Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
04-30-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
The media definitely wants to see Trump-Hillary, but not because they think Hillary will win.

It's just a great matchup with two lightning rod opponents.

Whatever the polls say today, Hillary would much rather run against Cruz than Trump because Trump has the X factor and Cruz doesn't. And Trump is going to go for her throat from the opening bell.

Cruz is Hillary's dream opponent.

Not that it matters. It's over.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2016, 09:00 PM
You're crazy. Your arguments never come from reason or logic. The polls have Trump trailing Hillary in Utah and even North Carolina. That's insane.

Furthermore, Trump has consistently underperformed his poll numbers.

Cruz on the other hand has at least beaten Hillary in some polls, and if trailing her, at least does so within the margin of error.

Trump is getting blown out by double digits in every poll. And it's not like I'm happy about it. I'd pull the lever for him happily if he were the nominee, if it meant we could keep Hillary out of the Whitehouse.

Trump said he'd put states in play that aren't normally in play. He's right. He will. He'll put conservative states in play for Hillary.

I hope I'm wrong. But I rarely am. Not because I'm a genius. But because I live in realville.

Hillary has the highest negatives of any candidate in presedential history... except for Donald Trump.

Cruz will win by virtue of not being either of those shitheads. And it will pay huge dividends for this country, I believe. He'd be the best president since Reagan (not that it'd be a challenge, considering the filth we've had since then.)
04-30-2016, 09:26 PM
Not that it matters, but the polls just judge the temperature of the people that are being polled at that time. Trump has everybody on the planet speaking poorly of him right now, and Hillary only gets it from the far right. With those dynamics, I would expect to see people having a stronger negative opinion toward Trump as opposed to Hillary at this time.

Cruz on the other hand has been getting B-side coverage which many people, probably a fair amount that are being polled, don't know much about. I would expect for him to have less negative perceptions than Hillary has at this time. So him polling ahead of her should be expected.

The heat will be turned up on all candidates when the general campaigns begin. Trump has been sitting in the frying pan for almost a full calendar year and is STILL in a commanding position...no other candidate can claim that level of battle readiness.

I would still gladly vote for Cruz, but I am not so sure that the polls from today should be used as a barometer for the general election.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2016, 09:41 PM
(04-30-2016 09:00 PM)Warlord Wrote:  I hope I'm wrong. But I rarely am.

My second favorite thing you have ever said.
05-02-2016, 07:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxWU6yW0x5w

05-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Not that it means anything, but...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pres...er-clinton

05-03-2016, 09:47 AM
You have to give it to Cruz. He dances with what brung him.

Indiana is probably his last stand and he's going down swinging.

Rather than bother aiming for the centrist voters in the republican party, Cruz has shrewdly decided to focus on getting out his base by feeding those evangelical values voters the red meat they are craving!

I'll bet Talk Radio agrees that it's an OUTRAGE that Trump wants grown men sharing bathrooms with little girls.

05-03-2016, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 10:09 PM by JONdaCON.)
Sal pulls the Evangelical card once again....

Wars gonna lose his shit. Big Grin
05-03-2016, 10:46 PM
You get the feeling The Don has found his second wind and I think it comes right off the back of that piece of shit last minute alliance that Cruz and Kasich attempted to form.

Something tells me when The Donald turns his guns on Hilary she will not survive it. You can conduct all the polls you like but one thing Trump has proven is that people who support him get their asses to the voting booths.

I personally can't wait to see it because I'm sick of Hillary's horse and pony show. I might not understand a lot of the American electoral process but I sure do enjoy watching it. Like Obama or loathe Obama watching the way Axelrod put his campaign together to wipe the floor with much more experienced campaigners was really something to witness.

Equally Trump's rise from nowhere has been just as fascinating. Watching his campaign has been like watching the resurrection of The Dark Prince himself, Lee Atwater. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Atwater's......ahem................work, here is a link on a Vanity Fair Piece done around the time McCain was campaigning for the White House:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2004/11/mccain200411

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-03-2016, 11:01 PM
It is fascinating. I was pretty shocked that Cruz dropped out. Seems like the rest of the way will be a formality now for Trump until the convention.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)