Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
07-30-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
President Obama complained today that the US House of Representatives' vote on a lawsuit complaining of Executive amendment of the PPACA took time the House could have spent on doing things for the assembled Democrats in his audience. Meanwhile, 353 bills that have passed the House await consideration by the Senate.

I wonder why the president isn't complaining about that.

http://majorityleader.gov/bill-tracker/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2014, 07:53 PM
(07-30-2014 04:26 PM)Warlord Wrote:  The scientific research done by Nazi Germany was pilfered by the U.S. on up into the 60s and 70s, and was instrumental in getting the American space program on its feet and into the space race.
German engineering remains among the best in the world. There is no denying that.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2014, 07:57 PM
(07-30-2014 07:43 PM)BrotherCane Wrote:  President Obama complained today that the US House of Representatives' vote on a lawsuit complaining of Executive amendment of the PPACA took time the House could have spent on doing things for the assembled Democrats in his audience. Meanwhile, 353 bills that have passed the House await consideration by the Senate.

I wonder why the president isn't complaining about that.

http://majorityleader.gov/bill-tracker/
A couple of Bills on that list that could've been handy...

https://cosponsor.gov/details/hr2189-113
https://cosponsor.gov/details/hr1405-113

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2014, 08:09 PM
For real!!! There are a bunch really though! Farm aid, jobs bills and more! Even though for the most part I believe the private sector creates jobs, government should just not over regulate and over tax those who make said jobs!
07-30-2014, 09:15 PM
A lot of sectors of the economy need regulation, like the energy sector. Before the Enron crisis, California was a haven for small-government libertarians and Republicans. The thought was that if you just regulate for the environment, everything will be nifty; well, it wasn't. Enron used loopholes in energy regulations to shut off its electrical plants and jack up energy rates. It sucked. We were getting rolling black- and brown-outs, plus our energy bills went sky high. California's been leaning further to the left ever since then on economic issues.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
07-30-2014, 09:32 PM
I am 90% sure power bills are gonna skyrocket again!
07-30-2014, 10:01 PM
I vote for no government at all let us rule ourselves

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
07-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Not a fan of Anarchy but doing away with the central government would be a plus! I think Jefferson was right about the central government ending up too big and it should all be in the states hands!
07-30-2014, 10:12 PM
(07-30-2014 09:32 PM)BrotherCane Wrote:  I am 90% sure power bills are gonna skyrocket again!

Based on what, exactly? Under Obama, America has become energy independent, fuel supplies are steady, and regulations are in place to prevent gouging by energy companies like Enron.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
07-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Because he is putting coal outta business and when that happens natural gas will skyrocket! It's a Keynesian dream come true! And under Obama? So Obama made us energy independent?

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)