Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Saul Alvarez vs Austin Trout - The Future of Boxing Starts Now!
04-22-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: Saul Alvarez vs Austin Trout - The Future of Boxing Starts Now!
(04-22-2013 09:11 PM)JD Wrote:  Golovkin would stop him.

Martinez came out and said he took one 0 and now he is ready to take Canelo's.

Why won't he take the "0" that's in his fucking weight class? There's a couple of them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2013, 10:17 PM
(04-22-2013 10:12 PM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  

Why won't he take the "0" that's in his fucking weight class? There's a couple of them.

Martinez doesn't have much left being 37. After having a very long journey to the top would like to have some big pay days! No one at middleweight brings the credentials or money like Mayweather, Pacquiao or Canelo!
04-23-2013, 03:45 AM
(04-22-2013 10:17 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  

Martinez doesn't have much left being 37. After having a very long journey to the top would like to have some big pay days! No one at middleweight brings the credentials or money like Mayweather, Pacquiao or Canelo!

Martinez has had like, 3 genuine world title fights with another two or three 'unofficial' championship fights in between. He's in no position to be calling out any fighter he likes when there are plenty of middleweights he's got to deal with. This isn't Bernard Hopkins unifying the division and making umpteen defences then calling out De La Hoya. Martinez is still a baby compared to Hops' title reign and should be looking at Geale and Golovkin first.

Black
04-23-2013, 04:03 AM
Let's face it Martinez is fucked.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-23-2013, 07:09 AM

I would love to see Martinez - Golovkin, and I tend to think we will if neither lose over the next year. I think he is clearly trying to create some sort of buzz for the biggest fights he can get at the age of 37 after a career that mostly saw him toil in anonymity.
04-23-2013, 08:12 AM
(04-22-2013 08:40 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 08:19 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  Canelo is getting better and I think that was a good win on Saturday... I don't think he's ready for Floyd yet... No need to rush it!

I think next May would be a good date. Floyd will be older and Canelo would be better.

Canelo should pick up another strap in the meantime.

I think with each passing month it gets better for him vs Floyd, so if I was him I'd put it off another year or so.

In the meantime, how about Miguel Cotto? I still think that would make a terrific fight despite Cotto losing to Trout. Or there's Ishe Smith who could put the IBF strap in the mix?

Black

I wish Miguel would drop back to Welter. There are so many good fighters there and he can fight any - he is not with one promotor.

He could fight Bradley, Marquez, Guerrero, Provodnikov, Alexander, Berto, Ortiz, Thurman and potentially guys like Brook or Broner. WTF is he doing up with the likes of Trout and Canelo.

Canelo on the other hand, should look to clean out 154. Take on Lara, Molina, Kirkland. Then move up and take on GGG, who may have cleaned out MW by then.
04-23-2013, 09:09 AM
I would love to see Cotto-Canelo!!! That would be a great fucking fight. Styles make fights my friends... and all that Non-Activity Canelo showed in the Trout fight would bite him in the ass with Cotto.

I say make it happen!!!
04-23-2013, 09:47 AM
I would have loved to see the Joel Julio version of Kirkland against Canelo.
04-23-2013, 08:16 PM
(04-22-2013 10:05 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 04:37 PM)gravytrain Wrote:  i think it'd be like a RJJ knockout if him and GGG fought.

anybody notice how weird Trout punches and how bad his footwork is? footwork is like a poor man's Kenny Norton, his punching is all fucked up. he doesn't even move his lower body when he punches and sometimes he lost his balance just punching. his size advantage helped him out a lot against Cotto

Yup! I picked up on that too!! Although Trout may have skills & get around the ring, he has some pretty bad footwork.

No balance whatsoever! Had he sat on his punches better & do it a little more frequently the fight would have been alot easier for him! The guy is loosing alot from his shot by being off place, off balance & being uncoordinated when he does throw!

somebody calling the fight said his knees buckled from getting hit by Canelo but it's just him being so off balance lol
04-23-2013, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 10:36 PM by ViperSniper.)
(04-23-2013 03:45 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 10:17 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  

Martinez has had like, 3 genuine world title fights with another two or three 'unofficial' championship fights in between. He's in no position to be calling out any fighter he likes when there are plenty of middleweights he's got to deal with. This isn't Bernard Hopkins unifying the division and making umpteen defences then calling out De La Hoya. Martinez is still a baby compared to Hops' title reign and should be looking at Geale and Golovkin first.

Black

It's not like Martinez is some paper champion or a fighter that holds a strap! The guy IS the Middleweight king! No question!

The guy may not be in any position to call out whoever due to his name not having the same pull as some of the cashcows. That however does not mean he isnt worthy of any of the guys his called out. The guy isnt sitting around doing nothing, the guy has fought solid to good competition, looking great!!

He may have not be in a position to call out any fighter but has every right to & would be deserving to land a big fight!!

(04-23-2013 08:16 PM)gravytrain Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 10:05 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  
(04-22-2013 04:37 PM)gravytrain Wrote:  i think it'd be like a RJJ knockout if him and GGG fought.

anybody notice how weird Trout punches and how bad his footwork is? footwork is like a poor man's Kenny Norton, his punching is all fucked up. he doesn't even move his lower body when he punches and sometimes he lost his balance just punching. his size advantage helped him out a lot against Cotto

Yup! I picked up on that too!! Although Trout may have skills & get around the ring, he has some pretty bad footwork.

No balance whatsoever! Had he sat on his punches better & do it a little more frequently the fight would have been alot easier for him! The guy is loosing alot from his shot by being off place, off balance & being uncoordinated when he does throw!

somebody calling the fight said his knees buckled from getting hit by Canelo but it's just him being so off balance lol

Maybe he was attempting to do Augustus's drunken style fighting?? Then again, it could have been through his knees being buckled for 12 rounds?? :lol:

The turning point in the fight for me was seeing Canelo land a GREAT jab on Trout (in the 5th?) that DID buckle him & was one of the best shots of the fight!

After that, doubt stepped in with Trout & confidence went up for Canelo knowing that only stepping in with a jab can cause some damage! Trout needed to land something big after the jab & knockdown to give Canelo something to think about, but could have, had he had his feet placed better when he did throw!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Austin Trout TheTeddyBear 5 443 02-02-2020 04:59 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear
  Saul Alvarez back at HBO. Mean Mister Mustard 119 88,915 12-30-2014 11:48 PM
Last Post: torvix2000
  Is Alvarez/Trout worthy of the trip? BGv4.0 9 6,711 03-16-2013 11:25 AM
Last Post: damarvelous1

User(s) browsing this thread: