Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
11-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Politics Unfiltered
BGv4.0 Wrote:
salvador Wrote:Romney's concession speech was gracious and classy - AND THAT WAS WHY HE LOST (along with the fact that Obama is too charismatic). He wasn't the leader of any kind of movement - there was no specific agenda of what he believed NEEDED to be carried out. With so much genuine concern about the future of our way of life if the dollar collapses, he wasn't aggressively explaining why he was so terrified about the path we are on and what difficult and painful choices we have to make in order to right the ship.

There was no real message from him. I knew he really really really wanted to be president, I just never knew why. He has no one to blame but himself. And I hope the lesson going forward is that candidates understand that they have to get specific when they run rather than just try to out-politic the other guy.
But honestly man...do you REALLY think a multi-millionaire is really, truly at his or her heart concerned?

I mean, let's get real....Romney can say all day he is afraid for the US and where we are heading but at the end of the day he and his family will be ok no matter what happens due to the wealth he has...

Can you REALLY be concerned?

I put myself in that position in my mind and it's difficult to see how a person would be because you always know that no matter what, higher taxes for yourself....whatever....your wealth is a safety net.
Millionaires have the very most to lose if the currency collapses - which it will if we don't do something soon. Maybe he has the sense to own tangible assets like a ranch or oil in the ground in the usa, but all else being equal, the people at the top fear a change in the social order more than anyone else.

But even if you're right and he's past money in his mind, the bottom line is that the fact that he wasn't passionate about a specific set of crucial changes that NEEDED to be made was the reason he lost. There was no specific agenda that people could latch onto - just an empty set of wait-and-see promises that included tax cuts and more military spending. He was never going to out politic Obama. ANd the truth is that the only kind of candidate who could have beaten Obama would have been someone who just told the truth and exposed our entire system as corrupt from the top down. Otherwise it's just too easy to vote for the guy who is more likable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Byrd Man Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
KingEugene Wrote:Glad thats over Wink
Snap!

Quiet in here..........
Spider and Brother Cane just jumped off their balcony.
I think your wrong, i think they are stockpiling assault weapons. We all know that obama plans to ban them to ensure that once he resurrects Stalin, the moustachioed prince of commie bastards and his red army get a free ride across the country!

I should say tho, in all seriousness, America, your brothers in Scotland congratulate you for refusing to appoint a right wing religious extremist as your leader.
11-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Politics Unfiltered
You know I could be a total dick and talk crap about Spider and Brother Cane.....but I will not, because I KNOW 100% that those guys truely do love their nation and want what's best for it....

The problem comes when the party they are a part of panders fear and hate and bully tactics....

IF you look at this election on the surface, for sure with the economy in mind, there is NO WAY Obama shoudl have won it....but people see things like voter suppression in Florida, mean sprited BS by blowhards like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck....and this turns off many people, they might see some good things with the Republican party...but they don't want to be tied to a party that would belittle a govenor that was simply doing his job....

People see this and they end up picking the other side just as I have said before.....as the lesser of two evils....

If the Republican Party really wants to make lasting gains and remain a party...they have got to stop fighting certain people...minoriities, gays, etc....and start trying to find ways to work with them while still holding their ground on issues....

For example, you can be against abortion...but allow for stem cell research....name me one Republican thatholds that platform on the subject. In other words, you don't champion abortion, but while it is legal in certain states you say that some good should come out of the procedure. This is middle ground between both being for and against it....

if they do not start finding a bit of gray in a multitude of arenas they will conitinue to lose.
11-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Romney supposedly received something like only 20% of the Hispanic vote. The Republican party is going to have to start courting those votes a lot more if they ever want to win the presidency again. Prop 187 is coming back to haunt them.
11-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Politics Unfiltered
For all the pre-fight hype this was pretty much a one way demolition job, turns out Romney was playing checkers and Barry O. was playing chess lol

I'd love to spend an afternoon picking the brains of David Axelrod, this guy has run flawless campaign after flawless campaign; often against far more experienced adversaries and beginning the campaigns with far less available funds. That dude must be some kind of savant genius.

I know you won't buy into it, and I know that you loathe (Spyder and Cane) Obama but I have watched quite a bit of the guy and I thought his winning speech was the best speech he has made in his political career and I've seen all the major one's he's done.

I really hope for America's sake and the world's sake his second term will be more productive than his first.

i know us 'colonials' take the piss out of America from time to time on these boards and have a laugh at some of your more obvious foreign policy blunders, but when it comes down to it there is no other country/superpower I'd rather be in the foxhole with than the Americans.

We need America to be great again, the alternatives don't really bare thinking about...............

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Politics Unfiltered
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:I really hope for America's sake and the world's sake his second term will be more productive than his first.
I'm always amused when I hear people suggest that Obama has done nothing in his first term. Not meaning just you, Ollie, but I've seen this meme out there on the various forums and comment sections, and it just makes no sense. I have some REAL issues with how he has governed (unlike the bullshit reasons that most on the right have come up with), however to say that he has done nothing in his time there is just ludicrous on it's face.

Let's run down a list of some of his accomplishments. Whether you support them or not, is not at issue here. It's what he has accomplished in his first four years in office.

1. Signed the Lilly Ledbetter act (Equal pay for women)
2. Expanded the hate crime laws to include attacks on LGBT individuals based on their sexual identity.
3. Revamped the Student Loan law (reduces student loan repayments to 10% of a person's income instead of 15 under current law. Also forgives balance of student's debt after 20 years of payments.)
4. Helped prevent a financial collapse.
5. Appointed the first Hispanic justice to the Supreme Court.
6. Signed a new nuclear weapons treaty with Russia
7. Provided first responders who were sick after the 911 attacks with benefits
8. Repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell
9. Ordered the taking out of Osama Bin Laden
10. Signed an agreement to withdraw troops from Aghanistan
11. Helped overthrow Gaddafi in Libya
12. Imposed sanctions on Iran
13. Extended employment benefits to same sex partners
14. Stopped the deportation of immigrants who had been brought here as children by their parents.
15. Imposed rules preventing the banks from fucking you with overdraft fees.
16. Signed into law the Affordable Care Act

Wow what a fucking slacker this guy has been. lol

Also here's a nice piece. Top 50 Accomplishments In His First Term

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazin...035755.php
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Politics Unfiltered
President Obama being re-elected for a second term is vastly sad proof that the level of depravity in America is rising as fast as food stamp usage and our deficit. Two nights ago, our country decided that what it wants out of the White House is more selective application of the law (like MF Global), a trampling of the Constitution (like N.D.A.A. executive orders), more cover ups (Fast & Furious), more enormous bankruptcy on the taxpayer tab (Solyndra, et al), a ballooning entitlement state, higher taxes, and a fumblin? bumblin? stumblin? clueless foreign policy that will continue to put American interests abroad at grave risk. Not to mention, if I were Benjamin Netanyahu today, I would be working on a nuclear warhead-proof dome to put over Israel.

I look forward to four more years of lies out of the White House, danced around by Jay Carney, and confirmed by a criminally negligent media. I look forward to more class warfare as the poverty level rises, and the standard of living drops through the floor. I feel very much like my citizenship is worthless, so on paper ? you can have it. I will be a man without a country for the next four years because I feel that I have zero in common with the elected Commander-in-Chief, and even less with the majority of the population.

I was born and raised to be a man of accountability, and that?s just not what we are about anymore. The USA has reached the tipping point so going forward we will be about entitlement, shirking responsibility, shunning morals, and raising the bar of incivility. As that proposition gets more expensive, and we dive off the fiscal cliff, we will all finally understand what this election decision means.

The President made history the other night by winning re-election with unemployment above 7.1%, when FDR was re-elected in the 1930?s and all I can think of is Michelle Obama?s Tweet from a few weeks back.

?If this is what the President can do in 4 years, imagine what he can do in twice the time.?

I don?t need to imagine ? there?s a Wikipedia page on the Cloward Piven Strategy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloward%E2%...n_strategy
11-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Politics Unfiltered
There is not much about the results of this election that we didn't already know. The country is evenly split down a heavily partisan line. This wasn't the landslide victory that either party was trying to conjure. It came down to a stadium full of votes in a few battleground states.

Based on the electoral college, the Democrats have always had an easier route to 270 which makes the margin for error much smaller for the GOP. In this case, a few key events in the final weeks of the campaigns ultimately shaped the outcome. After the first debate, Romney pulled a De la Hoya and tried to coast the rest of the way to election day. Avoid making mistakes, and the country would come to support him. This seemed smart at the time. He had momentum on his side, and the Libya scandal was unraveling. It was a smart play. Unfortunately, not enough people had made up their minds that Mitt was their guy. This is the failure of his campaign, and his campaign alone. They should've had a better gauge on the attitude of the undecideds. A more forceful finish may have swayed those people to vote for him. We all hate seeing a fighter coast in the final rounds. We prefer them to fight until the final bell. Maybe that is what the undecideds were looking for too.

Enter Sandy. For the last week of the campaign, we saw Obama playing the role of President. He was in the situation room, he was holding hands with Governor Christie, he was being "that guy". All the while, Romney was invisible. He disappeared. You didn't even see him. The showcase of Obama, and lack of one for Romney was a very powerful image that the country took with them to the voting booth.

The whole thing is tragic. The country ultimately elected lies and Santa Claus. Rather than thinking about fiscal responsibility, they thought about stuff. All the while 2 million less people voted for Romney than they did for John McCain. Tell me that makes any sense...

I am sad for my country.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:Enter Sandy. For the last week of the campaign, we saw Obama playing the role of President. He was in the situation room, he was holding hands with Governor Christie, he was being "that guy". All the while, Romney was invisible. He disappeared. You didn't even see him. The showcase of Obama, and lack of one for Romney was a very powerful image that the country took with them to the voting booth.

The whole thing is tragic. The country ultimately elected lies and Santa Claus. Rather than thinking about fiscal responsibility, they thought about stuff. All the while 2 million less people voted for Romney than they did for John McCain. Tell me that makes any sense...

I am sad for my country.
"The President made history the other night by winning re-election with unemployment above 7.1%, when FDR was re-elected"

See...this is something I myself think needs to be looked at closer. Of that 7%...I'd like to know just how many of those enjoy being without a job and more or less on unemployment benefits....AND...how many of those are refusing to take lesser paying jobs.

The Republican party continues to toss out this whole Woe is Me idea about the unemployed...but I have more than a few friends that are "unemployed" but are refusing to take lesser paying jobs...for sure a couple in the oil related fields....thery have been made offer for employment but if it's not the $30 per hour they expect...they refuse it.

FUCK THAT....if I lost my job tomorrow and had to go back to overnight stockboy at Wal-Mart to simply insure I did not lose my mortage I would do it! I might be without lights or gas in my house but I'd be damned if I would lose it....

So I find that % highly questionable. Not saying that there are not truely some folks out there that canot find work and want to...but I personally know a few that refuse to take lower paying jobs....and if that's the case on a wider scale...than that total number is a bit misleading.

As for Spider.....you see it's that crybaby BS mentality that pisses people off about your party. "I am sad for my country"....well newsflash....the other half of your country is just fine with what took place. Instead of being sad....how about actually trying to re-evaluate your stances on issues and try to win back what you think is right. Talk about not fighting to the end.... rolleyes

And see, the whole "holding hands with Gov. Christie" thing....once again simply mean spirited BS that turns people away from your party. WTF did you expect these men to do....was Christie NOT supposed to ask the President for help for his people during a time of crisis simply because it was election time? Sorry Mother Nature interfeared with your party's plans. Had it NOT been election time do you think Obama would have told Christe to stick it up his ass and let his people drown....wait...I'd almost bet you believe that to be the case.

It makes perfect sense.....the party you support no longer represents the make up of America...now maybe that's a tough pill to swallow, but it's true none the less....

As I said before, the Republican party has got to find a bit of gray area on topics and on policies to show that they have the capacity to pander to something other than old white guys. And this is coming from a DEEP SOUTH Texan....but even I can see the writing on the wall.

The level of denial on the part of the Republican party is insane. For one thing the party as a whole has got to start getting it's facts from the real world...not just Right wing reports....because in this case it led the entire party into a fale sense of security....the level of shock that the party has displayed for losing the Presidency AND not gaining the Senate...shows just how in the dark they were from the rest of the world that knew their numbers were not right.

I thought Karl Rove was going to wet himself on Fox News when they called it for Obama...his level of denial was hilarious.

This election also proved that all the money that Citizen's United (a shit name for a terrible idea I might add) did nothing...in the end the people's voice still carried over $$$$$.

Another thing too...the whole let's bash Obama for 4 years is old....everybody has seen it for the past 4 years and it's already starting now....all of the fear pandering, hate spewing, cock blocking nonsense got the Republican party nowhere....it's time to knock that shit off, put on your big boy pants and act like a party the relly wants to get back into power instead of cry and kick and scream about why they lost.

People like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and that total cunt Ann Coulture, and to a lesser degree Bill O'rielly ......does nothing for the Republican Party...all they do is make people dislike the pary more....you have to shut those assholes up.

Now I've heard that there have been talks about no more "moderates"...no more Doles, McCain's or Romneys...next up HAS to be a hard core, big dick swinging Right wing Conservative.

I promise you....if the Republican party does that, they will lose bigger than they did this year. That shit is old and stale and in 4 years with newer younger voters being eligable and a bunch of old folks dying off....it will be party suicide.
11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Politics Unfiltered
BGv4.0 Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:Enter Sandy. For the last week of the campaign, we saw Obama playing the role of President. He was in the situation room, he was holding hands with Governor Christie, he was being "that guy". All the while, Romney was invisible. He disappeared. You didn't even see him. The showcase of Obama, and lack of one for Romney was a very powerful image that the country took with them to the voting booth.

I am sad for my country.
"The President made history the other night by winning re-election with unemployment above 7.1%, when FDR was re-elected"

See...this is something I myself think needs to be looked at closer. Of that 7%...I'd like to know just how many of those enjoy being without a job and more or less on unemployment benefits....AND...how many of those are refusing to take lesser paying jobs.

The Republican party continues to toss out this whole Woe is Me idea about the unemployed...but I have more than a few friends that are "unemployed" but are refusing to take lesser paying jobs...for sure a couple in the oil related fields....thery have been made offer for employment but if it's not the $30 per hour they expect...they refuse it.

FUCK THAT....if I lost my job tomorrow and had to go back to overnight stockboy at Wal-Mart to simply insure I did not lose my mortage I would do it! I might be without lights or gas in my house but I'd be damned if I would lose it....

So I find that % highly questionable. Not saying that there are not truely some folks out there that canot find work and want to...but I personally know a few that refuse to take lower paying jobs....and if that's the case on a wider scale...than that total number is a bit misleading.

As for Spider.....you see it's that crybaby BS mentality that pisses people off about your party. "I am sad for my country"....well newsflash....the other half of your country is just fine with what took place. Instead of being sad....how about actually trying to re-evaluate your stances on issues and try to win back what you think is right. Talk about not fighting to the end.... rolleyes

And see, the whole "holding hands with Gov. Christie" thing....once again simply mean spirited BS that turns people away from your party. WTF did you expect these men to do....was Christie NOT supposed to ask the President for help for his people during a time of crisis simply because it was election time? Sorry Mother Nature interfeared with your party's plans. Had it NOT been election time do you think Obama would have told Christe to stick it up his ass and let his people drown....wait...I'd almost bet you believe that to be the case.

It makes perfect sense.....the party you support no longer represents the make up of America...now maybe that's a tough pill to swallow, but it's true none the less....

As I said before, the Republican party has got to find a bit of gray area on topics and on policies to show that they have the capacity to pander to something other than old white guys. And this is coming from a DEEP SOUTH Texan....but even I can see the writing on the wall.

The level of denial on the part of the Republican party is insane. For one thing the party as a whole has got to start getting it's facts from the real world...not just Right wing reports....because in this case it led the entire party into a fale sense of security....the level of shock that the party has displayed for losing the Presidency AND not gaining the Senate...shows just how in the dark they were from the rest of the world that knew their numbers were not right.

I thought Karl Rove was going to wet himself on Fox News when they called it for Obama...his level of denial was hilarious.

This election also proved that all the money that Citizen's United (a shit name for a terrible idea I might add) did nothing...in the end the people's voice still carried over $$$$$.

Another thing too...the whole let's bash Obama for 4 years is old....everybody has seen it for the past 4 years and it's already starting now....all of the fear pandering, hate spewing, cock blocking nonsense got the Republican party nowhere....it's time to knock that shit off, put on your big boy pants and act like a party the relly wants to get back into power instead of cry and kick and scream about why they lost.

People like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and that total cunt Ann Coulture, and to a lesser degree Bill O'rielly ......does nothing for the Republican Party...all they do is make people dislike the pary more....you have to shut those assholes up.

Now I've heard that there have been talks about no more "moderates"...no more Doles, McCain's or Romneys...next up HAS to be a hard core, big dick swinging Right wing Conservative.

I promise you....if the Republican party does that, they will lose bigger than they did this year. That shit is old and stale and in 4 years with newer younger voters being eligable and a bunch of old folks dying off....it will be party suicide.
If they would have put up some die hard tea party type guy that represents everything the Republican party has been about these past four years, they would have been absolutely destroyed worse than anyone in the history of the world.

And fuck that nonsense people are putting out that this wasn't a big victory. Obama won in a landslide. 332 to like 206 or something (depending on how Florida sorts out).

Fuck that shit about this being a close election. Shit wasn't close.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)