England Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: Cricket World Cup
Hahhaha
03-15-2015, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015 06:59 PM by and the NEW.)
Australia and India are the big standouts for me - although they will likely meet in the semi final. I think New Zealand peaked too early. South Africa have looked shaky and Sri Lanka just don't have the depth. I don't see the Windies, Bangladesh or Pakistan in the mix.

But that England vs New Zealand game was painful even to look at the score! Chased down in 12.2 overs, hahaha.
03-15-2015, 08:44 PM
(03-15-2015 06:58 PM)and the NEW Wrote:  Australia and India are the big standouts for me - although they will likely meet in the semi final. I think New Zealand peaked too early. South Africa have looked shaky and Sri Lanka just don't have the depth. I don't see the Windies, Bangladesh or Pakistan in the mix.

But that England vs New Zealand game was painful even to look at the score! Chased down in 12.2 overs, hahaha.

Painful for who? Certainly not me! I enjoyed our 1 wicket demolition of the Aussie's too lol

Fuck India I don't see them winning 3 knockout games in a row. It's tough to say this but it really is Aussie's to lose.

Joke:

Children in a Dublin school give a presentation on their parent's occupation. One of them silences the class by telling them his father is a drag act and stripper in a gay nightclub. Afterwards, the teacher commends the child on his bravery, but he replies, 'sorry, I had to make something up. He actually captains the English cricket team.' Boom, boom.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-15-2015, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015 09:00 PM by and the NEW.)
Painful for anybody who is not a Kiwi! I love to see England get burned, but that was just a total collapse, and McCallum coming out and hitting 77 off 25 balls rubbed salt into the wounds - incredible!

1 wicket demolition, haha, now that is a great oxymoron! It did appear it was going to be an England-like spanking, but the NZ batting order isn't always consistent and Australia has some real star quality bowlers! Starc seems to have already taken over as the new elite bowler of the line-up!

India don't have great bowlers, but they definitely have an incredible batting line-up! They are always going to post a decent number of runs whether opening or chasing!
03-15-2015, 11:17 PM
(03-15-2015 08:59 PM)and the NEW Wrote:  Painful for anybody who is not a Kiwi! I love to see England get burned, but that was just a total collapse, and McCallum coming out and hitting 77 off 25 balls rubbed salt into the wounds - incredible!

1 wicket demolition, haha, now that is a great oxymoron! It did appear it was going to be an England-like spanking, but the NZ batting order isn't always consistent and Australia has some real star quality bowlers! Starc seems to have already taken over as the new elite bowler of the line-up!

India don't have great bowlers, but they definitely have an incredible batting line-up! They are always going to post a decent number of runs whether opening or chasing!

Pretty much agreed.

The England game after we rolled them and it was pretty much a done deal i was all set to go to the gym for an hour but I thought to myself 'maybe I'll just wait and see what sort of mood McCullum is in today.' Turns out I didn't go to the gym. lol

But if you look at One Day Cricket at the moment that team that will win are the team that are able to take wickets consistently. This is why India is no chance IMHO and oz have to be favorites because of Starc and Co. NZ stand a shot because although their batting can be wobbly they have the attack to bowl the opposition out. For us it will depend on whether Taylor and Anderson can hit some form with the bat to compliment Williamson and B-Mac. SA haven't been great against the top teams so far but if Steyn or Morkel have one of their days they are dangerous too.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-16-2015, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 12:17 AM by and the NEW.)
The thing I have noticed that has changed the most about one day cricket is the power hitting! The rise of 20/20 has completely changed the game. I remember the days where if you made 300, 90 per cent of the time you would defend it! Now that number is 350+!

This is where I think India could struggle. India don't have the capacity to hit a 400 type of score. It happened to them in the tri-series prior to the world cup. They hit a very respectable total against Australia, but then got hunted down at the end by the huge hitting Australian middle order. This is where New Zealand is similar to Australia. Neither have a player like De Villiers, but with B-Mac, Anderson and Ronchi, you just never know where their score total can end up (similar to Maxwell and Faulkner for Australia).

If either Australia or New Zealand are firing, they can hit other teams off the ground, only perhaps South African could compete with Miller and De Villiers.

But on the other hand, New Zealand and Australia are more likely to collapse than India, with the likes of Kohli, Donhi and Dhawan, all of who make huge totals consistently.

But Australia does have an advantage of depth. It can bat down to 8, whereas South African can only bat down to 6 because they lack the all-rounders, so they need to play 5 bowlers. New Zealand can bat down to 7 (same as India), but Australia (Smith, Warner, Clarke) has more consistency in its order IMO than New Zealand (Taylor, Williamson).

(03-15-2015 11:17 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Pretty much agreed.

The England game after we rolled them and it was pretty much a done deal i was all set to go to the gym for an hour but I thought to myself 'maybe I'll just wait and see what sort of mood McCullum is in today.' Turns out I didn't go to the gym. lol

lol
03-24-2015, 06:56 AM
Well we are through to the World Cup final in what is one of the most unbelievable games of knockout cricket that I have ever seen. That shit was immense. Tough luck to the Saffies who were very classy in defeat.

03-24-2015, 07:40 AM
what the fuck is cricket

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
03-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Is the game America dumbed down to the N'th degree then called it baseball

User(s) browsing this thread: