THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd (/showthread.php?tid=2959)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - blackbelt2003 - 03-04-2018 03:51 PM

Wilder is hard to beat because no fucker around at the moment has the right stuff to beat him. Admittedly, in another era anyone in the top ten would have it. But right now, at this moment, I can only think of AJ and a returning Klit who have it.

Some would bemoan the division for a lack of quality...but a few short years ago we had that quality in the Klitschko brothers and we then bemoaned a lack of excitement.

So I say let’s embrace what we have and be thankful for an era of excitement. Joshua vs Wilder is a fight to be genuinely excited about, regardless of how shitty they are, skill wise, compared to Ali-Frazier or Lewis-Holyfield. So let’s, for the time being, focus on the competitiveness of the era and not the steaming pile of turd that is the heavyweight division’s boxing talent.

PS I’m semi serious.

Black

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - TheTeddyBear - 03-04-2018 04:06 PM

Luis Ortiz is far more than average but he's also close to 50 some sources say. Which lets face it father time is undefeated.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - Warlord - 03-04-2018 05:01 PM

(03-04-2018 03:51 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Wilder is hard to beat because no fucker around at the moment has the right stuff to beat him. Admittedly, in another era anyone in the top ten would have it. But right now, at this moment, I can only think of AJ and a returning Klit who have it.

Some would bemoan the division for a lack of quality...but a few short years ago we had that quality in the Klitschko brothers and we then bemoaned a lack of excitement.

So I say let’s embrace what we have and be thankful for an era of excitement. Joshua vs Wilder is a fight to be genuinely excited about, regardless of how shitty they are, skill wise, compared to Ali-Frazier or Lewis-Holyfield. So let’s, for the time being, focus on the competitiveness of the era and not the steaming pile of turd that is the heavyweight division’s boxing talent.

PS I’m semi serious.

Black

Well, some of you bemoaned the division under the Klit brothers, but I certainly didn't. I always defended them and their runs. I said for years that the division would be shit when they were gone.

I like excitement as much as the next man, but when it comes to championship boxing, I'd like some measure of skill as well. Otherwise I could watch a Toughman contest.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JONdaCON - 03-04-2018 05:29 PM

So who were the 4 ppl who voted Ortiz by KO?

We know JD was one...lol

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - the ollie reed fan club - 03-04-2018 05:55 PM

(03-04-2018 04:06 PM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Luis Ortiz is far more than average but he's also close to 50 some sources say. Which lets face it father time is undefeated.

Agreed and I really do think you have to factor it into the value of Wilder's win. I to have read an interview with a Cuban teammate from the amateur days who swears black and blue that Ortiz is closer to 50 than 40 and when you take into account his physique and need for blood pressure medication you'd have to say there is some validity to that claim.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JD - 03-04-2018 06:22 PM

I actually didn’t vote LOL

But I’m not the slightest bit impressed by that garbage showing against a dude who takes blood pressure meds because he’s 56.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JONdaCON - 03-04-2018 08:53 PM

Ortiz would cause Joshua fits... stop it.

Ortiz is the most technically sound fighter in the division... Wilder can literally be on the opposite side of the spectrum(which some will argue he is) yet the guy is 40-0 with 39 KOs.

I really like what Wilder said in his post fight about his critics.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JD - 03-04-2018 09:13 PM

Wlad is far more technically sound than Early Bird Special Ortiz.

Ortiz is a southpaw. That’s what bothered Wilder...that and Wilder sucks.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JONdaCON - 03-04-2018 09:19 PM

Bullshit... Wlad is a straight up, 1, 2 combo, lean on the opponent till they fall over type guy.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JD - 03-04-2018 09:23 PM

Don’t forget the hook off of the jab.

Ortiz is jab, hope the opponent falls in, sneaky left...eat fiber, make sure the cpap machine is working...hold.