Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
07-19-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
(07-19-2017 08:58 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I'm not saying it's impossible to overcome social obstacles, nor am I denying the very real fact that some people milk the shit out of this argument to excuse their lack of drive and overall laziness. But if certain institutions were legally barred for some people from entering because of something like their race, i.e. education, property ownership, voting rights, etc., then it's going to have an affect on the succeeding generations. At the very least, it takes more than one or two cycles to even out the playing field.

I'm also not trying to say going to school is some well-kept secret of the elite, but if you've ever seen or been to some of these schools in the inner-city, resources for higher education are either severely underfunded or completely absent. The notion of going to school is not even a spoken reality in these places so people don't have it in their mindset.

Granted, this is operating off the assumption that the shortcomings of the inner-city are directly tied to slavery, which I'm guessing a lot of people here would disagree with, but I mean if a population is enslaved for decades, they're not suddenly granted equal rights upon emancipation, both legally or socially.

And I just want to make clear that I'm not saying none of this is the fault of anyone here. Saying someone is at fault because of their race is pretty much blaming people for existing. I think that's the biggest mistake "activists" make when talking about these things.

I know a lot of the guys have seen this Snoop but not sure you have. It's a great 8 mins and Larry covers a lot of what you postulate about in the above post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phPXTWJh...nesChannel

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2017, 11:56 PM
(07-19-2017 09:30 PM)Spyder Wrote:  I went to inter-city schools for the duration of my prep schooling, and those neighborhood kids were bused up to my neighborhood schools. It was a great forced integration program in my county. The school that I went to was named one of the 5 failure factories that was chronicled in a series about the lowest graded schools in the state. It just so happens that after the county ended integration, the school's saw a rapid decline in student grades. All of this despite the fact that the county threw their entire budget at the schools...new construction, computers, books, administration, etc...

So forgive me for not putting ANY stock into that argument.

But hey, I got some killer steez from the experience, so I guess it was a success! yahoo

LOL. You did get some steez from that.

I'll just say that a personal anecdote doesn't invalidate what's happening on a greater scale, and I'm also not exactly clear on what you're saying happened. They stopped integration and the grades declined after the inner-city school kids left? I'm not exactly sure how that works against the argument I was making. I'm also curious as to how you knew the privies of the school budget as a teenager.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2017, 11:42 AM
(07-19-2017 11:56 PM)Snoop Wrote:  LOL. You did get some steez from that.

I'll just say that a personal anecdote doesn't invalidate what's happening on a greater scale, and I'm also not exactly clear on what you're saying happened. They stopped integration and the grades declined after the inner-city school kids left? I'm not exactly sure how that works against the argument I was making. I'm also curious as to how you knew the privies of the school budget as a teenager.
Integration did not just go one way. I went to the inner-city schools, and the neighborhood kids from there were sent to the schools in my neighborhood. The grades in the schools that I attended dropped after integration was stopped.

I feel like you are dismissing my own personal accord too easily in an effort to maintain the narrative. I know the school budget because it is public record and my family works in the school system. The only reason that I shared this is because you made this argument...

Quote:if you've ever seen or been to some of these schools in the inner-city, resources for higher education are either severely underfunded or completely absent. The notion of going to school is not even a spoken reality in these places so people don't have it in their mindset.

So yes I have seen and have been to inner-city schools, and I'm telling you from my own personal experience that what you wrote is bullshit.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
07-23-2017, 03:48 PM
I had a boss that talks just like Anthony Scaramucci. The guy is a soundbite machine. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcDpl_26Dk8

07-26-2017, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2017 01:31 PM by Snoop.)
(07-20-2017 11:42 AM)Spyder Wrote:  Integration did not just go one way. I went to the inner-city schools, and the neighborhood kids from there were sent to the schools in my neighborhood. The grades in the schools that I attended dropped after integration was stopped.

I feel like you are dismissing my own personal accord too easily in an effort to maintain the narrative. I know the school budget because it is public record and my family works in the school system. The only reason that I shared this is because you made this argument...

So yes I have seen and have been to inner-city schools, and I'm telling you from my own personal experience that what you wrote is bullshit.

Well man, in all sincerity, my intention was not to dismiss your own personal accord like it meant nothing. It does and quite frankly, it has changed my mind a bit on the issue. On the other hand, saying that your own person experience therefore means what I wrote is bullshit, is actually doing exactly what you accused me of doing. There are a significant number of personal anecdotes that tell the exact opposite of your experience, and my only argument is to be balanced in considering them with equal weight.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
07-26-2017, 01:57 PM
(07-26-2017 01:31 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Well man, in all sincerity, my intention was not to dismiss your own personal accord like it meant nothing. It does and quite frankly, it has changed my mind a bit on the issue. On the other hand, saying that your own person experience therefore means what I wrote is bullshit, is actually doing exactly what you accused me of doing. There are a significant number of personal anecdotes that tell the exact opposite of your experience, and my only argument is to be balanced in considering them with equal weight.
Fair enough. People always look for reasons for their successes or failures. If they are explaining a success, they tend to take credit. If it is a failure, they tend to place blame. What I was calling bullshit were the excuses for failure. There are definitive factors that contribute to lower performing students, but they are not from lack of funding or opportunity.

If a student comes from a single parent household where the sole provider is either unable or unwilling to give guidance, then that student will need to find it somewhere else. If there are other students in the class that come from a similar home environment, then they will be influences on each other. If that situation becomes more common than an anomaly, then the problem becomes systemic. Most people can agree up to this point. Where they tend to diverge is where to place the blame. One side blames the institution, where the other blames the community. All roads go back to the same point.

TL;DR...poor parenting is to blame for failing students, not poor schools.

07-26-2017, 02:25 PM
Poor parenting leads to poor schools. Cant have one without the other following.

Anyway, what about Mr Ts latest tweet.... Holy SHIT! Sometimes you have to just recognise top trolling. Carnage.
07-26-2017, 05:22 PM
(07-26-2017 02:25 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Poor parenting leads to poor schools. Cant have one without the other following.

Anyway, what about Mr Ts latest tweet.... Holy SHIT! Sometimes you have to just recognise top trolling. Carnage.

Are you talking about the trans tweets? Hahaha, liberal heads are blowing up worldwide!!!

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-26-2017, 05:31 PM
Yeah. Cant help feeling Trump will end up backtracking on this one, which isnt a good look for a President as the logistics and costs of emptying the trans population from the military will surely be huge and no doubt more court cases will follow.

Sexuality doesnt bother me one single bit anymore. I used to find homosexuality disgusting, now I really just dont give a fuck. To be honest I just dont want to hear about anyones sexuality, its the new normal. However all the stuff surrounding gender is fucking madness these days. Its the new battleground and for sure this will be a big fight for Trump. Unsure he can win it tbh.
07-26-2017, 07:06 PM
(07-26-2017 05:31 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Yeah. Cant help feeling Trump will end up backtracking on this one, which isnt a good look for a President as the logistics and costs of emptying the trans population from the military will surely be huge and no doubt more court cases will follow.

Sexuality doesnt bother me one single bit anymore. I used to find homosexuality disgusting, now I really just dont give a fuck. To be honest I just dont want to hear about anyones sexuality, its the new normal. However all the stuff surrounding gender is fucking madness these days. Its the new battleground and for sure this will be a big fight for Trump. Unsure he can win it tbh.

Isn't it weird how trans has become the new 'thing.' The reality is liberals have to admit that blacks in American actually get a fair shake, as do women as do gays. So now they have to pivot off to the suddenly super important trans community. I don't know how many transgender people are in the army, I wouldn't imagine it would be that many.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)