Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
08-05-2018, 10:29 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
Iranians dont have any less right to self determination than you, I or Americans.

They also have the same right as our good selves not to have foreign governments meddling in their shit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2018, 10:38 PM
(08-05-2018 10:29 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Iranians dont have any less right to self determination than you, I or Americans.

They also have the same right as our good selves not to have foreign governments meddling in their shit.

So that's a yes then? you'll support regime change if it comes from the people?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-05-2018, 11:33 PM
If it comes from the people then my support or not is irrelevant. I might read up on it and come to an opinion on whether I agree with the politics involved, but in general terms, I find the West (Britain and America seem to be the worst for it) meddling in the affairs of other countries for their own ends pretty unsavoury.

Its the world we live in, and the cynical side of me knows that. Diesnt mean I have to agree with it though.

We should be handling our own shit.
08-05-2018, 11:49 PM
(08-05-2018 11:33 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  If it comes from the people then my support or not is irrelevant. I might read up on it and come to an opinion on whether I agree with the politics involved, but in general terms, I find the West (Britain and America seem to be the worst for it) meddling in the affairs of other countries for their own ends pretty unsavoury.

Its the world we live in, and the cynical side of me knows that. Diesnt mean I have to agree with it though.

We should be handling our own shit.

If America decides to meddle in it your support is also irrelevant, I was asking from a personal POV. Would you support organic revolution in Iran to overthrow a pretty cruel dictatorship. To me this should be a pretty easy one to answer yet you seem to be fudging.

If you think it's just 'the west' that meddle then you are out of your cotton picking mind. Try China, Russia, everyone in the Middle East etc.

I am totally behind Trump's decision to impose sanctions on Iran, as a major trading power America can be judicious in who it chooses to trade with.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-06-2018, 12:19 AM
Ach I dont know Ollie. I am genuinely jaded as fuck with world politics these days. I cant handle the point scoring, almost football rivalry type mentality these days.

Probably the wrong thread for me really!
08-06-2018, 03:49 AM
(08-06-2018 12:19 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Ach I dont know Ollie. I am genuinely jaded as fuck with world politics these days. I cant handle the point scoring, almost football rivalry type mentality these days.

Probably the wrong thread for me really!

Probably is Lloyd, it takes real cojones to last the distance in this thread ;-)

08-11-2018, 06:18 PM
(07-28-2018 11:03 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  4.1% GDP in the last quarter! Wow Trump MUST have that magic wand Obama suggested he'd need to make that happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKpso3vhZtw

Or rather 4.1% at an annualized rate.

Trump should reconsider his views on the oil price as in the last quarter 50% of all business spending came from the oil & gas sector.

The USA is now a major producer once more and might be a net exporter in a decade or so.

I think we're close to the end of this economic cycle -- just hope it doesn't end before November 2020.
08-25-2018, 08:26 PM
RIP John McCain.
08-25-2018, 09:08 PM
I did not always agree with John politically but he was a patriot to his core, a true American hero in the most important sense, and boxing never had a better friend in the political arena.

God bless him and his memory.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2018, 01:52 AM
It's an hour long but well worth the watch. these gentlemen are whistleblowers within the American intelligence community. They learned that the Trump team had 3 spies inside their campaign team inserted by the Obama administration. They actually travelled to new York and told Trump before the election. Trump/Russia collusion should die right here, right now with this very interview. Do you think Bob Mueller will talk to these guys?? British intelligence have been implicated as many who have been following closely have already known for a while.

Oh well none of that matters as Trump knows everything and is obviously waiting for the right time to bring the hammer down. It won't end well for the Dems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wffo7kig-kI

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)