Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather/Bradley
10-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Mayweather/Bradley
I still dont see where it seemed Mayweather was losing his legs. I thought it was more of him wanting to sit in there and making an entertaining fight. Hell what do I know though... He's damn near shot I guess.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Mayweather/Bradley
and the NEW Wrote:I really hope we get Pac vs Mayweather next and then they both ride off into the sunset regardless. Because they have both lost a step. However, I think Pac is a guy who will fight well past his years and I see Floyd doing a Ray Leonard, and coming back way past his only to sustain a beating at the hands of an average joe.
I can see that especially the beating at the hands of a guy who could not carry his jock.
10-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Mayweather/Bradley
KingEugene Wrote:I still dont see where it seemed Mayweather was losing his legs. I thought it was more of him wanting to sit in there and making an entertaining fight. Hell what do I know though... He's damn near shot I guess.

I can see why some may say that..but I dont see it myself either. It's not like Mayweather is that old yet. It appears Mayweather has recenty chosen to fight recently (props) apposed to having no choice on using his legs.
10-16-2012, 04:36 AM
Mayweather/Bradley
Mayweather has not used his legs in a long time. I agree, he has been chosing to sit in the pocket more than previously, but I don't think he has the same footwork/movement that he did a few years ago! His footwork used to be rediculous. Even when he moves now, he looks slower.
10-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Mayweather/Bradley
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I always thought that Mayweather would get his first loss via brutal KO, similar to Jones against Tarver II (not counting Jones' DQ loss).

Jones/Mayweather are fast guys that rely heavily on their reflexes and coordination. Once Jones started to lose that, he got caught.

I think we're starting to see that a little with Mayweather, so it's just a matter of time before he gets caught by a puncher as well.
I actually think Roy and Mayweather are very different. Mayweather relies more on anticipation, timing and can also fight in the pocket. None of these things go so quickly with age. Roy on the other hand relied on pure athletacism, that is one of the quickest things to fade.

Mayweather has lost his footwork/movement to me but his still very sharp.
10-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Mayweather/Bradley
and the NEW Wrote:
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I always thought that Mayweather would get his first loss via brutal KO, similar to Jones against Tarver II (not counting Jones' DQ loss).

Jones/Mayweather are fast guys that rely heavily on their reflexes and coordination. Once Jones started to lose that, he got caught.

I think we're starting to see that a little with Mayweather, so it's just a matter of time before he gets caught by a puncher as well.
I actually think Roy and Mayweather are very different. Mayweather relies more on anticipation, timing and can also fight in the pocket. None of these things go so quickly with age. Roy on the other hand relied on pure athletacism, that is one of the quickest things to fade.

Mayweather has lost his footwork/movement to me but his still very sharp.
I agree with what you're saying, but the end result is the same. As Jones got older and his natural abilities diminished, he started getting caught more. Finally he got caught big and put out.

We've seen the same thing with Mayweather. He's been caught more recently than he was way back, because his natural abilities have subsided a hair. Eventually I feel he will get caught big and put out as well.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)