Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
12-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:I'm not saying you personally, but your country seem to always be about 'me, me, me' and just worry about how things affect you personally.
Yes, because we have "individual" rights. The rights of every individual is protected by our constitution. That is an important caveat...EVERY individual has their natural rights protected. The Bill of Rights are the first Ten amendments to our Constitution, and they guarantee EVERY citizen the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They also limit the power and scope of government to protect those rights.

The reason that individual rights are protected is because it keeps the government or majority from isolating or infringing on the minority.

These rights are the very essence of what makes America the land of opportunity...they are also the same rights that come under attack anytime an opportunistic cocksucker tries to use a tragedy to promote their agenda.

James Madison was a very smart man.
I wasn't going to get involved, but I have an aversion for the melodramatic.

"The rights of every individual" were not protected by the original version of the Constitution. The rights of white males with means were protected by the original version of the Constitution and the first 10 amendments (the Bill of Rights).

Nowhere in the original Constitution of the United States of America, including the Bill of Rights will you find specific protections of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness for all men, let alone all individuals. It is not even included in the Constitution, though it is part of a significant run-on sentence in the Declaration of Independence, drafted by Thomas Jefferson.

The preamble of the Constitution reads - "WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

The genius of the Constitution was its inherent ability to evolve toward inclusion of all individuals in the exclusive rights that it endowed to white males with means. Those who call themselves "originalists" are fools and / or provocateurs.

The Constitution has always been open to interpretation. The obsession with Amendment II is one of the most curious subjects related to the Constitution. It cuts to the very core of what is going on in the United States of America.

Amendment II reads - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That's it. That is all there is. Yet, from this ambiguous sentence stems the idea that this amendment was adopted to protect us from our own government. The fact is that it was adopted because the so called "founding fathers" did not have the means to form a standing army. "A well regulated Militia" was "the security" of the United States of America at that time.

Times have changed. We have a very well regulated militia as well as a massive standing military. "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms" is infringed to varying degrees from state to state and city to city.

The fact is that firearm ownership has nothing to do with "a well regulated militia." It has everything to do with the industry's propaganda and disinformation campaign.

The insane proliferation of firearms in the United States of America threatens the goals set forth in the preamble of the Constitution. Justice, domestic tranquility, common defence, the general welfare, and the blessings of liberty are all eroded by the current state of firearm law in the United states of America.

Nothing in Amendment II of the Constitution of the United States of America defends your position. In fact, the very essence of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution stand squarely against your logic, or the lack thereof.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Violent crimes are down in America, and have steadily declined in the past five years. All the while, gun ownership has increased. The FBI has drawn the correlation between the two. Now I know that this doesn't fit in to the left's narrative, but I'm surprised that YOU are not persuaded by it.

Tragedies like these are definitely news worthy, and should monopolize coverage...but the opportunism from the left is sickening. I'd be happy to talk about the importance of individual rights with you, but I don't want the conversation to be sidetracked too far due to my reply to Fitz's "me, me, me" comment. The fact remains that 26 people were murdered, including 20 grade schoolers, by a sociopathic outcast and all that the left wants to discuss is their agenda of stripping the country of guns.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Politics Unfiltered
I'm glad I have mine that's all I have to say.

12-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Politics Unfiltered
This kind of shit doesn't happen in Texas. I wonder why?

12-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Politics Unfiltered
I'm just waiting for a couple of muslims to walk into a movie theatre with a few semi-automatics to change the conversation.
12-16-2012, 04:40 AM
Politics Unfiltered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...GaDAThOHhA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...GaDAThOHhA
12-16-2012, 05:06 AM
Politics Unfiltered
12-16-2012, 05:38 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Maxy Wrote:İmage
Yeah, but if those 9,484 people had their rights (they are mine, they belong to 'me, me, me'), could've easily been 18,968.
Because banning guns is stupid. Criminals are going to kill people anyways. If they ban guns, all it means is that someone will have to use a knife in a massacre instead and go into the cinemas or something and start stabbing to death about 18 people, which will be accomplished easily, just the same as a gun rolleyes
12-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Politics Unfiltered
You know Fitz, I hate to say it, but the fact that a country the size of Australia only has 35 gun related murders a year kind of makes Australians come across as pussies.
12-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Politics Unfiltered
salvador Wrote:You know Fitz, I hate to say it, but the fact that a country the size of Australia only has 35 gun related murders a year kind of makes Australians come across as pussies.
Really? Or are you being sarcastic? It's difficult to read sometimes.....

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)