Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
11-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Both parties are equally corrupt. Anyone over the age of 30 who doesn't understand that shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Both parties are owned by special interests. If you aren't a special interest (unions, lawyers, health care monopoly, big business, old person on medicare and ss, rich person, etc.), then you are on the outside of both parties and you are getting screwed. It really is that simple.

In the meantime, our future is being pissed away while the "parties" continue unchecked in Washington.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Politics Unfiltered
salvador Wrote:Both parties are equally corrupt. Anyone over the age of 30 who doesn't understand that shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Both parties are owned by special interests. If you aren't a special interest (unions, lawyers, health care monopoly, big business, old person on medicare and ss, rich person, etc.), then you are on the outside of both parties and you are getting screwed. It really is that simple.

In the meantime, our future is being pissed away while the "parties" continue unchecked in Washington.
You are 100% correct.

But the problem is, is that 90% of the general American population does not see it that way due to total blind political affiliation.

Instead of focusing their attention on that aspect, the team mentality issue has put blinders on to this fact.

Jefferson's quote about the Tree of Liberty being watered with the blood of patriots every 20 years is fitting here.....but come on...every single one of us KNOWS what the answer is...but how many of us are going to sacrifice all of what we have to do it.

11-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Politics Unfiltered
"The American Republic will endure until the day the congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."

Alexis de Toqueville (1805-1859)
11-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Shocking huh? LOLzzz http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/05/obama-...itutional/
11-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Politics Unfiltered
salvador Wrote:Both parties are equally corrupt. Anyone over the age of 30 who doesn't understand that shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Interesting you said it the way you did! http://rtr.org/vid/5405
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Byrd Man Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/v/X_8E3ENrKrQ

Quote:You start out in 1954 by saying, ?Nigger, nigger, nigger.? By 1968 you can?t say ?nigger??that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states? rights, and all that stuff, and you?re getting so abstract. Now, you?re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you?re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.? ?We want to cut this,? is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than ?Nigger, nigger.?
I was wondering when the scepter of 'The Dark Prince' Lee Atwater was going to raise it's head.

Now on one hand this guy is pure evil but on the other hand some of the political campaigns he ran were pure genius. He helped Dubya bury McCain in the 2000 primary, a grudge McCain harbored for years. He would set up dubious call centers who would then phone potential voters and ask them questions such as "how would your feeling towards John McCain change if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"

I have copied some stuff from a really good Vanity Fair article on Atwater and Bush.

"On February 2, 2000, John McCain arrived in South Carolina red-hot, a 19-point-upset victor in New Hampshire over George Bush. In the final days there, some of Bush?s aides had pressed him to turn aggressively negative. Bush had resisted. His political guru, Karl Rove, overconfident for too long, had agreed.

Now, in South Carolina, Bush had lost close to a 50-point lead. With just 17 days before the vote, his back was firmly against the wall.

?Desperate people do desperate things,? Warren Rudman, the 74-year-old former New Hampshire senator and one of McCain?s national chairmen, told me. ?When you look at a lot of campaigns, not just that one, when front-runners suddenly fall behind, their campaign consultants just go off the deep end.? People going down for the third time, they grab on for anything they can get ahold of, and if it happens to be something nasty, rotten, and false, that doesn?t make much difference.?

At a meeting of Bush?s top staff that first day, the signal went out ?to take the gloves off,? Time magazine reported at the time.

?I always knew that if Bush got in trouble he?d push the doomsday button,? a respected Washington figure with solid ties to the religious right told me, asking that his name not be used. He said he?d been told the strategy called for an ?underground campaign? by all the heavyweight groups of the Republican and Christian right, a campaign that would be modeled on Ralph Reed?s infamous, Atwater-like boast about his Christian Coalition work: ?I paint my face and travel at night. You don?t know it?s over until you?re in a body bag. You don?t know until Election Night.? Luckily for Bush, the source said, the showdown was in South Carolina, where the Christian Coalition had its greatest strength. They?d work through word of mouth in the evangelical community, and it?d never be picked up by the media. ?Reed had pledged to Rove that he could deliver. Ultimately, it was all about power. They were all attaching their fates to Bush.?

And

"The rumors were spread through push polls??really not polls? at all, according to Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion and president of the National Council on Public Polls, but ?more of a telemarketing device, where you?re actually calling people in the guise of a poll and you?re not gathering information as much as you?re disseminating it.? A push poll is further defined as solely intended to spread false, damning information; a pollster who asks your opinion about something negative but true in a candidate?s record is not push-polling. Tige Watts, a Columbia consultant and pollster who considers push polls unfair and doesn?t do them, said he understood some of the calls went like this: ?They?d ask who you?re voting for. If you said Bush, they?d say, ?That?s great. Be sure to vote.? ? You?d hang up thinking it was just a normal get-out-the-vote (G.O.T.V.) call. ?But if you said McCain, they?d ask a litany of questions: ?Would you vote for McCain if you knew ? ?? Basically, they just threw the book at him.? Watts could tell when the calls peaked?about a week before the vote??because everybody started talking about it. It was like a waterfall.?

Push-polling is cheap and easy to get away with. Watts estimated it runs ?about a 10th of the price of a truly scientific? poll?as little as 25 to 30 cents a call?since what the voter says isn?t recorded or tabulated. ?I doubt they even train the interviewers,? added Warren Mitofsky of the highly respected Mitofsky International polling firm. ?They give them a script and tell them to read it.? Some states have laws regulating push-polling, but to little effect, and the American Association for Public Opinion Research investigates public complaints but can rarely trace who?s behind it. People who get push-polled seldom ask who?s calling or get a call-back number, and, Mitofsky says, ?none of the campaigns ever admit? to push-polling."

This earlier helping Bush Senior demolish Dukakis in the '88 election with some equally dubious tactics.

Every time Republicans complain about dirty Liberal Democrat tactics I think of this guy.

For those who don't know the Lee Atwater story, karma got him via inoperable brain tumour in 1991.

Fascinating guy though.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Politics Unfiltered

Agreed. All politics are controlled by special interest groups. Probably always has been, just with alternative media sources, free speech and the internet folks are more aware of it now.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Byrd Man Wrote:And my final post in this thread will be this. I just saw an interesting post on another site. For years Republicans have been criticized for the so-called "Southern Strategy" where they would appeal to racists because they figured they could just say fuck all to the black and latinos and everyone else, and win by courting the racist whites vote.

Republicans have pushed back on this and insisted that it isn't true, even though the former head of the RNC actually apologized to the NAACP for it some years back.

Well now that audio has finally been unearthed, and here is a significant moment in that where they outline out you can do this. You can't just throw out the N word because after awhile that's not accepted. So you use phrases like "States rights" and "Forced busing" and that type of thing to appeal in a dog whistle fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/v/X_8E3ENrKrQ

Quote:You start out in 1954 by saying, ?Nigger, nigger, nigger.? By 1968 you can?t say ?nigger??that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states? rights, and all that stuff, and you?re getting so abstract. Now, you?re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you?re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.? ?We want to cut this,? is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than ?Nigger, nigger.?

This is a prime example of the issues that the Republican/Conservative party has with non white voters. Historically they've not been ones to give two fucks about them, so now when it appears they need them, they aren't having an easy time and they're faced with possibly losing every election for President in the years to come unless they can overcome this stigma of their past which still lingers to this day.

Clearly all Republicans and Conservatives don't feel this way, and I don't mean to infer that all of them or even most of them do. But a whole lot do, especially a lot that are in power. And that has to change if the conservative movement wants to have a chance at winning again.

You can blame it on "stuff" and "gifts" and whatever you need to tell yourself to make yourself feel better about the electoral college ass whipping that the Republicans just suffered, but if you keep clinging to that mindstate, then you're never going to get past where you're at now.

Just my thoughts, take them for whatever.

And that is my last comment in this thread. Best to everyone in here.
The democrats were the ones who supported the southern strategy and Jim Crow! lol
11-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Politics Unfiltered
BrotherCane Wrote:

Interesting you said it the way you did! http://rtr.org/vid/5405
I don't have 30 minutes to watch it. What is the similarity?
11-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Politics Unfiltered
What a surprise...more shenanigans in St Lucie: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/18/31...urphy.html

Incompetence or corruption?

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)