Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
09-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Politics Unfiltered
BrotherCane Wrote:..but I bet I something that would make them think twice!
No it wouldn't.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Politics Unfiltered
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
No it wouldn't.
Then it's him or me then! shrugs
09-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Politics Unfiltered
BrotherCane Wrote:
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
No it wouldn't.
Then it's him or me then! shrugs
There are Mafia Don's that walk around with armed bodyguards that still get whacked out. No international hit man is going to think twice about whether you are packing heat Cane. If the money is in his account your ass is grass. lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Politics Unfiltered
lloyd mayflower Wrote:Since you and Spyder are in the same thread, I'm halfway through "My Life" by Fidel Castro, I'll tell you what, America comes off REALLY bad in this book.
I wouldn't imagine that ol' Fidel has many good things to say about the US. We did embargo the shit out of him, and isolate him from the rest of the world. If only The Bay of Pigs would've been run differently...

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Since we are on the topic of gun control...Ice T has one of the most succinct explanations that I've heard.

http://www.youtube.com/v/-AkVkt9Yz9A

09-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:Since you and Spyder are in the same thread, I'm halfway through "My Life" by Fidel Castro, I'll tell you what, America comes off REALLY bad in this book.
I wouldn't imagine that ol' Fidel has many good things to say about the US. We did embargo the shit out of him, and isolate him from the rest of the world. If only The Bay of Pigs would've been run differently...
Its worth a read. Pretty dry in places, but he has some pretty interesting things to say.
09-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Politics Unfiltered
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:"You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself."
Fucking great line
09-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Politics Unfiltered
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
BrotherCane Wrote:It could be a professional hit. I have no true idea but nothing really stops criminals from getting or having guns...but I bet I something that would make them think twice!

It's fine y'all are against guns, I like mine and I like hunting....so shot me! Oops, y'all gave up yours guns! never mind!!!
We did, we can also go see Batman without fear of being massacred by a social outcast who has access to weapons most soldiers would like to carry. I did this in fact, just the other night. A top notch end to a top class trilogy. Thouroughly enjoyed myself.

Since you and Spyder are in the same thread, I'm halfway through "My Life" by Fidel Castro, I'll tell you what, America comes off REALLY bad in this book.
Americans are so good at sticking their collective heads in the sand about their own shortcomings.....being able to ADMIT you have a problem is the first step to addressing it and Americans for the most part...simply will never admit a shortcoming. The people don't do it....MOST of the politicians don't do it....and yet they cannot figure out why many people despise us.

It's pure foolish to not see that our gun issues here in the US are so much worse than any other civilized country.

It's also pure follish to continue to keep an antiqueted, outdated strangle hold on a tiny Commie island that is no more a threat in 2012 than say...Easter Island.

But then again, we seem to have that habit of ALWAYS seeing a threat....even though it's been DECADES..some instances verging on 100 years.....I think it's pretty safe to say that Germany and Japan are no longer "threats" to the US...YET...we STILL have military bases at both. No matter how you slice it....it's Imperialism at it's finest.

If Mexico told the U.S....."ummm, we are a little concerned about all of the drug related violence between our two countries...so we would like to go ahead and put up a military base in the town of El Paso, TX to help with it"....I'm sure the US would have a MAJOR issue with that....so why is it that when we do this to other nations it's somehow ok...and for the life of us...we cannot figure out why the people of that country would not want us there???? don't know

Don't get me wrong....I say all of this....but it's just admitting to flaws I see in my own nation. I LOVE MY COUNTRY with all my heart....but I will not love it to death....and IMHO when a nation cannot admit and eventually adress it's shortcomings....it's a kin to turning a blind eye to a family member's drug addiction....then being totally shocked when they OD.

We are not even 300 years old as a nation....it would be foolish to think we have all the answers and zero flaws.

But believe me, there would be about half of the US that would read this post and call me a traitor simply because I'm realistic.
09-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Good post BG.

America is making strides in the right direction on relations with Cuba. It took Fidel finally giving up power to get to this point, but don't think for a second that it is all America's fault. There is a lot of history between the two countries...you remember the missile crisis don't you?...the sided with the USSR and gave them a strategic advantage when we were in the throws of the Cold War. That is a fucked up move from any perspective. But you are right. Today is a new day, and relations are better today than they've been in the last 50 years.

09-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Politics Unfiltered
That was the most sense iv read in a political sense from an american, ever. So well done bg for having a balanced and realistic outlook.

Spyder, like i said earlier, you should read brother fidels book. It might give you a different outlook on cubas role in the cold war, also, it is worth remembering that cuba was to the ussr what turkey was to america. jupiter missiles were placed in turkey before cuba became involved. And also, it is worth pointing out on this subject that despite all the posturing, nuclear weapons have only ever been used by one country.

Vas bien Fidel!!!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)