Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

B-Hop Mulls Over Fighting/Retirement;Talks About Ruining Pas
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Yup, I think Hopkins' approach to the fight would be similar to how he approached Jones II. Get the win, do nothing to impress.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:Yup, I think Hopkins' approach to the fight would be similar to how he approached Jones II. Get the win, do nothing to impress.
But who the fuck could blame him at nearly 50? Big Grin

Black
10-08-2012, 03:46 PM
I think if they were to fight, they should just make it a heavyweight fight, with no weight limit.

If Jones Jr could go up and fight Ruiz with no catchweight, and Toney could move up to fight Holyfield at no catchweight. Well Hopkins can go up to heavyweight and fight a small, but soft and fat blown up heavyweight well past his prime.
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Fitz Wrote:I think if they were to fight, they should just make it a heavyweight fight, with no weight limit.

If Jones Jr could go up and fight Ruiz with no catchweight, and Toney could move up to fight Holyfield at no catchweight. Well Hopkins can go up to heavyweight and fight a small, but soft and fat blown up heavyweight well past his prime.
Agreed. It would probably also give Toney licence to eat himself senseless which would make it even easier for Hopkins.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I think his decision right now is every fighters wet dream. To be in this position at his age. He's fucking G.O.A.T.
10-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know much about the offer Hopkins turned down to face Cleverly??

Despite his status & past accomplishments I think Hopkins will find it hard landing a fight he feels he deserves!!
10-09-2012, 03:14 AM
I think it would look funny as hell if the fight were at heavy and Toney came in at his customary 250 and Hops came in right around 185 like he always does.

Hopkins could literally win the fight with feints and jabs; Toney would be too slow to get anything done.
10-09-2012, 08:17 AM
I dont give a damn...just make it happen once and for all.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)