THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd (/showthread.php?tid=2959)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - Dickagon - 03-06-2018 04:14 AM

At one time he demanded a 50-50 split. DiBella also said Ortiz was a harder fight than Wlad, hard to take him seriously.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - ViperSniper - 03-06-2018 04:35 AM

De La Hoya seems to be reaching out to Deontay telling him to sign with Golden Boy for some real money! Hahaha

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - blackbelt2003 - 03-06-2018 06:26 AM

Right around the time Joshua won the title and made his first couple defences, I’d say 50/50 was fair.

Now that Joshua has solidified his status as the sport’s elite earner (or at least one of the top three), it seems only fair that Joshua gets the lion’s share of any pot.

Black

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JD - 03-06-2018 07:51 AM

Wilder wanted 50/50.

Wilder just made $2 mill in the biggest fight of his career in front of a non sellout in a 15k seat arena. Joshua just made $13 mill against a nobody in front of a sellout in an 80k seat arena.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JONdaCON - 03-06-2018 12:09 PM

Yea but if these 2 guys get in the ring it'll generate HUGE money for them... maybe not May-Pac but they easily could be looking at 100Mill.

You guys arent brand new, yall know contracts arent negotiated in the media... they've never had serious discussions and any good negotiator knows you start high and work your way to a legitimate compromise.

Saying you feel you deserve 50-50 isnt the same as demanding it and refusing to budge..

Wilder holds the WBC, the most important.. he's the longest reigning Champ in the division.. he's 40-0 with 39KOs and there isnt a single fighter who has survived 12 rounds..

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JD - 03-06-2018 12:46 PM

Except Stiverne.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JONdaCON - 03-06-2018 12:52 PM

He KOd Stiverne in the rematch.. so again, not a single FIGHTER has lasted 12.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JD - 03-06-2018 01:00 PM

Hmmmmm...I think you want to fix your wording.

“Not a single fighter has lasted 12!!!!”

“Stiverne lasted 12!”

One of these statements is true.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - the ollie reed fan club - 03-06-2018 04:24 PM

(03-06-2018 12:09 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Yea but if these 2 guys get in the ring it'll generate HUGE money for them... maybe not May-Pac but they easily could be looking at 100Mill.

You guys arent brand new, yall know contracts arent negotiated in the media... they've never had serious discussions and any good negotiator knows you start high and work your way to a legitimate compromise.

Saying you feel you deserve 50-50 isnt the same as demanding it and refusing to budge..

Wilder holds the WBC, the most important.. he's the longest reigning Champ in the division.. he's 40-0 with 39KOs and there isnt a single fighter who has survived 12 rounds..

If Joshua beats Joe he will hold 3 of the 4 major belts. he is the only guy making it rain right now in the HW and it's a distance that isn't even close. The rest is just noise.

Wilder needs to accept 35% similar to what Joe is doing, make a huge payday, get that rematch clause in place, and if he wins as you are so confident of him doing he makes the lionshare in the rematch. If Wilder asks for 50% or even 45% he is simply pricing himself out of the fight.

RE: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz set for March 3rd - JONdaCON - 03-06-2018 04:35 PM

Stiverne also didnt last 1..

Both of those statements are true JD, but my statement was talking in terms of the individual fighters, not the individual fights.

I completely agree Ollie.. but i honestly dont think Wilder is pricing himself out... i think he's starting at 50-50 to get a better share then someone like Joe is getting, which i think we can agree Wilder probably deserves a little more then Joe... i think 55-45 or 60-40 in AJs favor is fair. 65-35 would he too much imo.

What do you guys think would be a fair split?