Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Edwin Valero-Adrian Broner
11-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Both fighting De Marco..this fight got me thinking. Like Broner, Valero was at one time a massive prospect who had big time power & never/have yet to reach their full potential. Both lack the experience, yet had the reputation & undefeated records to make this fight intriguing with both having one punch KO power between a boxer & a slugger!

On both their best nights who would have taken this fight between Broner & Valero?

I got Broner in an exciting one sided fight with a scare or two eventually takin a wide UD against the always overhyped Valero! The speed difference would be to great between the two.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Broner would have whipped him. Valero was shit (yes, I'm exaggerating a bit).
11-18-2012, 04:33 AM
haha, this is the exact thing I was thinking when watching the fight. I don't think I've seen enough of either at a decent level to decide.

Must admit though, Broner has improved a lot since his outing with Ponce. I thought that fight was a draw and Broner looked 'amateurish' (probably not the right word given how well schooled some amatuers are). His shots lacked good technique, he was flat footed and his defence was nothing to write home about.

He seems to have improved his punching technique now, his more sneaky with the right hand and he has improved his defence 10x fold after using his shoulder more (it obviously comes naturally to him). His still very flat footed though, but with his defence and power, is able to walk a guy down and stand in the pocket. He reminds me of an older Floyd, with more power but not as good defence or counter punching ability.
11-18-2012, 08:27 PM
I was never big on Valero and thought he had a lot to prove despite his eye candy record. Just as he started to stop up his competition his career ended so who knows if he would have continued to progress or get embarrassed by someone with superior skills in a few fights.

Broner has solid defense and a solid chin, so I don't think Valero would have gotten there. That said, Broner outclasses him.
11-18-2012, 08:36 PM
On the face of it this is easy, Broner. And that would be my prediction.

However, at the same time Valero had a one way ticket to crazy town and he was the sort of dude you would literally have to kill in the ring to stop him.

How would Broner deal with that kind of relentless pressure all night long? I would pick him to handle it, but it certainly would have been interesting to see.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-18-2012, 09:08 PM
It's another version of Mayweather vs Pac
11-18-2012, 09:44 PM
boxingcritic Wrote:It's another version of Mayweather vs Pac
Exactly......because the fight will never happen.
11-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Fitz Wrote:Exactly......because the fight will never happen.
Got it in one. I bet you hear lots of lame excuses from Maywea...........sorry Broner, like

"I can't fight Valero because he's dead."

However everyone knows that this is the type of fight that Valero would take from beyond the grave.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-18-2012, 11:05 PM
He would turn in his grave hearing a pathetic excuse like that....
11-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Fitz Wrote:He would turn in his grave hearing a pathetic excuse like that....
They would certainly want him to 'take the tess.' lol

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)