Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

When the original movie is not the best.
06-25-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: When the original movie is not the best.
Agreed.... however, the point remains.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Rocky 4 was better than Rocky 1 and Rocky 3was better than 2 but 1 was better than 2 and 2 was better than 5 but 6 was better than them all and I'm pumped to watch the new one in November

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
06-25-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 07:07 PM by lloyd mayflower.)
I must admit growing up I always thought 4 was my favourite but the older I get the more I think 3 is the best of the bunch.

Also X men days of future past is my favourite of the xmen series. And spiderman 2 was the best of the Tobey McGuire spiderman films.
06-25-2015, 11:54 PM
(06-25-2015 05:21 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Agreed.... however, the point remains.
I prefer the fan edits. They are actually watchable. I honestly cannot sit through episodes 1-3 in their released forms. The fans cut out the majority of the junk and pieced together watchable films...some might even say enjoyable.
(06-25-2015 07:06 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  I must admit growing up I always thought 4 was my favourite but the older I get the more I think 3 is the best of the bunch.
Rocky 1 was the best movie, but Rocky 3 was the best "Rocky"...if that makes any sense.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2015, 06:50 AM
Rocky I is in my list of all-time top 10 films.

On a semi-related note, does anyone agree that Raiders of the Lost Ark is a perfect (or near-perfect) film? It excels in every conceivable way.

And any kid wanting to come in and say, "Whoa LOLZ, there aren't enough, like, explosions and shit bruh, and the special effects don't look they supposed to, you know, all goopy and shit like they wuz done with a computer, yo!

Though I reckon we don't have to worry about that now that BigG has either become the first person in history to OD on marijuana, or, less conceivably, found someone willing to be penetratred with his little teen angst hotdog.
06-27-2015, 04:31 PM
"The Razor's Edge" - Bill Murray's first serious role and the movie was great. Murray was great in it (and made the character very much his own and different than the book) but the critics crucified him at the time. It would be easy to imagine that he just had a career of this movie, Lost in Translation, Broken Flowers, and the Wes Anderson movies. Just those movies would have been a legendary career.

The Razor's Edge was based on the book by Somerset Maughm and there was a movie done on it in 1946 with Tyrone Powers that wasn't nearly as good.
06-30-2015, 09:03 PM
The second Naked Gun was much better than the original.
I still think Leslie Nielson is/was very underrated. The guy was hilarious!
06-30-2015, 10:31 PM
Leslie Nielsen's best movie by far was Forbidden Planet. What a classic.
06-30-2015, 11:14 PM
(06-30-2015 10:31 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Leslie Nielsen's best movie by far was Forbidden Planet. What a classic.

I'm not aware of this one at all. I should suss it. Do you remember the video he made on how to play golf?? It has been way too many years since but loved it!
07-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Forbidden Planet is an old 50's sci-fi movie he did as a young man. Just a fucking awesome movie.

User(s) browsing this thread: