Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
12-18-2014, 01:40 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
(12-18-2014 03:23 AM)Romulus9 Wrote:  There has to be a screener copy out there somewhere. A reviewer, a writer, something.

If it never gets leaked............ I will be stunned.
There has been talks of Sony selling it to another distributor, VOD only, Blu-Ray only...even Sony doing a free download.

I really, REALLY hate this reaction to a threat to suppress.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2014, 04:16 AM
You know....i hate that Sony did it too. BUT.....in todays sue happy world....had they released it...and IF something bad had taken place the liability would lose them tons if money, multiple incidents could maybe bankrupt them. I'm sure they hated to....but it was just too big a risk.

But you know from the time this film was announced....I really could not understand how it ever got the green light with it specifically naming the country in the film as North Korea....they should have known it was going to cause problems.
Find all posts by this user
12-21-2014, 10:02 AM
It's going to get released and when it does it'll make way more money than it ever would have without the hack.

Judging by the commercial it looks really tedious and unfunny.
12-22-2014, 05:18 PM
The Interview will be released. I said it in my article. If it's not on Xmas, it will be eventually some other medium. Sony CEO saying they have no medium to release... they OWN Crackle. Crackle runs original series' like Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Sony was hacked, yes, but this is all BS. North Korea has no capability to pose any threat to anyone besides its own population. You can go online an d pay 100 bucks to get someone to hack someone else. This could be NK or some douche in their parents basement.
12-24-2014, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2014 06:59 AM by Method.)
So Kim Jong Un is going to let us all see The Interview now? These new Korean laws are so confusing.

We've had massive data breaches in gov, banking, military, transport, energy industry. Main stream media thinks the SonyHack was an act of war. (Hat tip TG)
12-24-2014, 08:30 AM
It's showing in select theaters. It's in 2 Alamo Draft Houses here in Houston. All of the showings have sold out as viewers want to send a message to NK that they will not be bullied.

I myself think it's a great way to get people interested in what looked like a really lackluster comedy in the first place. I may view it one day but have no intentions of losing quality holiday family time over it. it never looked all that good in the first place....at least not to me. But then again I'm not a huge fan of some of their other comedies....Pineapple Express, The End....etc.
12-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Superbad was comedy. I have no interest in a lot of Rogan's movies. Not because I dont think he's funny. I do, actually, but it takes a lot to get me to a theater, and when I do, 99% of the time it AIN'T for a comedy. Comedy's I generally watch at home.
12-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Same here. I wouldn't waste one of the few times that I actually go to the theater on this movie. Getting to the theater is getting harder and harder for me. Watching from home is a much more enjoyable experience.

Really the only times that I'll make a point of going to the theater is if my wife really wants to go see something, or if the Oscars are approaching and there are some Best Picture nominees that I haven't seen yet. I try to watch them all before the awards show.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
12-24-2014, 11:40 PM
Man....im a huge movie buff. But the last few years my trips to the theater have become less and less. I'm just not a fan of 95% of the stuff Hollywood is cranking out. One of the best films I saw this year was an independent film with a Korean director....snowpiercer....and that only played in select theaters. I'm also depending on the small documentaries to entertain me more now. Tim's Vermeer and Finding Vivian Meere. Are two really awesome docs that I saw in the theater.

As for big block busters....the only one I watched was Guardians of the Galaxy. Which I did like. But the Hobbit, hunger games, transformers, all of that bullshit....holds zero interest for me.

I don't know man....its pretty bad on all fronts for me it seems....I loathe just about every aspect of "entertainment" now days.....music sucks, television sucks, the movies suck.....its getting harder and harder to actually find something that makes me want to go see/hear it.

Nothing seems cool and original anymore. The new trailer for the next terminator looks like they just decided to make T2 again...with second rate actors. I try to listen to my local "alternative" radio station and I have to suffer thru Dangerous by big data and lorde just to hear something decent like Foo Fighters. Then absolute shit television shows like Scandal with a chick that literally makes the same face for every expression....are considered the best while hidden gems like Hannibal are on the verge of cancellation. Don't even get me started on the reality crap.

And to put a big fat cherry on this shit sundae....my loved sport of boxing is just as lame and shitty as everything I just mentioned.

sometimes I wonder if every person goes thru this....like when you are 90 and everything is so different than when you were young that you just do t care for any of it.....but 90 is one thing....im not even 40! So that tells me it could get much worse!
12-25-2014, 12:44 AM
My brother is the manager of a cinema. I go for free. Free tickets. Free concessions.

I still don't go often because so much of the selection is just garbage.

The best perk is getting to watch movies the night before they go worldwide, because he has to test them before they premiere... so I just happen to be there before anyone else. Watched Man of Steel and Captain America 2 before they premiered. Considering I've waited for a truly great Superman film my entire life, that was about the coolest thing possible.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)