Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Donovan “Razor” Ruddock set for shock ring return
04-01-2015, 06:33 AM
RE: Donovan “Razor” Ruddock set for shock ring return
For a 51 year old being on the shelf for over a decade, he moved really well!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Are we really looking for something positive to say?

He sucked. It's basically that simple. He would not beat any heavyweight who could put a handful of punches together without gassing by the 4th round.
04-01-2015, 08:14 AM
I think it's just looking at him as a 51 year old period, not a freak of nature like Hopkins.
04-02-2015, 01:15 AM
(04-01-2015 08:02 AM)JD Wrote:  Are we really looking for something positive to say?

He sucked. It's basically that simple. He would not beat any heavyweight who could put a handful of punches together without gassing by the 4th round.

Come on now....NOBODY has said this is his second coming. It's like Fitz said....for what it is...a 51 year old with a journeyman level guy...I think "he sucked"....is pretty harsh.

I'd rather watch that two punch combo he put together that ended things than the slob fest I saw 2 weeks ago with Arreola and the other fatass....

At the very least Rudduck has a valid excuse for being slow, and sluggish.....cant say that for the other guys!
04-02-2015, 02:14 AM
JD is just nipping this shit in the bud before BG starts calling for Razor to get the next crack at Wlad's title.
04-02-2015, 02:15 AM
RUDDOCK-KLITSCHKO! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04-02-2015, 04:23 AM
Well....I know I've argued in favor of a Klit/Briggs match. But this is a different story. I'd be reluctant to put 50+ YO guys in with just about anybody much less Wlad. I would not even want to see Wlad fighting at that age.

But Briggs at 40+ and active....I still would of liked to see him at MSG than the guy they have lined up for Wlad.

so....you don't have to worry about me screaming for a Wlad/Rudduck fight anytime.
04-02-2015, 04:35 AM
Ruddock is one of those top level 90's fighters who didn't get a world title shot.

Him, Tommy Morrison and Ray Mercer would have been championship material in the last decade. Hell, if John Ruiz, Hasim Rahman and Chris Byrd were all champions, Ruddock, Morrison and Mercer would have been GREATS in comparison.

But in that talent-laden 90's, they didn't even get a world title shot. Shame.

Black
04-02-2015, 05:11 AM
(04-02-2015 04:35 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Ruddock is one of those top level 90's fighters who didn't get a world title shot.

Him, Tommy Morrison and Ray Mercer would have been championship material in the last decade. Hell, if John Ruiz, Hasim Rahman and Chris Byrd were all champions, Ruddock, Morrison and Mercer would have been GREATS in comparison.

But in that talent-laden 90's, they didn't even get a world title shot. Shame.

Black

Man I feel ashamed to admit I didn't appreciate the 90's HW scene enough when it was happening.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-02-2015, 06:55 AM
(04-02-2015 01:15 AM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  Come on now....NOBODY has said this is his second coming. It's like Fitz said....for what it is...a 51 year old with a journeyman level guy...I think "he sucked"....is pretty harsh.

I'd rather watch that two punch combo he put together that ended things than the slob fest I saw 2 weeks ago with Arreola and the other fatass....

At the very least Rudduck has a valid excuse for being slow, and sluggish.....cant say that for the other guys!

Of course no one has said that...because it was utter shit.

I liked Ruddock...when he was 26 and beheading Michael Dokes.

Now he is 51, fat, clumsy, can't pull the trigger and he doesn't belong anywhere near a professional boxing ring. For the average Joe Schmuck he is in fine shape, and that is a very nice little accomplishment at this stage of his life.

But now he should cut the shit and go do something else with his time. In the end, we can only measure these guys against those that matter in the division, unless they will make for some insanely entertaining fights and it doesn't matter as much - he will come up dreadfully short in both cases.

So for the sake of Internet bandwidth everywhere; or at the homes of his immediate family, 6 fans and the guy who uploaded it...let us all hope that is the last clip of his comeback that finds its way on to Youtube.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Razor Ruddock Returns! Romulus9 13 8,861 05-12-2012 09:48 AM
Last Post: SmartyBeardo

User(s) browsing this thread: