Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Does any version of Chad Dawson beat Adonis Stevenson?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Stevenson-Dawson: The right place at the right time?
11-13-2016, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 02:14 AM by ViperSniper.)
Stevenson-Dawson: The right place at the right time?
Everyone knows the circumstances with Dawson getting stopped in his previous fight against Ward at 168. So did that really play a factor in the one punch/one round destruction by Adonis Stevenson?
Would any version of Chad Dawson beat Adonis Stevenson that night?
I think so. Chad Dawson was an underrated fighter who had shown to take a good shot in the past. Adonis would have some moments early in the fight but would have tired with Dawson taking over with a 116-112 type of fight.

Just because.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: Stevenson-Dawson: The right place at the right time?
Stevenson out works or KOs Dawson in any fight....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Stevenson is fast becoming underrated because of his shitty opposition.

He really is a good fighter, especially for six rounds. Dawson was also a good fighter...but his lack of killer instinct means Stevenson would always steam roll him.

Black
11-14-2016, 05:42 PM
If you avoid the best fighter in your division and choose to fight shitty opponents you don't give anyone a reason to rate you.

I think Dawson's loss to Ward did hurt him. He quit. After that I think he kind of gave up on boxing. Prior to that I think he's overrated due to Floyd respecting his skills. In reality he's just a man with Condom Depot on his trunks
11-15-2016, 12:42 PM
I think Stevenson would have beaten him regardless, but I think pre-Ward that Dawson wouldn't have been stopped so easily and possibly not stopped at all. I don't see a situation where Dawson ever beats Stevenson, though.
11-15-2016, 07:52 PM
Dawson couldn't do much worse than he did in the original, so I could only see him doing better. I don't see him ever beating Stevenson though, even a prime Dawson.
11-16-2016, 07:01 AM
Who gives a fuck really. There was always some type of disconnect with 'Bad Chad.' There was never the vibe that he really wanted it like others did. Fuck Chad Dawson, this should be in 'things not thread worthy.'

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Even when he was beating Tarver and Johnson twice each, I still felt that there was something missing.

He was definitely a 'right place, right time' kinda guy. Apart from when he fought Stevenson.

Black
11-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Ollie on the money there. Dawson isnt really one of these guys who is even worthy of having his career looked back on. He had skills and a decent win here and there but was never really bothered enough himself to make it into anything.

He is basically Jermain Taylor if Jermain Taylor had quit when he likely wanted to.
11-16-2016, 06:00 PM
Nah, Jermaine > Chad.

Jermaine went 36 nip and tuck rounds with close-to-prime Hops and Winky. That is elite level shit.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Marciano-Louis: Right place, right time for Rocky? ViperSniper 10 5,880 01-13-2017 11:14 PM
Last Post: Warlord
  Kovalev-Hopkins: Right place at the right time? ViperSniper 17 9,975 12-01-2016 05:55 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Hopkins vs Dawson, Talk time is over! BrotherCane 80 46,268 05-06-2012 01:46 PM
Last Post: boxingcritic

User(s) browsing this thread: