an older fighter to either make him look good losing or pull off the win for yet another last chance title shot.

I think it's a great move....the ONLY way it backfires on Team Cotto would be for him to be destroyed in a couple rounds...and I just do not see that ever happening, not even on his worst day.
12-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Uhhh Cotto looking PUDGY
Trout is in a good situation here against Cotto. He has his big oppotunity, is fresher, bigger & maybe more hungrier? Cotto has fought everyone around him there is too, is coming off the biggest fight of his life & biggest pay day of his life. Now is fighting a fighter some may consider an nonamed opponent who too is now in the biggest fight of his life. Could Cotto be taking Trout lightly??

If so & Trout steps up then there's the upset!

This is a risky fight for Miguel & i got a feeling things won't get any easier for Cotto should he come out of this fight with the belt! Cotto's stock rose after Mayweather despite not getting the victory which makes him a bigger target for all around him. His getting more k's in him & his opponents will only be getting bigger & younger.

Trout, Alvarez, rematch with Mayweather? Are all tough potential fights ahead. From here on in, things don't look like they will be easy on Miguel. Which seems to be the case most of his career.
12-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Uhhh Cotto looking PUDGY
Should be a good fight tonight. I think Cotto wins, but Trout is no pushover. Trout is a slick boxer, and he'll give Cotto some problems. However, he doesn't have the power to keep Cotto off. It'll be a better version of the Foreman fight in my opinion. Foreman had good skills, but Cotto was able to walk him down and dominate. I think Trout is a better boxer than Foreman, and will be more competitive. However, Cotto is still a damn good fighter, and he'll wear Trout down late. I expect him to dominate the last four rounds and win a 116-112 or 117-111 type decision.

I also see Cotto beating Alvarez right now. As others have mentioned, Alvarez just gets hit too much. An old Mosley was laying hands on Alvarez in the last couple rounds of their fight, and he's looked less than impressive against Gomez and Cintron. It'll be a good fight, but I think Cotto has plenty left and is still a top level fighter.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)