Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
02-09-2019, 09:10 AM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
I’m not trying to shut down anyone’s opinion, I’m just looking for more informed ones besides the typical NPC responses of “Orange Man Bad” and “Orang Man iz stoopid.”

If you want to criticize Trump, criticize his policies. Tell me what you disagree with. Don’t just come in here with a bunch of uninformed stuff you got spoon-fed to you by the MSM.

But that’s just it, isn’t it? Y’all can’t disagree with his success or the policies that produced them. So it’s the typical “Orange Man Bad” shtick that you have to fall back on.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2019, 10:24 AM

02-09-2019, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2019 10:37 AM by lloyd mayflower.)
IDGAF about his policies. I think he is a hilarious excuse for a human being and as I have said before, this goes back years. I guess we are in the wrong thread for Donald Trump the man.

The pic above is funny tho, will give you that
02-10-2019, 04:57 PM
(02-08-2019 05:44 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Listen, you are getting into some absolute tin foil hat shit in order to tell me that I am somehow wrong to laugh at an old man repeatedly melting down on a social media platform which is pretty much for teenage girls.

Like I said before, I get why certain types of people want a politician like Trump. I will ask you respect however, the fact that I have been calling Trump a wanker for many years, not just because of his involvement in another countries politics. Why everyone is desperate to excuse everything he does because they agree with some of what he does is baffling to me. But it is what it is.

I just think its patently obvious that he is a total manchild and I find it amusing when he is so easily triggered. Theres nothing more to it than that. I think its funny when people display their emotional fragility online.

Tin foil hat? If I told you the importance of John Solomon unearthing a photo of Adam Schiff and Glenn Simpson meeting in July 2016 would you even understand the significance of that?

This thing is set to blow and not in the way YOU think. Trump has purposely kept this whole investigation front and centre through his Twitter account, far from a man being thin skinned, he is trolling and having fun.

Just like his election Lloyd you don't get it, and I assume that as the MSM narrative of a crazy out of control 'orange man bad' on Twitter falls apart we'll have to spoon feed you the reality of the situation once again.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-11-2019, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2019 02:47 AM by blackbelt2003.)
To be fair, the UK media's representation of Trump is crazy. They are portraying some ridiculously over the top image of a cartoon megalomaniacal villain.

Everyone in Britain seems to hate him and thinks he's a buffoon of the highest order - and a racist and sexist, to boot - without having any idea why apart from having ingested vague platitudes, subconsciously or otherwise, from TV. Our channels are chanting the 'Orange Man Bad' line loudly and proudly. I have less trust in mainstream media at this point than I ever have before.

Black
02-11-2019, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2019 03:39 AM by ViperSniper.)
(02-11-2019 02:45 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  To be fair, the UK media's representation of Trump is crazy. They are portraying some ridiculously over the top image of a cartoon megalomaniacal villain.

Everyone in Britain seems to hate him and thinks he's a buffoon of the highest order - and a racist and sexist, to boot - without having any idea why apart from having ingested vague platitudes, subconsciously or otherwise, from TV. Our channels are chanting the 'Orange Man Bad' line loudly and proudly. I have less trust in mainstream media at this point than I ever have before.

Black

Here in Australia too!

I don't get into politics so to be fair, I couldn't say if Trump has done a good job or not as President. However, Donald Trump the man (good or not), I have tons of respect for all the things he has done in his very colourful life!

Damn right about losing trust in mainstream media. It's scary what they choose to put out as news. I don't know which outlets, papers or websites is to be reliable.

For me, the news have changed. Because anyone reporting news these days, tends to give their opinion, whether that be through statements, little snarky comments or giving their opinion with just a facial expression.

News should be reported (accurately of course) without having any additional comments, opinions or even discussions from the news reader. It's not the place or their place to do so!
02-11-2019, 05:37 AM
I can pinpoint the exact year I found out about the deceptiveness of the media. It was 2008, August if I recall correctly. This is nothing new.

The idea that if you dislike Donald Trump it can only be because you have bought the mainstream media narrative is on equal levels of brainwashing with the undounlbted many who HAVE bought what the "MSM" are selling.

The idea that similar bullshit isnt being peddled by both sides of the political divide is fucking tragic and hilarious.

The idea that any politician in this day and age can be trusted to have the best interests of people like us is also tragically hilarious.
02-11-2019, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2019 08:34 AM by blackbelt2003.)
I wouldn't say I liked or disliked anyone without having met them and spent time with them, but that's just me.

Of course if you're asking me how competent he is in public office, well, then that's a different question and one we're all entitled an opinion to (to varying degrees and dependant on our knowledge of him, amongst other things).

But just a personal like or dislike for someone I've never met is something I try not to buy into.

Black
02-11-2019, 11:32 AM
(02-11-2019 05:37 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  I can pinpoint the exact year I found out about the deceptiveness of the media. It was 2008, August if I recall correctly. This is nothing new.

What happened?

Quote:The idea that if you dislike Donald Trump it can only be because you have bought the mainstream media narrative is on equal levels of brainwashing with the undounlbted many who HAVE bought what the "MSM" are selling.

I'm not sure what your exact point is here, but if you are saying that some people may dislike Trump independently of the MSM brainwashing, that is true. But it is not true when/if one's talking point is of the "Orange Man Bad" variety.

Quote:The idea that similar bullshit isnt being peddled by both sides of the political divide is fucking tragic and hilarious.

It isn't comparable. Name one major mainstream media outlet besides Fox News that you think is even remotely close to being right-wing? And just to save you the time, Harvard did a study on how the media reports on Donald Trump, and even they couldn't spin the results.

Study: 91 percent of recent network Trump coverage has been negative
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/eri...86f0507a24

That you attempt to rationalize or dismiss the blatant media bias with some old-fashioned "whataboutism" is both weak and untrue.

The over-representation of leftwing ideology in the mainstream is orders of magnitude greater than the under-representation of the right.

Find me ONE prominent left-winger who has been booted from a social media platform, and I'll give you FIVE right-wingers. (You won't find the one, so it is a moot point.)

Quote:The idea that any politician in this day and age can be trusted to have the best interests of people like us is also tragically hilarious.

While that may be true in a general sense, please give me one example, just one, of a policy that Mr. Trump enacted that you think was done solely to enrich himself.

You'll never do it, by the way. Either you'll say you can't be bothered to do it because you don't give a shit, or you'll find another excuse. But the fact is you will never do it because such a policy does not exist.

Mr. Trump's entry into the political arena has been to his detriment. It has come at an unimaginably high personal cost, effecting not only him but his family, friends, and associates.

See your boy Mueller for example. But that's ok, right? Bcuz Mueller is da man, he got dat bad orange man shook, bruv. LULZ!

02-11-2019, 01:04 PM
I was part of a large scale industrial strike. The way in which we were reported on the news and in press was a fucking disgrace, and at that point I knew that the news was nothing more than a tool of those higher up.

In this country, no politician receives less favourable press coverage than left winger Jeremy Corbyn. The treatment he receives is also a fucking disgrace. Before him, Ed Milliband and even more so Gordon Brown were routinely savaged, even by "neutral" state broadcaster the BBC. FYI I am no fan of Corbyn, indeed I am a lifelong labour voter who now can never see himself voting for labour again.

Now, if we want to get down to more policy driven stuff, let me give you an example of something which ties into the twitter stuff I am talking about. I deeply dislike Trumps policiy and attitude toward climate change. Now I know you dont believe in it War. I also know there are fucking screeds and screeds of pages on the internet one way and the other. My personal opinion is that its not really a question of if but when we will have irrepairably fucked our planet. I believe we are well on our way already and Mother Nature will shit us out like a bad virus sooner than we think if we do not try to address it.

So how does that relate to Trump and his twitter rantings? Well his recent procession of tweets about the subject, focusing on the fact that its cold so how can there be global warming is one of two things. Its either indicative of a serious lack of even basic understanding of the concept of climate chamge (ie no one thinks its just straight up Wordl gets hotter)

OR its indicative that he knows there are enough stupud people following him that he can influence them by acting like them and feed them whatvever misinformation he likes.

Now if you google Donald Trump lies, there are numbers quoted about how many times he has lied or spread false information based on the work of multiple "fact checking" bodies. Without fact checking the fact checkers, (then who would fact check the fact check checker?) It seems that this president habitually lies at great volume. If you want to dispute that, fair enough, point me to the fact check checkers, but if you even accept that he lues a tenth of what they say he does, dont you have a problem with that?

I do. I think Trump is as complicit in the spreading of misinformation as his much maligned MSM is.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)