Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mistakes inside the ring.
11-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Thinking of cases where boxers made mistakes in the ring that costed them one way or another. I'm talking about actions inside the ring, game plans & approaches that didn't help a fighter. Some may or may not have made a difference in the outcome.

Some that come to mind..

?Sugar Ray Leonard deciding to fight Duran's fight by fighting!

?Arturo Gatti being a limited brawler choosing to box against one of the best 'boxers' in Mayweather. What the hell was he thinking??

?Vernon Forrest feeling he had something to prove by banging away with Mayorga. Forrest like many others had no idea how crazy, how powerful & awkward Mayorga really was!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 09:35 PM
?Nate Campbell thinking it was a good idea to drop his hands against Robbie Pedan! What the fuck was he thinking??
11-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Michael Moorer moving to his left and staying right in front of George Foreman.

Hasim Rahman refusing to jab, at all, against Lennox Lewis in their rematch.

Oscar de la Hoya cruising in 10-12 against Felix Trinidad, under the assumption that the judges were competent.

George Foreman following Muhammad Ali to the ropes and fighting a very stupid fight.

Billy Conn refusing to outbox Joe Louis in the final rounds of their first meeting.

Razor Ruddock thinking he had Tommy Morrison on the way out, running into a left hook from hell.

Andrew Golota attempting to knock Riddick Bowe's testicles through the top of his head... for 16 rounds.

Ernie Terrell for pissing Muhammad Ali off.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2012, 09:57 PM
  • Golota low blowing Bowe
  • Danny Green vs Marcus Beyer I - Headbutting him intentionally and getting a DQ in a fight he was clearly dominating and going to win
  • Danny Green vs Marcus Beyer II - Changed his aggressive style from the first (which he was absolutely dominating in) to try and outbox Beyer. Green got outboxed for 11 rounds and in the 12th round, went back to the style that was winning him the first fight. Dropped him hard in the 12th and dominated him, but too little too late.
  • DLH deciding to coast in the last 3 rounds against Trinidad

11-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Freitas running a track meet vs Corrales.

Mike Jones opening up trying to impress vs Bailey.
11-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Too Tall Jones and Mark Gastineau lacing up the gloves.
11-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Hopkins vs Taylor II and Calzaghe - Hopkins isn't an idiot, he knows why he lost the first Taylor fight and why the judges didn't like his style (not saying the judges were right). Not busy enough and needed to take more risks.
In the rematch with Taylor, off memory, he was even less active and took less risks than in the first fight.
Surely going into the Calzaghe fight, he should have known about Calzaghe's workrate. He should have taken more risks and been busier in the Calzaghe fight as well.
His losses have all been very similar, he isn't dumb but when the scorecards are announced, he acts surprised. He should have known better than this IMO.
11-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Fitz Wrote:Hopkins vs Taylor II and Calzaghe - Hopkins isn't an idiot, he knows why he lost the first Taylor fight and why the judges didn't like his style (not saying the judges were right). Not busy enough and needed to take more risks.
In the rematch with Taylor, off memory, he was even less active and took less risks than in the first fight.
Surely going into the Calzaghe fight, he should have known about Calzaghe's workrate. He should have taken more risks and been busier in the Calzaghe fight as well.
His losses have all been very similar, he isn't dumb but when the scorecards are announced, he acts surprised. He should have known better than this IMO.

That's one thing that has always annoyed me about Hopkins is how he reacts when he losses. He has this absolute stunned look on his face like he doesn't know what's happening. Like he can't wrap it around his head how he actually didn't win. Then will be the first to go on about how the sport doesn't want him around.

Everytime you see the same look & hear the same thing from him. He just had 36 minutes to convince, yet spends just as much energy convincing with his facial expressions & suggestions of corruption to his defeats.
11-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Winky coasting in the 12th against Taylor because he thought he had the fight locked up.

Oscar getting his bicycle out against Tito.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-08-2012, 06:05 AM
ViperSniper Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:Hopkins vs Taylor II and Calzaghe - Hopkins isn't an idiot, he knows why he lost the first Taylor fight and why the judges didn't like his style (not saying the judges were right). Not busy enough and needed to take more risks.

That's one thing that has always annoyed me about Hopkins is how he reacts when he losses. He has this absolute stunned look on his face like he doesn't know what's happening. Like he can't wrap it around his head how he actually didn't win. Then will be the first to go on about how the sport doesn't want him around.

Everytime you see the same look & hear the same thing from him. He just had 36 minutes to convince, yet spends just as much energy convincing with his facial expressions & suggestions of corruption to his defeats.
I really thought Hopkins beat Calzaghe. I thought HBO was so pro Calzaghe especially with the compu box stats. Really HBO? 223 punches landed on BHOP that night.

The only fighter in recent years thats beaten Hopkins clearly was Dawson.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)