Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Walters vs Marriaga, Wilder vs Molina cards
06-15-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: Walters vs Marriaga, Wilder vs Molina cards
If Walters couldn't make 126 this past weekend, why does anyone think he can make it next time? We should be talking about Walters at 130 now, not who he should face at feather next etc. If he could legitimately make 126 next time it means it didn't do all he could this time which makes him a shithead in my book. Let's talk Walters at 130 not who he should have at 126.

I didn't see the Wilder fight yet, but did see he came in 10 pounds heavier for this fight than he did against Stiverne last time out. That's good to see. If he does that 2 more times and gets himself to about 249 that's about where he should be with his frame.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Walters was sicc for a couple weeks and up until the fight, which is why he had trouble making weight. But I like him at 26.. He's a wreccing ball. 130 will be fun but I think he should do the Loma fight then move up next year.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Again, assuming he can still make 126. It's a gamble at this point. If he did get sick that's one thing, but if so it's a cold that cost him $40k.
06-16-2015, 06:38 AM
(06-15-2015 07:21 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  Verdejo is really good. I think he can be a P4P player for years to come. He's the total package... I would like to see him tighten up his defense a bit but other than that, the kid can really fight.

Walters showed a solid chin and the ability to grind out a tough victory, Marriaga was no cake walk. Between Verdejo, Waltes, and Loma; Arum has a solid trio whom will be among the best in the world very soon. I hope he doesn't let them "marinate" for too long.

Yep, and he has Crawford and Mikey Garcia (although he is letting him rot in the stands at the moment).

Top Rank and a bunch of smaller promotors like Hearn, K2 etc are really the only thing stopping Haymon from taking over at the moment. He has already basically taken out GBP, who only has a couple of decent fighters left on their books.
06-17-2015, 06:47 AM
Just watched Walters-Marriaga and enjoyed the fight. Marriaga was pretty solid and showed great head movement which he didn't do near enough and had a charging jab! I gave him 4 rounds or so.

Walters just keeps getting better in each fight he has, you can actually see the improvements from fight to fight.

Walters looked good, specially his body work.
06-17-2015, 10:31 AM
Marriaga reminded me of a more polished Mayorga.
06-18-2015, 07:18 AM
(06-17-2015 10:31 AM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  Marriaga reminded me of a more polished Mayorga.

I can kind of see that as far as the way they throw punches and their body shapes etc.
06-18-2015, 07:34 AM
This is one of the wins that I think will become very underrated. Marriaga will go on to have a solid career. I'm glad to see Walters in this type of fight. Word is Walters weighed in more than Verdejo on fight night and Verdejo fought at 135.
06-18-2015, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2015 10:54 AM by BrutalBodyShots.)
(06-18-2015 07:18 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  I can kind of see that as far as the way they throw punches and their body shapes etc.

Yup, and I think even their skin tones/faces are a bit similar because Columbia and Nicaragua are in the same neck of the woods.

(06-18-2015 07:34 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  This is one of the wins that I think will become very underrated. Marriaga will go on to have a solid career. I'm glad to see Walters in this type of fight. Word is Walters weighed in more than Verdejo on fight night and Verdejo fought at 135.

I think that's true and that being the case it will only make Walters' win look even more impressive.
06-19-2015, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 06:13 AM by and the NEW.)
(06-18-2015 07:34 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  This is one of the wins that I think will become very underrated. Marriaga will go on to have a solid career. I'm glad to see Walters in this type of fight. Word is Walters weighed in more than Verdejo on fight night and Verdejo fought at 135.

I hope so. I can see Marriaga disappearing into the abyss now. Despite having the skills, he just won't get the big fights. His motivation will fade, he will lose to some average fighter, and then his chance of getting big fights diminishes even further.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lomachenko vs Marriaga and the NEW 18 9,192 08-13-2017 01:53 AM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)