Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
07-26-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
You wouldnt think so but on the news tonight they said it is in the thousands. Unsure how far back into the military support chain they might be going to arrive at that number maybe.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2017, 07:41 PM
Just read that about 15,000 trans people are in the active military and national guard. The Williams report suggests that trans people join the military at a higher rate than other groups. Many people are starting to point to the cost of gender reassignment surgery for the cause of that.

I personally could care less if trannies serve in the military or not. Hell, if they fight for the country I would say that they earned the right to have Uncle Sam foot the bill for their reassignment. I say there should be a caveat though. Like only after serving 4 years, or after so many deployments. I wouldn't want people to abuse the system by enlisting and spending their time transitioning rather than preparing to defend.

Already transitioned peeps should be able to enlist with zero caveats.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2017, 09:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG9XxLTd3kI

07-26-2017, 11:09 PM
(07-26-2017 01:57 PM)Spyder Wrote:  Fair enough. People always look for reasons for their successes or failures. If they are explaining a success, they tend to take credit. If it is a failure, they tend to place blame. What I was calling bullshit were the excuses for failure. There are definitive factors that contribute to lower performing students, but they are not from lack of funding or opportunity.

If a student comes from a single parent household where the sole provider is either unable or unwilling to give guidance, then that student will need to find it somewhere else. If there are other students in the class that come from a similar home environment, then they will be influences on each other. If that situation becomes more common than an anomaly, then the problem becomes systemic. Most people can agree up to this point. Where they tend to diverge is where to place the blame. One side blames the institution, where the other blames the community. All roads go back to the same point.

TL;DR...poor parenting is to blame for failing students, not poor schools.

It's definitely a layered conversation, for me at least. Either way man, I respect your opinion and what you bring. When I asked how you knew about the budget I was sincerely asking, not being snarky. Your parents being on the school board actually explained that pretty well. LOL.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
07-26-2017, 11:37 PM
(07-26-2017 11:09 PM)Snoop Wrote:  It's definitely a layered conversation, for me at least. Either way man, I respect your opinion and what you bring. When I asked how you knew about the budget I was sincerely asking, not being snarky. Your parents being on the school board actually explained that pretty well. LOL.
And just to clarify, I wasn't calling your opinion bullshit...just the argument that kids that go to those schools don't have the same opportunity. I've been hearing it more and more (not just from you), and I find the whole thing just a cheap way to avoid addressing the real problem.

Here's the Pulitzer winning series on the topic in my town if you care to read about it.

http://www.tampabay.com/projects/2015/in...factories/

Just know that the authors are left leaning, but it is pretty easy to read through some of their nonsense. Also, remember that I went to one of these schools.

07-27-2017, 02:13 AM
Spyder has the correct approach here. As always with workplace inclusivness, the only criteria that matters is that you can do the job unhindered. If you are in the middle of reassigning your gender, you are likely to be unfit to carry out your duties. If that is the case then the military should be no more obliged to employ you than any small business owner should.

As for the medical issues themselves, I feel tip toing around the gender issue has led to it being too lightly regarded. Personally I struggle to fully believe someone who does belive on genders despite nature clearly assigning them, or wishes to fundementally change what they are on a human level is of unquestionably sound mind. A lot will be of course, but certainly a lot arent.
07-27-2017, 03:16 AM
(07-27-2017 02:13 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Spyder has the correct approach here. As always with workplace inclusivness, the only criteria that matters is that you can do the job unhindered. If you are in the middle of reassigning your gender, you are likely to be unfit to carry out your duties. If that is the case then the military should be no more obliged to employ you than any small business owner should.

As for the medical issues themselves, I feel tip toing around the gender issue has led to it being too lightly regarded. Personally I struggle to fully believe someone who does belive on genders despite nature clearly assigning them, or wishes to fundementally change what they are on a human level is of unquestionably sound mind. A lot will be of course, but certainly a lot arent.

Correct Lloyd. Transgenderism is a mental illness. There are only two sexes, and you are born with a pre-assigned sex no matter how much you may 'feel' like you're trapped in the wrong body.

I might 'feel' like I'm 70 years of age or even 7 years of age, it doesn't matter a jot because my biological age is fixed and pre-assigned to the day I was born. I've got no real truck with tannies working in military admin but I might feel a little unsure about serving on the front line with them. A simple statistic like the massive suicide rate in the trans community probably indicates that many of them are mentally troubled. Anyhoo Trump is just pulling the trigger, clearly the top brass in he army have wanted this. The Left sneers when he doesn't follow the advice of his generals and now sneers when he does follow the advice of his generals. The dude can't win.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Scaramucci is not fucking around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SpIYnYwrXw

07-28-2017, 07:47 PM
I don't have a problem with anyone serving in the military, but I don't believe the government should pay for any unnecessary surgeries. That would include gender reassignment surgeries because it's just mutilation. You can't change your gender, just like you can't change your age. If you feel that you were born the wrong gender, then I'm sorry for you, and you have my sympathy. Mutilating your body isn't going to change anything though. You're still the same sex, you just have mutilated genitals now.
07-28-2017, 09:15 PM
Body Dysmorphic Disorder is very real, and affects the people that suffer from it in a profound way. Unfortunately, many doctors feel that the only way to effectively treat these people is to allow them to realize their idealized self through surgeries.

I've made this same argument about gun violence and terrorism, but the world's treatment of mental health is severely lacking. There simply is not enough known about mental illnesses; their causes, ways to prevent, early signs, and ways to treat them. Shit, there are new illnesses being discovered and new classifications all the time. The stigma surrounding them is still too prevalent that people are hesitant to admit that they have a problem, and even less likely to seek help.

Mental illness is the plague of the 21st century, and should be viewed as such.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)