Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

WBA's new scoring system
10-16-2012, 10:48 AM
WBA's new scoring system
Absolutely. For starters though one thing you and I and everyone on this board can agree on is that something needs to be done about judging. In general it's just way too inconsistent and constitutes for probably 50% of the BS in the sport.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 12:35 PM
WBA's new scoring system
I agree, and it seems to be getting worse. Think of all the shitty decisions over the last one or two years...Pac-Marquez IV, Pac-Bradley, Williams-Lara...they're fast becoming the norm, and we don't want the public getting turned off from boxing.

Black
10-16-2012, 04:53 PM
WBA's new scoring system
I think judges should have a record just like a boxer. Their record would be amount of times their score card matched the majority compared to the amount of times it didn't match the majority.

Like in a fight if you have two judges that score a fight 116-112, but the third scores it 112-116 for the other guy, that should be a negative for the 3rd judge and a positive for the first 2 judges.

Or in a fight where all the judges score it for the same guy, they all get a positive.

I don't know, over time judges would compile a record just like a fighter, say 60-5 or whatever. And the judges that have better "records" of scoring fights accurately should be compensated better and be given opportunities to judge high profile fights.

Not saying that exact system should be used, but SOME sort of stat system could easily be implemented to help hold judges accountable.

Then have the sanctioning bodies only allow judges with 90% or better judge world title fights, for example.
10-17-2012, 05:44 AM
WBA's new scoring system
Just read something about judges starting to use electronic tablets to enter their scores rather than the conventional pencil and paper method. Supposedly it's supposed to assist in computing the scores quicker so the judges can better focus on the fight rather than tallying scores.

Not sure I see this helping at all - now they'll just see the score total actually get too wide and they'll chance using make up rounds more often. Good to see a change being made/something new tried out, but not sure it will serve it's intended purpose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Open Scoring MrFactor 20 12,622 04-27-2013 03:37 AM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)