Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
10-11-2019, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 08:02 PM by Nay_Sayer.)
RE: Politics Unfiltered
(10-11-2019 06:29 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Bro you sure you want to play this game? Maybe America could solve it's opioid epidemic if only it would bring over some of those African witch doctors that cure Aids with a lil black magic, LOL.

Out of a bunch of retarded arguments you've made this is about the most spastic of them all. I get it though you're one of those people that hates your own country.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/d...appeal2005

I think you have missed that which is painfully obvious. As such, lets go over a little history. There was this event known as the European colonization of the African continent. Some of the byproducts of this event were the West African Slave Trade and the decimation of traditional African civilization - which had already begun hundreds of years prior to West European intervention thanks primarily to the rise of Islam and constant West Asian invasion. Most of Africa today is more Western European/Western Asian in its civilization than it is traditional African. English, French, German, Arabic, Dutch are the official languages of most African nations. Christianity and Islam are the dominant religions. Most African leaders [read properly: dictators] are backed by either the West or some "Middle Eastern" country.

So, if modern Africa has issues with "witchdoctors" - thank the Colonial Powers who set the stage and who still pull *all* the strings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2019, 08:02 PM
(10-11-2019 07:18 PM)Nay_Sayer Wrote:  I think you have missed that which is painfully obvious. As such, lets go over a little history. There was this event known as the European colonization of the African continent. Some of the byproducts of this event were the West African Slave Trade and the decimation of traditional African civilization - which had already begun hundreds of years prior to West European intervention primarily thanks to the rise of Islam and constant West Asian invasion. Most of Africa today is more Western European/Western Asian in its civilization than it is traditional African. English, French, German, Arabic, Dutch are the official languages of most African nations. Christianity and Islam are the dominant religions. Most African leaders [read properly: dictators] are backed by either the West or some "Middle Eastern" country.

So, if modern Africa has issues with "witchdoctors" - thank the Colonial Powers who set the stage and who still pull *all* the strings.

RoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao I (and just about everyone else I assume) just KNEW you were gonna play this card. Amazing how such incredibly advanced civilization was so easily overwhelmed by those evil colonialists. And somehow, just amazingly although you offer zero evidence of this, they foisted witchcraft on the populous to control them? Is that your assertion?

I guess witchcraft is a western innovation lollollol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-11-2019, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 08:10 PM by Nay_Sayer.)
(10-11-2019 06:29 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  I get it though you're one of those people that hates your own country.

And BTW, why would I hate a country that was built on the back of the African?

(10-11-2019 08:02 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  I guess witchcraft is a western innovation lollollol

Witchcraft isn't a Western innovation - but ignorance is...
10-11-2019, 08:37 PM
(10-11-2019 08:06 PM)Nay_Sayer Wrote:  And BTW, why would I hate a country that was built on the back of the African?

Witchcraft isn't a Western innovation - but ignorance is...

How many Americans actually owned slaves?

Which industries did Africans specifically build? the cotton industry?

Witchcraft in Africa pre-dated colonization, I'm surprised a scholar like you didn't know that.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-11-2019, 10:15 PM
@Ollie

To answer your question, very few Americans owned slaves. According to census records, only 1.4% of Americans owned slaves at the height of slavery.

Free blacks actually owned black slaves at a much higher rate than whites.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
10-12-2019, 02:25 AM
(10-11-2019 08:37 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  How many Americans actually owned slaves?
Slavery was such an integral part of the American economy that a war was fought over it.

(10-11-2019 08:37 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Which industries did Africans specifically build? the cotton industry?
Finance builds economies and sound economies build industries. Slavery was and is very profitable for the capitalist.

(10-11-2019 08:37 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Witchcraft in Africa pre-dated colonization, I'm surprised a scholar like you didn't know that.
LOL. Why don't you explain to us exactly what kind of "witchcraft" existed in pre-colonial Africa. We're all ears...
10-12-2019, 10:41 AM
The myth that slaves "built" America has always amused me. The Industrial Revolution is what put America on the world stage, not Africans picking peanuts. World War II is what made America a super power.

Of the 10 to 15 million Africans who were transplanted to the Americas, only about 400,000 went to North America (which includes Canada), while all the others (tens of millions!) went to South America. If owning slaves was enough to make a nation as powerful as the United States, then Brazil and the rest of those third-world shitholes in South America would be super powerful nations instead of powerfully stupid nations.

Africa would also be a continent filled with super powers, as even today it is still the world's epicenter of slavery, with almost 10 million black Africans currently being enslaved by other black Africans. In fact, 38 of the 50 largest slave populations on earth are located on the African continent.

In the end, the argument is self-defeating. If America was built off black labor, and if all it takes to build an economic powerhouse is black labor, then why are sub-Saharan African countries still poor, third world shitholes even to this day? Those nations are filled with nothing but black laborers.

America was built on American innovation, not blacks picking cotton out in a field somewhere. Any wealth created by slavery was destroyed in the civil war. The confederate states were bankrupt after the civil war, with wheel barrows full of useless confederate dollars. It took decades to rebuild cities like Atlanta, who had seen most of their railroads, infrastructure, farms, and livestock completely wiped out. The entire economy of the South had to be rebuilt. Many southerners continued to live in poverty, even into the early 20th century.

10-12-2019, 11:05 AM
(10-12-2019 10:41 AM)Warlord Wrote:  The myth that slaves "built" America has always amused me. The Industrial Revolution is what put America on the world stage, not Africans picking peanuts. World War II is what made America a super power.
So then I guess then there was no United States of America prior to the Industrial Revolution. Who would have thought?!?

(10-12-2019 10:41 AM)Warlord Wrote:  Africa would also be a continent filled with super powers, as even today it is still the world's epicenter of slavery, with almost 10 million black Africans currently being enslaved by other black Africans. In fact, 38 of the 50 largest slave populations on earth are located on the African continent.
There is NO history of slavery anywhere on the African continent prior to the practice having been introduced by foreign intervention..

(10-12-2019 10:41 AM)Warlord Wrote:  In the end, the argument is self-defeating. If America was built off black labor, and if all it takes to build an economic powerhouse is black labor, then why are sub-Saharan African countries still poor, third world shitholes even to this day? Those nations are filled with nothing but black laborers.
Colonization is a wonderful thing - for the Colonizer...

(10-12-2019 10:41 AM)Warlord Wrote:  America was built on American innovation, not blacks picking cotton out in a field somewhere. Any wealth created by slavery was destroyed in the civil war. The confederate states were bankrupt after the civil war,
So then I guess then there was no United States of America prior to the Civil War. Who would have thought?!?
10-12-2019, 02:52 PM
(10-12-2019 11:05 AM)Nay_Sayer Wrote:  So then I guess then there was no United States of America prior to the Industrial Revolution. Who would have thought?!?

There was, but the United States wasn't an economic super power before the Industrial Revolution.

Quote:There is NO history of slavery anywhere on the African continent prior to the practice having been introduced by foreign intervention..

I'm afraid you are, as is your wont, once again completely wrong. Slavery existed in Ancient Egypt long before European colonials in the 16th century began to participate in the African Slave Trade.

Unless, of course, you want to argue with your own sources.

https://www.ancient.eu/article/933/daily...ent-egypt/

"The ancient Egyptian government used slave labor as every other ancient culture did..."

"Slaves in Egypt were either criminals, those who could not pay their debts, or captives from foreign military campaigns. These people were considered to have forfeited their freedoms either by their individual choices or by military conquest and so were forced to endure a quality of existence far below that of free Egyptians."

"The author of the Papyrus Lansing, Nebmare Nakht, claimed to live in grand style and to own land and slaves on par with a great king. This claim is no doubt true..."

"Royal women, for the most part, had slaves and servants who cared for the children and had no responsibility for cleaning or tending the home."

"Lower-class women, female slaves, and female servants are often shown wearing only a kilt through the New Kingdom period."

Slave market, with Nubian slaves waiting to be sold.

If you want to disparage your own sources, you are more than welcome to, but please keep in mind what you said to me in our previous discussion:

(10-08-2019 04:32 PM)Nay_Sayer Wrote:  If you're going to post articles from a certain website then you have own whatever else comes with it, Einstein.

Quote:So then I guess then there was no United States of America prior to the Civil War. Who would have thought?!?

There was, but it wasn't an economic super power prior to the Civil War.

10-12-2019, 05:49 PM
(10-12-2019 02:52 PM)Warlord Wrote:  I'm afraid you are, as is your wont, once again completely wrong. Slavery existed in Ancient Egypt long before European colonials in the 16th century began to participate in the African Slave Trade.

Unless, of course, you want to argue with your own sources.

https://www.ancient.eu/article/933/daily...ent-egypt/

So then we can agree that YHWH is a Canaanite deity?

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)