Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
09-01-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
Still think? I never thought they would or were but we been played. Democrats voting for Trump and switching back to Clinton won Trump the nomination. This shit shouldn't even be close and she should be in prison!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Cruz would be up by double digits if he were the nominee. The media could've never gotten him off his game, no matter what they tried.

He would've been a staunch conservative, and laid the case againt Hillary and the Dems perfectly.

Trump has a cult of personality built around him now. He's a movement. Either enough people get pulled in or they don't, but I don't see either him or Hillary pulling in a ton of new voters barring something unpredictable.

Cruz could've done W-like numbers with moderates and minorities, which would've all but guaranteed him the victory in November. Trump can't and won't. He'll win if he can get enough whites to the polls.
09-01-2016, 08:01 PM
You guys don't really think that there is a draw to Hillary, do you?

She will not get people to the polls. I've been saying this all along. The Dems lost the election when they cheated Bernie. The libs would rather stay at home than go vote for her.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2016, 10:02 PM
I don't think she's a draw in that she can pulls numbers on her own. She can't. The problem is that the dems already have an advantage when it comes to the electoral map. And though Killary can't draw many independents on her own, she still has a very big base that would vote for Satan if he had a D next to his name.

The Republican candidate, in order to win, has to draw both a sizable number of independents and at least 10% of the minority vote to win. That's just the math.

Trump will win the white vote, and it won't be close. No Dem has won the white vote since World War II. But he's got to pull at least the numbers W did with minorities to pull this off, and right now the numbers just aren't there.

I hope it changes. But I fear the only candidate Hillary could've ever beaten is the one she's got. But on the bright side, Hillary is the only candidate Trump could've ever beaten to, so...

Right now, all is in flux. The first debate will go a long way in deciding this thing. I just think the election would have already been a foregone conclusion if Cruz had been the nominee. Trump can't help but squander every opportunity he's gotten since becoming the nominee.
09-01-2016, 10:03 PM
(09-01-2016 08:01 PM)Spyder Wrote:  You guys don't really think that there is a draw to Hillary, do you?

She will not get people to the polls. I've been saying this all along. The Dems lost the election when they cheated Bernie. The libs would rather stay at home than go vote for her.

I think unless Criminal Clinton is taken down hard by scandal, she will rather easily. This is all just a circus show and honestly Trump sounds foolish at least 1/2 the time and I hate Clinton!
09-01-2016, 11:54 PM
(09-01-2016 07:15 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Cruz would be up by double digits if he were the nominee. The media could've never gotten him off his game, no matter what they tried.

He would've been a staunch conservative, and laid the case againt Hillary and the Dems perfectly.

Trump has a cult of personality built around him now. He's a movement. Either enough people get pulled in or they don't, but I don't see either him or Hillary pulling in a ton of new voters barring something unpredictable.

Cruz could've done W-like numbers with moderates and minorities, which would've all but guaranteed him the victory in November. Trump can't and won't. He'll win if he can get enough whites to the polls.

Clearly I haven't followed the election as closely as you but I'm pretty sure I've followed it a helluva lot more closely than many Americans, LOL and one thing I have done a bit of research on was just how hated Ted Cruz was. He really didn't seem like an electable guy. Elections in America do seem to revolve a lot around the 'cult of personality' as you rightly point out and I'm not sure how a drab candidate like Cruz, with the mainstream liberal media so heavily weighted in Hilary's favour could've done any better.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-02-2016, 01:22 AM
(09-01-2016 11:54 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Clearly I haven't followed the election as closely as you but I'm pretty sure I've followed it a helluva lot more closely than many Americans, LOL and one thing I have done a bit of research on was just how hated Ted Cruz was. He really didn't seem like an electable guy. Elections in America do seem to revolve a lot around the 'cult of personality' as you rightly point out and I'm not sure how a drab candidate like Cruz, with the mainstream liberal media so heavily weighted in Hilary's favour could've done any better.
And that's the rub...

No matter who the GOP nominates, the media is going to go after them. Fucking Moron ass Mitt Romney was attacked for saying that he had binders of woman that he looked to hire into high positions. You don't get much tamer, middle of the road than Mitt Romney yet he was still targeted for everything.

People on the right need to stop trying to appease the left, and stop trying to be liked by the media. It is never going to happen. For everything that can be said about Trump, at least he gets that. He figures that if they are going to go after him for something, then he might as well go down swinging.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2016, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 10:13 AM by BrotherCane.)
The conventional wisdom has calcified: Donald Trump is going to lose to Hillary Clinton.

Sure, there have been brief moments when the outcome seemed in doubt — when the FBI director called Clinton's handling of her emails while secretary of state "extremely careless"; when it looked for about a half-hour that Trump received a significant bump from the GOP convention. But for the most part, and especially in the month since the conclusion of the Democratic convention, the race has settled into a stable pattern, with Clinton running between 4 and 8 points ahead of Trump nationally and beating him in most, if not all, of the so-called swing states. Hence the conventional wisdom: Trump will lose.

http://www.theweek.com/articles/646087/d...an-history
09-02-2016, 11:44 AM
(09-01-2016 11:54 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Clearly I haven't followed the election as closely as you but I'm pretty sure I've followed it a helluva lot more closely than many Americans, LOL and one thing I have done a bit of research on was just how hated Ted Cruz was. He really didn't seem like an electable guy. Elections in America do seem to revolve a lot around the 'cult of personality' as you rightly point out and I'm not sure how a drab candidate like Cruz, with the mainstream liberal media so heavily weighted in Hilary's favour could've done any better.

The hate for Cruz came from the political establishment and leftwing media, not the voters (except for the hardcore Trumpkins that got sucked into the Trump cult of personality).

Charles Krauthammer summed it perfectly when he was asked why the political establishment hated Cruz, and to a lesser degree, Trump. Charles said 'they don't hate Trump, they fear Trump. They're afraid Trump may actually do what he says he's going to do. They hate Ted Cruz because they know he'll do what he says.'

John Feehery elaborated on that idea a bit more. “The cadre of Republican lobbyists, operatives and elected officials based in Washington are much more unnerved by Mr. Cruz, a go-it-alone, hard-right crusader who campaigns against the political establishment and could curtail their influence and access, building his own Republican machine to essentially replace them. Trump won’t do long-lasting damage to the G.O.P. coalition. Cruz will.”

Cruz's biggest problem with the political elite is that he calls them out on their bullshit, as when he called Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell a liar on the senate floor. He doesn't just do it verbally, as Trump has done. He does it through actions. The government shutdown over the Obamacare bill was led by Cruz, mainly as a reaction to Republican senators who opposed it verbally, but had quietly resigned themselves to letting it get through without a fight.

Cruz wanted to fight it tooth and nail, where as McConnell and the gang only wanted to put up the pretense of a fight. When Cruz enacted the shutdown and pissed everybody off, the entire RNC was scared shitless that it was going to hurt them come election time. Only it didn't. Republicans got control of the House and Senate for the first time in nearly a century or more. And they got elected to do what only Cruz has seemed willing to do -- fight.

But even now, they still won't. You get cunts like the despicable Paul "Open Borders" Ryan passing a spending bill that allowed our shitskin president to put us TRILLIONS more in debt.

Cruz (and a few others like Mike Lee) has been the only one standing up from his first day in office to now, calling them out on this nonsense. As he has famously said, many times, he didn't come along to get along.

It's just a damn shame that the best pure conservative candidate we've had got blown out by a blowhard who couldn't define conservatism if his life depended on it.

"Oh, Cruz isn't likable!" Well, his fucking policies are. And that's what we should have all been voting for.
09-02-2016, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 12:24 PM by BrotherCane.)
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/09/patr...-election/

smh https://libertarianvindicator.com/2016/0...publicans/

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)