Politics Unfiltered
I think Obama's getting too cocky.

http://www.youtube.com/v/8qDkm7r6NBE
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Politics Unfiltered
boxingcritic Wrote:I like the Democrat and it makes me feel like a sucker
Too many people fell for the shtick in 2008. I think they've wizened up a lot since then. Too many broken promises. Too little effort to increase jobs. Too much emphasis on polarizing the political process.

The dude is a typical, greasy politician that will say whatever he thinks you want to hear, and then do the complete opposite. He needs to be liked, and wants to be the "cool guy" more than he wants to do his job. He has been allowed a complete and has received an un-vetted pass to continue his mirage of a Presidency, which has truly been nothing but a 4 year candidacy.

Bottom line: He is an elitist academic, that is ignorant to the realities of the world.

I don't think the world truly understands how unqualified he is to turn this thing around. He despises the solutions to the problem more than he'd like to see anything fixed.

Mitt Romney has a unique skill set that is perfectly aligned with the position that we are in. He is a 'fix-it' guy. With his work on the Olympics and at Bain Capital, he took organizations that were run poorly and unsustainable, and made them profitable. He eliminated inefficiencies and established firm foundations to allow future growth. Companies that were on the brink of collapse...That is EXACTLY what we need. And if the world wants to see a strong US economy...which they do unless they are unaware of the link between the US economy and their own...then Mitt Romney is the guy that they should want to win this election.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
10-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:
Too many people fell for the shtick in 2008. I think they've wizened up a lot since then. Too many broken promises. Too little effort to increase jobs. Too much emphasis on polarizing the political process.

The dude is a typical, greasy politician that will say whatever he thinks you want to hear, and then do the complete opposite. He needs to be liked, and wants to be the "cool guy" more than he wants to do his job. He has been allowed a complete and has received an un-vetted pass to continue his mirage of a Presidency, which has truly been nothing but a 4 year candidacy.

Bottom line: He is an elitist academic, that is ignorant to the realities of the world.

I don't think the world truly understands how unqualified he is to turn this thing around. He despises the solutions to the problem more than he'd like to see anything fixed.

Mitt Romney has a unique skill set that is perfectly aligned with the position that we are in. He is a 'fix-it' guy. With his work on the Olympics and at Bain Capital, he took organizations that were run poorly and unsustainable, and made them profitable. He eliminated inefficiencies and established firm foundations to allow future growth. Companies that were on the brink of collapse...That is EXACTLY what we need. And if the world wants to see a strong US economy...which they do unless they are unaware of the link between the US economy and their own...then Mitt Romney is the guy that they should want to win this election.
10-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Nothing to see here, folks, move along.

http://www.youtube.com/v/8OqPyjueYf4
http://www.youtube.com/v/qcq8vk_bBas
10-23-2012, 03:59 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:

Just a quick question Spyder. Did you vote for Dubya in his election?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
10-23-2012, 04:29 AM
Politics Unfiltered
My problem with the idea of Mitt being the perfect guy because of his business record, is that it seems that people are viewing him coming in and running this country like a company. And he himself has sort of implied that in the past. There's a giant problem with that, though. The goal of a company or a business is to make as much money as possible, and the role of a government is to provide services that are not achievable in the private sector. If you are running a company and you're trying to make it profitable, then you don't give a fuck if something helps people. It's all about the bottom line.

This kind of goes to explain a bit Mitt's talking of cutting these programs that are helping people, just because they aren't "profitable" and therefore he views them as "inefficient".

Electing someone that would run the country like he would a COMPANY or a BUSINESS is a really bad idea.

https://www.youtube.com/v/umwXHNG8hJg
10-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Byrd Man Wrote:My problem with the idea of Mitt being the perfect guy because of his business record, is that it seems that people are viewing him coming in and running this country like a company. And he himself has sort of implied that in the past. There's a giant problem with that, though. The goal of a company or a business is to make as much money as possible, and the role of a government is to provide services that are not achievable in the private sector. If you are running a company and you're trying to make it profitable, then you don't give a fuck if something helps people. It's all about the bottom line.

This kind of goes to explain a bit Mitt's talking of cutting these programs that are helping people, just because they aren't "profitable" and therefore he views them as "inefficient".

Electing someone that would run the country like he would a COMPANY or a BUSINESS is a really bad idea.

https://www.youtube.com/v/umwXHNG8hJg
Running the Government like it were a Company would mean a budget surplus, and actually having a plan to start paying down the debt. If that is a really bad idea, then I guess the path of trillion dollar deficits and trillions more added to the national debt is your idea of a good one.

Ollie, I didn't vote for him in 2000, but I did in 2004. John Kerry was not the guy that the country needed.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Factcheckers on the debate! http://factcheck.org/2012/10/false-claim...al-debate/
10-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Politics Unfiltered
If nothing else, a businessman would negotiate better contracts with the workforce: avg. federal gov't salary in the $70K+ range with a full pension paying 50% of that for the rest of their lives plus full healthcare for themselves and their family after 25 - 30 years is criminal when the average american is making about $40K with no pension - but hey, these people vote just like the seniors so you gotta keep 'em happy! Politics 101.

Also, he could make two quick changes to healthcare that would save a bundle:
1. interstate competition for health care insurers
2. tort reform
Both measures were on the table with Obamacare, but Obama refused to include them because those special interests were on his side and the republicans refused to negotiate. So he left good measures out of his massive new entitlement out of pure politics - fucking criminal and shady.

Romney is also talking about means testing social security and cutting medicare benefits for people 55 and under - just like Obama knows we have to do, but he refuses to risk losing an election.

Romney's only obvious flaw is his ridiculous idea that we need to spend more on our military. Totally insane. I think there should be a law that if the country is at war and the president and congress have kids of fighting age, that they should be required to go to the front lines.
10-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Unless we audit and close the FED, we will be limited on a TRUE fiscal come back! I still say a true energy policy is needed too! I still like making 30% of the trucking industry run on natural gas and 50% of cars and light trucks! That's billions on barrels of crude a year!

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)