THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY
Fury v Usyk - Printable Version

+- THE SOCIAL UNDERGROUND COMMUNITY (https://www.socialunderground.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Boxing (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Boxing Unfiltered (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Fury v Usyk (/showthread.php?tid=4098)

Pages: 1 2

Fury v Usyk - lloyd mayflower - 11-17-2023 10:00 AM

The performative bullshit at the pressers has begun, so let's assume that for now, we actually are going to see this fight.

I have always said that Fury is too big, and the skills gap in Usyks favour is reasonable, but not big enough to overcome the size gap. Fury doesn't really gas which is a skill of Usyks. He gasses guys by moving them around. Tyson has a decent tank but also will be able to lean on and smother Usyk.

Fury looked like dogs dogshit v Ngannou, but I don't buy that he took that seriously. I don't feel its particularly relevant.

Does anyone see it differently?

Il.be rooting hard for Usyk btw. P4P he's miles ahead of anyone Fury has faced

RE: Fury v Usyk - Warlord - 11-17-2023 08:14 PM

(11-17-2023 10:00 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  The performative bullshit at the pressers has begun, so let's assume that for now, we actually are going to see this fight.

I have always said that Fury is too big, and the skills gap in Usyks favour is reasonable, but not big enough to overcome the size gap. Fury doesn't really gas which is a skill of Usyks. He gasses guys by moving them around. Tyson has a decent tank but also will be able to lean on and smother Usyk.

Fury looked like dogs dogshit v Ngannou, but I don't buy that he took that seriously. I don't feel its particularly relevant.

Does anyone see it differently?

Il.be rooting hard for Usyk btw. P4P he's miles ahead of anyone Fury has faced
I still say the only one who can beat Tyson Fury is Tyson Fury. If he shows up out of shape he’ll get dethroned. But the thing about Tyson is he always fights down or up to his opponent. I favor him over Usyk, unless he comes in out of shape and unmotivated again.

The only X-factor is his age. 35 is a death knell for most fighters. It’s possible he comes in and gets old overnight and gets beat to the punch all night long. I’m picking Fury, but not confidently like I did against Deontard.

RE: Fury v Usyk - the ollie reed fan club - 11-18-2023 01:54 AM

(11-17-2023 08:14 PM)Warlord Wrote:  I still say the only one who can beat Tyson Fury is Tyson Fury. If he shows up out of shape he’ll get dethroned. But the thing about Tyson is he always fights down or up to his opponent. I favor him over Usyk, unless he comes in out of shape and unmotivated again.

The only X-factor is his age. 35 is a death knell for most fighters. It’s possible he comes in and gets old overnight and gets beat to the punch all night long. I’m picking Fury, but not confidently like I did against Deontard.

Agreed, Fury has a history of looking shite with lesser fighters but lifting for the big ones. It's an interesting fight.

RE: Fury v Usyk - salvador - 01-29-2024 04:36 AM

Fury at -138 is one of the more interesting bets in a while.

If Fury comes in in shape and hungry, he'll have a hard time losing. But what are the chances of that?

Losing money because someone gets caught with a good shot is one thing. But losing money because a big fat rich guy didn't have the drive to train properly is a different kind of loss.

RE: Fury v Usyk - Snoop - 02-04-2024 01:12 PM

RE: Fury v Usyk - Snoop - 02-05-2024 04:03 PM

Fight postponed til May 18th due to Fury suffering cut in sparring.

RE: Fury v Usyk - the ollie reed fan club - 02-07-2024 03:21 AM

Cut looked legit.

RE: Fury v Usyk - salvador - Yesterday 07:56 PM

That was a close fight and I'm sure there'll be a rematch. I'm also sure Fury will do more holding and wearing Usyk out early in it.

I'm surprised Usyk didn't go for the ko in the 9th.

Mostly I'm thrilled for Ukraine. Hopefully this gives them some juice to kill more Russians!

RE: Fury v Usyk - Snoop - Today 01:33 AM

Man, I gotta respectfully disagree there Sal. That fight was nowhere near close. At best, I could see 7-5 for Usyk, but he also had the 10-8 round so that widens the gap. I was shocked when I heard one card read for Fury and that one judge had it a draw had it not been for the KD.

It was a fun fight though. I thought Fury was toying with Usyk in the middle of the fight and was waiting when he wanted to go for the kill, then he just stopped and got lit up. Plenty of drama for sure.

I can't stand Fury but the man is hilarious - showing up to the ring with his shorts hiked up to his chest with them skinny-ass Deontay Wilder legs, then walking out of the arena in his boxer briefs. Entertaining to say the least.

RE: Fury v Usyk - BrutalBodyShots - Today 01:59 AM

Glad to see the hobo take the L tonight. I'm tired of the guy. Have been for a while now.