Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
05-09-2016, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 01:24 PM by salvador.)
RE: Politics Unfiltered
Because he chose to play a fucking mime version of Adam opposite God at his Baptist high school and he looked terrifying doing it.

Ron Paul said it perfectly when he said he could never vote for Cruz because "he's a theocrat."

Because Cruz is a zealot who believes that religion and political power are joined at the hip just like our Middle Eastern friends think.

And even if he doesn't actually believe that Moses parted the Red Sea, he does understand that the evangelicals fundamentally believe it in the most literal sense and he knows how powerful evangelicals are - particularly in republican primaries - and he exploits the hell out of them for his own political gain.

Here is a video I posted a couple of weeks ago. Really, if you are on the fence as to whether or not Cruz shamelessly uses religion as a political tool then watch this:

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Let it go, Spyder, Sal is your typical leftist. Religion is anathema to leftism.

The sole issue that concerns him when it comes to politics are the social issues. Go count up the number of times he's bashed Cruz on policy versus personal religious beliefs, and it'll tell the story.

This is the guy who has openly said he favors Fed over State.
05-09-2016, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 02:52 PM by salvador.)
(05-09-2016 02:18 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Let it go, Spyder, Sal is your typical leftist. Religion is anathema to leftism.

No, I have no problem at all with religion.

I do have a major problem with the use of religion for political power - and the history of the world (including the very modern history of the world) is extremely clear that religion and politics are a horrible mix.

I guess we should feel comforted by the idea that Cruz's power came from Baptists who absolutely believe that Jesus walked on water rather than Muslims or Scientologists.
05-09-2016, 03:27 PM
My daughter played Mrs Claus in a Christmas play at her parochial preschool. Does that disqualify her from running for anything later in life, or make it terrifying?

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2016, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 05:57 PM by salvador.)
(05-09-2016 03:27 PM)Spyder Wrote:  My daughter played Mrs Claus in a Christmas play at her parochial preschool. Does that disqualify her from running for anything later in life, or make it terrifying?

Call me when she is quoting bible verses in her political ads.
05-09-2016, 06:45 PM
(05-09-2016 05:55 PM)salvador Wrote:  Call me when she is quoting bible verses in her political ads.

I guess to a good little progressive turd like you, our founding fathers must seem nothing more than a frightening collection of unwashed, ignorant, bumbling troglodytes.

The Declaration of Independence Wrote:When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

George Washington Wrote:I now make it my earnest prayer that God would have you, and the State over which you preside, in his holy protection; that he would incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government, to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow-citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for brethren who have served in the field; and finally that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind, which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy nation.

Thomas Jefferson Wrote:"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."

James Madison Wrote:“We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We’ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity…to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.”

Benjamin Franklin Wrote:“God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel.”

It's amazing to me that nothing that exists today in our modern society would exist without Judeo-Christian values, democracy, and capitalism, and yet this is the exact thing progressive shitheads like you rail against the most.

You guys really are everything you accuse everyone else of -- total and complete ignorant blowhard asshole retards.
05-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Warlord, just so we are clear, you don't believe in the separation of church and state, correct?
05-09-2016, 07:23 PM
(05-09-2016 05:55 PM)salvador Wrote:  Call me when she is quoting bible verses in her political ads.
I think that you should try to compartmentalize your own feelings about people that you are critical of before you react to any stupid little piece of liberal spam email fodder that on its own merits is meaningless.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
05-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Salvador, just so we're clear, you actually believe the constitution includes the words "seperation of church and state", right?

I don't expect an honest answer. Go google it, look it up on wiki, or whatever you bachelor of arts majors do and see what the constitution says about "seperation of church and state."
05-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Time to throw some gas on the fire.

I'm a Christian that believes every word of the Bible.

Parting the Red Sea. Walking on water. Creation. Jesus Christ died for my sins and He is the only way to Heaven. Revelation, Daniel, Jeremiah.

All of it.

All. Of. It.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)