Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
04-29-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
I like Carly, but what was she thinking? First of all, she was basically telling the punchline for an inside joke to a mass audience. Secondly, the punchline was a song that she chose to sing. No setup, no warning...just impromptu singing of some bizarre made-up song.

It was just weird.

Kinda like this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6i-gYRAwM0

Which, in retrospect, isn't even as weird.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2016, 08:41 PM
I agree it was a weird moment, but it is really indicative of where we're at as a country when things like this get more play than anything substantive that a candidate has to say.

Carly had a really great speech, and made a lot of really great points. It just disgusts me that this is what people want to talk about.

Not just with Carly either. I mean, what the fuck, man. From the Howard Dean scream to Romney's "binders full of women", it's just really fucking amazing what Americans fixate on when it comes to politics.

We're on the verge of the most important election of our lifetime, and we gotta waste our time with a 30-second clip of Carly singing to two young girls that she is obviously close to, instead of focusing on her politics, which are fantastic.
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2016, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't blame Americans for it. The current state of the media is all soundbites. That's all that you get. If you are right wing, then those soundbites will be whatever makes you look silly/crazy/stupid/racist...whatever negative adjective they can attach to you.

The thing about it is that Carly knows this. Everyone should know this by now. Donald knows it, but just refuses to care. Every other politician has their image carefully crafted before they step on the stage. In a race this hotly contested, Cruz/Fiorina can't afford to have any moments that they'd like to take back.

04-29-2016, 09:36 PM
I honestly don't think they give one fuck, nor does anyone who voted, will vote, or was ever going to vote for them.
04-29-2016, 10:05 PM
What do you think about Cruz picking a running mate at this point?

04-29-2016, 10:10 PM
(04-29-2016 09:14 PM)Spyder Wrote:  I wouldn't blame Americans for it. The current state of the media is all soundbites. That's all that you get. If you are right wing, then those soundbites will be whatever makes you look silly/crazy/stupid/racist...whatever negative adjective they can attach to you.

The thing about it is that Carly knows this. Everyone should know this by now. Donald knows it, but just refuses to care. Every other politician has their image carefully crafted before they step on the stage. In a race this hotly contested, Cruz/Fiorina can't afford to have any moments that they'd like to take back.

Agreed, this is a worldwide phenomenon. You can make the greatest Churchillian speech of all times but you know once you start serenading into the mic that's all the world is gonna hear about. A rookie mistake from someone I assume is not a rookie?

A quick side-note, Howard Dean could end up playing a villain in a Batman movie with that speech. Creepy.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-29-2016, 10:22 PM
Howard Dean saw his political ambitions destroyed with that one moment that he let his emotions get the better of him. It happens all of the time. I guess I'm just surprised that Carly let her emotions get the better of her too.

04-29-2016, 10:41 PM
@Spyder

I think he announced Carly as his VP now because he had to change the narrative. The leftwing media has already coronated Trump because they're so desperate for him to be the nominee. They see violence in the streets during anti-Trump protests and they're licking their lips. They (correctly) believe Trump to be the only candidate on planet Earth that Hillary can beat.

Cruz announcing his VP interrupted the Trump coronation news cycle. Furthermore, it got (and will continue to get) under Trump's skin. The more agitated he his, the more likely he is to make another stupid statement,

With Indiana up for grabs, and Cruz just getting endorsed by Governor Pense, it may be the edge Cruz needs to win Indiana and prevent Trump from hitting 1,237.
04-29-2016, 11:31 PM
I almost completely agree. I don't think that Hilary can beat Trump, or that the move irked him. I expect DT to read from Teleprompter for most of his engagements from here on out.

Spot-on with stealing the media attention away from the beating he took at the polls. It was the only way that he could hope to change the narrative away from Trump being presumptive. I saw it as a last ditch effort to shore up the female votes as well.

04-30-2016, 01:11 AM
(04-28-2016 08:29 AM)Warlord Wrote:  An American president can only serve two terms. Thank God. And the subhuman Obama has already served two terms.

Clinton is the front-runner for the Democratic Party (Odummy's party), and Trump is the front runner for the Republican Party. Cruz is running against Trump to be the Republican nominee, while Bernie Sanders is running against Hillary to be the Democratic nominee.

Bernie doesn't have a chance, so you may not hear about him so much now. Cruz can upset the apple cart for Trump as long as Trump doesn't get 1,237 delegates, so he's still very much in the news cycle.

The left wing dominated media are desperate for a Trump win, because they think he's the only candidate on Earth that Hillary can beat. They've done their best to call the race for Trump and bury Cruz, but Cruz won't go away.

Thanks Warlord, that was what I didn't know. I wasn't aware that an American President could only serve 2 terms, which was why I didn't understand why Obama didn't have any campaign.
Our Prime Minister can serve as long as they want as long as they have the support of their party and the nation votes for them.
Though our last 2 Prime Ministers both lost the backing of their party and our Prime Minister's have been replaced by another member from that party that we never voted in.
We will be having an election this year.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)