Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
03-10-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
Social media would've blown that shit out of the water. Could you imagine someone trying to peddle magic underpants in the age of Facebook and Twitter?

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 01:22 AM
Isn't it interesting that in the age of cellphones with camera's and internet technology there isn't one recorded religious miracle in ANY faith? Nor will there be. Ever.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2015, 01:41 AM
Florida Gov. Rick Scott loves to fuck with the libs...lol

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-bans-clima...05011.html

03-11-2015, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 06:59 AM by BrotherCane.)
(03-11-2015 01:41 AM)Spyder Wrote:  Florida Gov. Rick Scott loves to fuck with the libs...lol

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-bans-clima...05011.html

Fucking with liberal commies is a lot of fun, neo cons can be fun too...they get pissed when I say GW Bush was a progressive!

Spyder, ever read any Thomas Sowell books? I am on The Sowell Reader now, great book! I agree with him most of the time....I did see/hear him say something on Facts and Fallacies that was wrong and I believe untrue! I can't remember what it was though. Not sure I'll ever agree with everyone all the time though.

And this idiot, how dumb does she think we are? I have 3 email addresses on one device. Can you imagine that people are so dumb that they believe this bullshit? Yes I know, let me guess, I went from racist to sexist right? smh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUYRz8fsdvs
03-11-2015, 10:09 PM
Two weeks ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXjB-HAhmUY

03-12-2015, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 07:23 AM by BrotherCane.)
It's all fiction just like her book! I have been really paying attention to what people like her and Obama say and looked into what they say are facts and neither one are 50-50% and cherry pick their facts. Both of them go on and on about income gap between men and women...and while there is a small gap, there has to be a reason for it. If not, the greed capitalist would just hire women in top positions because they could pay them less, don't you think?

The fact is that women who work on their careers make about the same but those women normally don't have child and went to college and worked their way up. The fact is, I know 100's of couples where the women are the bread winners. I have no problem with women making the same money for the SAME WORK but again, if they were doing the same work, wouldn't corporations just hire the women cause they could pay them less?

Anyhow, in my view, Hillary is the war on women in many ways, she tried to destroy the women her hubby shagged or what happened. Plus she fills their heads with 1/2 truths and pure fallacies. Everything fro Benghazi, her Bosnia trip where she was under fire and running with her head down, to this email thing and her real role in Whitewater.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/10-scandals-in...-forgotten
03-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Cane said shagged...... Im confused
03-12-2015, 02:53 PM
(03-11-2015 01:22 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Isn't it interesting that in the age of cellphones with camera's and internet technology there isn't one recorded religious miracle in ANY faith? Nor will there be. Ever.

That's highly subjective though, Ollie. I think there is a bit of a misconception in popular culture as to what constitutes a "miracle." Most definitions describe it as an event that is highly improbable or impossible, more or less.

But then again, how do we define impossible? The truth is, we can't. How many times have impossibilities become possibilities over time? Not only was the internet an impossibility a thousand years ago, it wasn't even an idea. Ditto for cloning. Or traveling to the moon and back.

In that sense, we can consider all three of those achievements (internet, cloning, space travel) to be miracles, by the standard definition.

As for not catching it on your iPhone, well, yeah. To me, every birth that has been video-taped has caught a miracle on camera. And I mean that literally.

Billions of years ago, non-existence was suddenly introduced to an explosion of light that would go on to fuel creation itself. From nothing, NOTHING, came forth the building blocks of life. Atoms, carbon, electrons, energy, everything. And not only did it come from nothing, it just happened to coincidentally (not by design, right? Certainly not by design) come together in such a way as to produce life.

But rudimentary life. Protoplasmic, primordial goo. But then, again, another mathematically improbable event occurred which allowed something to emerge from that goo. What was that thing? Who knows. But somehow, on its own, this thing managed to evolve, to reproduce, and then its offspring all themselves managed to evolve (all into different things, species, lifeforms, whatever), and reproduce as well.

And it goes on. All so mathematically improbable that it has never occurred in the countless number of eons before or since, so far as our reckoning goes.

But the improbabilities don't stop there. Of the billions of different lifeforms that ALL (apparently) evolved from that one single-celled organism, there was one, ONE, that somehow managed to evolve past all the rest into a species that could think abstract thoughts and communicate verbally.

By any stretch, creation itself constitutes a miracle. A true miracle. Is it on your iPhone? The iPhone you hold in your hand is itself proof that such a miracle took place.

Whether the miracle was divine or not is certainly up for debate.

That's all devil's advocate for me, by the way as, spiritually, miracles have always been medical. They have always centered around health and well-being.

What I think popular culture has trouble with is separating miracles from "signs." Signs are of a revelatory nature, supernatural proof of God's will. Those I think you can say have never been caught on video. And I would agree.

But then, that doesn't really mean much to me at all. A prophet's power came from God, and came only when God sought to deliver a message to mankind. This has always been true, even in the religions you mentioned earlier. There was never a prophet from any Abrahamic religion who worked wonders of his own accord. They were always from God.

So why no signs today? Does that mean God is no longer present, or concerned with the affairs of man? No. Christians will tell you it is because everything God intended to reveal to man has been revealed through Jesus.

Jesus himself confirmed this by saying "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah."

I could expound on that further if need be, but I think my overall point has been made.

In summary, mathematically improbable or "impossible" miracles have occurred throughout history, and will continue to do so.

Medical miracles have occurred throughout history as well, and will continue to do so. Just ask your doctor the next time you go in for a check-up. He will undoubtedly validate this claim.

Signs (mistakenly referred to as miracles) of a supernatural force are undoubtedly absent from modern society. But for the faithful, there is a reason for this, and the reason was given a long time ago.

Just my two cents.
03-12-2015, 07:50 PM
(03-12-2015 11:42 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Cane said shagged...... Im confused

ummm why bro?
Shagged
The same thing as fucked. But in the u.k they say shagged.
I shagged that girl i met at the club last night.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shagged
03-12-2015, 07:57 PM
(03-12-2015 02:53 PM)Warlord Wrote:  That's highly subjective though, Ollie. I think there is a bit of a misconception in popular culture as to what constitutes a "miracle." Most definitions describe it as an event that is highly improbable or impossible, more or less.

But then again, how do we define impossible? The truth is, we can't. How many times have impossibilities become possibilities over time? Not only was the internet an impossibility a thousand years ago, it wasn't even an idea. Ditto for cloning. Or traveling to the moon and back.

In that sense, we can consider all three of those achievements (internet, cloning, space travel) to be miracles, by the standard definition.

As for not catching it on your iPhone, well, yeah. To me, every birth that has been video-taped has caught a miracle on camera. And I mean that literally.

Billions of years ago, non-existence was suddenly introduced to an explosion of light that would go on to fuel creation itself. From nothing, NOTHING, came forth the building blocks of life. Atoms, carbon, electrons, energy, everything. And not only did it come from nothing, it just happened to coincidentally (not by design, right? Certainly not by design) come together in such a way as to produce life.

But rudimentary life. Protoplasmic, primordial goo. But then, again, another mathematically improbable event occurred which allowed something to emerge from that goo. What was that thing? Who knows. But somehow, on its own, this thing managed to evolve, to reproduce, and then its offspring all themselves managed to evolve (all into different things, species, lifeforms, whatever), and reproduce as well.

And it goes on. All so mathematically improbable that it has never occurred in the countless number of eons before or since, so far as our reckoning goes.

But the improbabilities don't stop there. Of the billions of different lifeforms that ALL (apparently) evolved from that one single-celled organism, there was one, ONE, that somehow managed to evolve past all the rest into a species that could think abstract thoughts and communicate verbally.

By any stretch, creation itself constitutes a miracle. A true miracle. Is it on your iPhone? The iPhone you hold in your hand is itself proof that such a miracle took place.

Whether the miracle was divine or not is certainly up for debate.

That's all devil's advocate for me, by the way as, spiritually, miracles have always been medical. They have always centered around health and well-being.

What I think popular culture has trouble with is separating miracles from "signs." Signs are of a revelatory nature, supernatural proof of God's will. Those I think you can say have never been caught on video. And I would agree.

But then, that doesn't really mean much to me at all. A prophet's power came from God, and came only when God sought to deliver a message to mankind. This has always been true, even in the religions you mentioned earlier. There was never a prophet from any Abrahamic religion who worked wonders of his own accord. They were always from God.

So why no signs today? Does that mean God is no longer present, or concerned with the affairs of man? No. Christians will tell you it is because everything God intended to reveal to man has been revealed through Jesus.

Jesus himself confirmed this by saying "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah."

I could expound on that further if need be, but I think my overall point has been made.

In summary, mathematically improbable or "impossible" miracles have occurred throughout history, and will continue to do so.

Medical miracles have occurred throughout history as well, and will continue to do so. Just ask your doctor the next time you go in for a check-up. He will undoubtedly validate this claim.

Signs (mistakenly referred to as miracles) of a supernatural force are undoubtedly absent from modern society. But for the faithful, there is a reason for this, and the reason was given a long time ago.

Just my two cents.

yes but you've answered from a purely Christian perspective. I'm talking about miracles across all religions. An yes I mean of the kind in the Christian bible such as walking o water, resurrections, building of arks to hold animal kingdom's etc.

No-one will ever go into the desert where God will then appear before them because even peasants in the desert carries a cellphone that can take pictures.

ALL these religions founded thousands of years a go were all founded on the basis of someone having/witnessing a miraculous act or acts of God. Parting of the Red Sea etc. I find it interesting in the age of technology where these acts can become a lot more verifiable we never see them.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)