Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather vs. Maidana 2
07-01-2014, 02:43 PM
RE: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2
I wouldn't say it's the worst Mayweather, Black. He didn't do anything he hasn't done before. He didn't make the Hatton fight more entertaining by letting Hatton push him to the ropes, he gets backed up easy. Whenever Maidana kept pressure on him he had nothing. He couldn't answer that overhand right either. I think the biggest change in a rematch will be trying to drain him and getting a ref that'll create distance for Mayweather.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 06:12 PM by Snoop.)
IMO it's the right thing to do in this situation

(07-01-2014 10:11 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Got to be honest, I dont particularly want to see it

Perfectly understandable, just know that you gave up your card to criticize him on "being afraid" of a rematch should this thing fall apart again (though you could call him out for reneging on his word if it turns out to be his fault). I got my issues with Mayweather, but there is some truth in what he says about fans slamming him for one thing, if not the other. There are a lot of double-standards when it comes to Mayweather critics.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 06:14 PM
That's the problem. Oscar could have got a gift, Canelo could've got a gift. Maidana is going to get fucked more than he did already.
07-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Snoop, I didnt want to see the first one, was glad to see Maidana give it a proper good go and its a shame he couldnt just sneak it. I dont think Floyd is afraid if him I think Floyd will be happy to go again with Maidana. But like I say, it just doesnt light a fire for me.
07-01-2014, 07:00 PM
(07-01-2014 06:26 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Snoop, I didnt want to see the first one, was glad to see Maidana give it a proper good go and its a shame he couldnt just sneak it. I dont think Floyd is afraid if him I think Floyd will be happy to go again with Maidana. But like I say, it just doesnt light a fire for me.

Nah man, all good. I'm not talking about you specifically, just using you as a launching point for a larger theme. No disrespect, brother.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Its ok I knew where u were coming from. I just find this fight kind of boring really. Someone said we seen the best Maidana against the worst Floyd. Thats kind of how I see it I suppose. Certains fighters and certains fights, you only get one bite at the cherry. I feel thats the case here for Maidana. I cant go much better for him, and he didnt get the win.
07-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Not overly excited for this fight but it is what it is... I though the first fight was competitive but a clear win for Mayweather (I scored 117-111). Floyd will likely win a wide UD. What's intriguing about this fight however, is that it may take place in Brooklyn (Which I Will go too) as Mayweather Promotions are finalizing their Licensing with New York.

Throw Porter-Brook, Thurman-Matthysse and Love Vs TBA and you have a blockbuster card!

(The Love-TBA comment is sarcasm. I would watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before I'd watch JLeon Love)
07-01-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't see much that Maidana can do better in the rematch other than committing to the jab more. Everything else I felt he did just about as good as he could do in the original.

Mayweather on the other hand, if he's able to at this stage, can stay away from Maidana and limit the amount of time he spends on the ropes where he took the most damage and gave away points (and rounds) to Maidana. Assuming his legs are capable of moving for 36 minutes still he would certainly have the ability to win a wide UD against Maidana in the rematch. If he's not able to stay away, or chooses to engage and back up to the ropes like in the first fight, he obviously gives Maidana chances to land big shots and pick up points and rounds. Regardless, I don't see Maidana winning more rounds than Mayweather. Maidana's only real chance (outside of Mayweather getting old over night) is to land something huge and clean that allows him to stop Mayweather or if he were to score multiple knock downs which I don't see happening.

I fully expect to see the best Mayweather we've seen come into the ring considering he had a rough and close fight the first time around. I'm sure he's studied their first fight a million times at this point and will come in immensely focused and give himself the best chance to not only win, but win extremely convincingly... be it by stoppage (likely coming from a body assault) or a very wide decision.
07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Floyd will win the rematch comfortably. I haven't watched the first fight since, but I get the impression that I will see it a lot clearer for Mayweather the 2nd time around.
I also think Mayweather probably tried to stand in front of Maidana and allowed him to have some of that success.
I don't think Mayweather will allow the rematch to have clouds over whether he won or not. We will see.
The first fight was close enough to warrant a rematch, and I wasn't expecting the first fight to be competitive, so who knows. Hopefully I get surprised a second time as well.
07-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I don't know, Fitz. I think it's round 4 that Floyd did nothing but run and try to tie Maidana up. I wouldn't buy into his bullshit. Why let it be so close for the fans? Why take unnecessary punishment when he's passed up fights for his health? He could've gave the fans that kind of fight against Pac and he'd have made a lot more money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayweather Maidana 2 boxingcritic 312 213,786 09-24-2014 12:02 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER GIVES MARCOS MAIDANA A BOXING LESSON Method 13 10,552 09-15-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  USA vs Argentina (Mayweather, Broner vs Maidana, Matthysse) Fitz 41 30,974 07-18-2014 06:49 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: