Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Lara vs Martirosyan
11-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Lara vs Martirosyan
and the NEW Wrote:The Cubans are turning out to be a disappointing bunch to me. Both Lara and Rigondeaux have a lot of talent, but both are so picky with their shots it starts to become boring. I can appreciate a good chess match, but not when both guys are just watching the board.
This has been my feeling towards the both and I have had high hopes for both of them as I rate what I see. But like you, I think they wait too much and mainly Rigondeaux, he looks for the same punch time and time again. He is looking predictable.

I think they both can be elite fighters and have the tools to do so, they just can't fall for that ugly style where they will be avoided and pushed out of boxing with judges going against them because of styles and the fans as well.
I think they have potential to be elite now, but mainly Lara, he seems to fight down to the level of opposition at times. I really like them and rate them, but don't like the direction they are heading in, based on recent performances.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Lara vs Martirosyan
Lara could be better than he is...he chooses to fight with a shitty style.

An elite fighter HANDLES Vanes without too much of a problem. Lara struggled because of the way he chooses to fight.
11-13-2012, 05:06 AM
Lara vs Martirosyan
Fitz Wrote:
and the NEW Wrote:The Cubans are turning out to be a disappointing bunch to me. Both Lara and Rigondeaux have a lot of talent, but both are so picky with their shots it starts to become boring. I can appreciate a good chess match, but not when both guys are just watching the board.
he looks for the same punch time and time again. He is looking predictable.

I find that even moreso with Lara. At least Rigo has a body attack and some flashy feet. Lara just seems to back up to create enough room to throw the left time and time again. A real disappointment. Even Gamboa appears to be going into his shell, happy to outpoint guys rather than try blasting them away like he used to. His still good to watch, but his lost that special something he had when he was more aggressive. He now just uses his boxing craft, even though his natural skills are not to be a crafty guy - he has the explosiveness to use more often than he does.
11-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Lara vs Martirosyan
Fuck Lara. What a golden opportunity he just wasted. Headlining on HBO against an undefeated yet very beatable fighter, with a mandatory shot against one of the biggest stars in the sport on the line, and he failed.

Couldn't even get the W against peckernose Vanes.
11-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Lara vs Martirosyan
Yeh he did blow a huge potential chance against Canelo. I really hope Martinez decides to fight Canelo now.
11-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Lara vs Martirosyan
Once again, I'm with Slim....time to dismiss Lara....he was incredibly dirty and fumbled the ball in the spotlight....there were a lot of bleeding hearts out there for him.

A shitty fight between two angry guys who were scared of each other?...lol...smh.

I used to think Lara might test El Saul, but not anymore....Canelo would blast both these guys out.
11-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Lara vs Martirosyan
SKULLSPLITTER Wrote:A shitty fight between two angry guys who were scared of each other?...lol...smh.
LMAO. Yep, that about sums it up.

No rematch please.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Martirosyan and Lara a done deal... JONdaCON 7 4,023 08-24-2012 10:39 AM
Last Post: BigG

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)