Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
12-06-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
ps1 and ps2 without a doubt. also marvel and spawn action figures... todd mcfarlene also made the sickest action figures. also wen i use to skateboard my friend got me one all the parts blind brand. was fuckin stoked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2014, 04:44 AM
RE: It's Christmas....what is your favorite memory of the best toys you ever got?
I loved my wrestling ring and figures but not much could beat the run of NES, then mega drive then PS1. Man I used to love christmas. Still do really.
12-07-2014, 05:51 AM
(12-06-2014 09:39 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Great thread. Some of my fav Christmas presents over the years were these..

+

That is awesome, I remember that batman car. Though I also remember the Mega Drive and playing a lot of that Street Fighter together.
I also remember in about 1991, when we got Talespin on NES and I got a crash test dummie figure.

Also, some of these I remember:

12-07-2014, 06:01 AM
One of the best things about being a parent is that you get to relive your childhood again. Christmas is no different. I get nostalgic seeing my daughter react to toys that she absolutely loves. Granted, I have more than my parents did at my age so she doesn't have those long spells between new toys that I had. But she still has her favorites.

Her are some of mine...

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2014, 06:05 AM
I remember when I used to play cricket, and how happy I was when I got some new cricket pads when I was 12.
12-07-2014, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2014 02:16 PM by ViperSniper.)
(12-07-2014 05:51 AM)Fitz Wrote:  [quote='ViperSniper' pid='52486' dateline='1417916370']

That is awesome, I remember that batman car. Though I also remember the Mega Drive and playing a lot of that Street Fighter together.
I also remember in about 1991, when we got Talespin on NES and I got a crash test dummie figure.

Also, some of these I remember:

I struggled to find those TMNT movie toys! They are right up there for me.

You forgot one of your toys in the late 80's that I tried to claim over the years. It had alot of gadgets Tongue

Also I gotta add these. Mighty Max's were bad ass!!

Here's Tale Spin. One of my fav games..hours of fun.
12-07-2014, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2014 11:37 PM by Method.)
My Sears catalogues (and then later, BEST catalogues) had "dog ears" every 5-10 pages.

Can't say what gifts stood out or not, as my parents (moreso my father) used to give me big gifts randomly throught the year (depending on want/need coupled with deserved/worked for).

There were some years growing up where money was tight and gifts were scant. There were other years where my dad used to keep us out of school on a random December day and take us to the mall and let us pick out our gifts.

I guess that's the one Christmas I remember the most - he kept us home from school. Took us to the bank with him were he proceeded to w/draw ~ $1,000 cash (not that big a deal, I know, but back in the late '70's/early 80's to a little kid I thought it was), and then took us to the mall and let us go from store to store picking out our shit. There were Colecovision, Tyco Race Tracks, video games to go with it, etc etc. I kinda forgot about it until I started writing this. I guess that's the Christmas that sticks out the most to me.

I remember one year wher money was tight. Me and my brother got one gift each - this RC controlled Audi car from Radio Shack. It was like $60 each. I don't think we got much else of anything. And we didn't have stockings that year. Instead, they filled up our moonboots w stuff.

To this day, we still refer to it as "Moonboot Christmas".

We woke up at like 5 am and were out in the freezing Philly cold playing w those RC cars. I remember my old man coming outside in his underwear screaming/cursing at us to get inside and go back to bed.

Fun times.
12-07-2014, 03:42 PM
My best toy memories are probably these exact items. When i got them i just felt like i won.

12-07-2014, 05:00 PM
My mum always used to tell me when I was little one Christmas all I wanted was a digger with a whapper. To this day no one including myself knows what a whapper was. Apparently tho, she found a digger with what must have qualified as a whapper because I was over the moon with said digger.

Simpler times.....
12-07-2014, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2014 11:39 PM by Method.)
Six million dollar man was one of my first "heroes"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)