Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Is Ward in a good situation cleaning out 168?
10-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Maxy Wrote:And America....wake up...foreigners are taking over.
Some interesting stats on this Maxy.

In 1982, there were 72 fighters from the United States ranked in the Ring Magazines top 10 accross all divisions. That compares to 35 ranked in the magazines top 10 accross all divisions as at September 2012.

There were also 5 ring champions from the United States in 1982, which compares to 2 as at September 2012.

So the dominance of the United States is now less than half of what it used to be.

A mere 2 champions out of 17 divisions and a mere 35 top ten ranked fighters out of a total of 170 potential positions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2012, 08:17 AM
I wouldn't mind Ward-Kessler 2 or Ward-Froch 2.

Ward has virtually cleaned out the division....but he's done so with all the advantages stacked in his favour. Considering the 168 division has long been the domain of Europe's best, Ward should do a little travelling and make some defences.

Same as when Calzaghe was in the same position as Ward is now. He was ragged on for never leaving Britain, and rightfully so.

You're the WORLD champ....then go fight the world, and not just in your own back yard.

Black
10-22-2012, 12:33 PM
blackbelt2003 Wrote:I wouldn't mind Ward-Kessler 2 or Ward-Froch 2.

Ward has virtually cleaned out the division....but he's done so with all the advantages stacked in his favour. Considering the 168 division has long been the domain of Europe's best, Ward should do a little travelling and make some defences.

Same as when Calzaghe was in the same position as Ward is now. He was ragged on for never leaving Britain, and rightfully so.

You're the WORLD champ....then go fight the world, and not just in your own back yard.

Black
Yeah, totally agree with that.

People might misconstrue my negativity towards Ward as some kinda hatred or whatever but I definitely rate him very highly him as a fighter. Technically he's untouchable at 168 but going abroad and doing the business when everything ain't to your advantage, elevates a champion.

I doubt he'll ever box in Europe.
10-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Maxy Wrote:

Black

People might misconstrue my negativity towards Ward as some kinda hatred or whatever but I definitely rate him very highly him as a fighter. Technically he's untouchable at 168 but going abroad and doing the business when everything ain't to your advantage, elevates a champion.

Yeh I agree, same as Frankel in the horse racing.
10-26-2012, 05:26 AM
and the NEW Wrote:
Maxy Wrote:

Black

Too late, he retired
10-26-2012, 06:33 AM
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
and the NEW Wrote:
Maxy Wrote:

Black

Too late, he retired
Too late for Frankel, yeh. At least we got to see him race Cirrus, one of the better travellers and the best horse Frankel has faced (his far better than Excelebration, despite their equal timeform ranking).
10-26-2012, 08:50 AM
and the NEW Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
and the NEW Wrote:
Maxy Wrote:

Black

Too late, he retired
Too late for Frankel, yeh. At least we got to see him race Cirrus, one of the better travellers and the best horse Frankel has faced (his far better than Excelebration, despite their equal timeform ranking).
Iv already discovred you know more about horseracing than me! Frankel is an impressive beast tho.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  WBC cleaning up the sport ViperSniper 4 2,978 10-14-2016 11:00 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)