Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Donaire vs Arce/Rigondeaux vs Poonsawat?
11-01-2012, 04:43 AM
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/rumors/art...ngdaenggym

Quote: Top Rank is apparently working to finalize a deal for an HBO-televised Dec. 15 event featuring IBF and WBO junior featherweight titleholder Nonito Donaire against four-division titlewinner Jorge Arce, and WBA 122-pound beltholder Guillermo Rigondeaux opposite Thailand's former titleholder Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym.

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told RingTV.com during a recent interview that he had expected to announce a clash between Donaire (29-1, 18 knockouts) and Arce (61-6-2, 42 KOs) as early as Tuesday.

"A lot of things have been happening," said Arum. "The fight's going to happen and it's going to happen on Dec. 15."

According to a report by BoxingScene.com, the card is being considered for the Toyota Center in Houston, and Rigondeaux (10-0, 8 KOs) has agreed to face Kratingdaenggym (48-2, 33 KOs), a winner of seven straight bouts, four of them by stoppage, although the bout has not been finalized.

Donaire is coming off a ninth-round stoppage of Japan's Toshiaki Nishioka, whom he dropped twice on Oct. 13. Nishioka had not lost since losing a unanimous decision to long-reigning WBC bantamweight titleholder and Thai legend Veeraphol Sahaprom in March of 2004 -- a span of eight years and seven months.

Arce, 33, is coming off a unanimous decision over Mauricio Martinez that was contested in the featherweight division last month.

Rigondeaux, 32, is coming off last month's HBO Pay Per View-televised unanimous decision victory over Roberto Marroquin, and Kratingdaenggym, 31, last month's unanimous decision over Danilo Pena.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2012, 08:45 PM
I've always been an Arce fan, and Donaire is one of my favorite current growing fighters. Would be great to see Donaire's youth/athleticism against Arce's tenacity/experience.

Fun match up.
11-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Arce is getting stopped but I know he'll mark Donaire up before he does at least.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
11-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Donaire will win...but this a fight you can't really complain about.

Although I would like Arce back down at bantam where he can still crack.

Black
11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
BigG Wrote:Arce is getting stopped but I know he'll mark Donaire up before he does at least.

Nah. He'll get stopped in the early rounds........ without even touching Donaire.
11-08-2012, 06:26 AM
torvix2000 Wrote:
BigG Wrote:Arce is getting stopped but I know he'll mark Donaire up before he does at least.

Nah. He'll get stopped in the early rounds........ without even touching Donaire.
I can see that. Depends on which Arce shows up. The Arce that stopped Vazquez should give Donaire a good fight before getting stopped.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
11-09-2012, 07:15 AM
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Donaire will win...but this a fight you can't really complain about.

Although I would like Arce back down at bantam where he can still crack.

Black
I'd like to see this fight - and both of them - back at Bantam.

I think Donaire blows him out though. Vasquez was taylor made for Arce, who could walk through a jab, without much footwork or punch output coming at him. Donaire will blast him though.
11-09-2012, 09:56 PM
torvix2000 Wrote:Nah. He'll get stopped in the early rounds........ without even touching Donaire.
Agreed. This is the perfect fight for Donaire to recapture his mojo. Arce is a total warrior, his first fight with Hussein Hussein may be my favourite under card fight of all time. However there are a lot of miles on him these days, Donaire is too quick and too well schooled, my only fear is he may break his hands pounding on Arce's head.

Donaire by early to mid-round stoppage.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Donaire will win rather comfortably and probably stop him. Darchinyan absolutely obliterated him years ago. Arce will be brave, but Donaire will win this quite easily.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Donaire (A grade pro) vs Rigondeaux (2x Olympic Gold Medal jackal) and the NEW 131 87,930 04-22-2013 06:37 AM
Last Post: BigG
  Donaire vs Rigondeaux a done deal Fitz 24 15,150 02-24-2013 05:28 AM
Last Post: Spyder
  Donaire-Arce/Khan-Molina BigG 56 36,056 12-20-2012 11:52 PM
Last Post: Spyder

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)