Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

My Recent Boxing Projects
01-10-2017, 01:15 PM
RE: My Recent Boxing Projects
Today I officially became part of the Boxing Writers Association of America. I mean, it's not like the hugest deal in the world, but it's not exactly easy to get in either. In any case, it means a lot to me.

I say it all the time, but thanks fellas. A lot of it started right here with you guys.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2017, 05:22 PM
(01-10-2017 01:15 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Today I officially became part of the Boxing Writers Association of America. I mean, it's not like the hugest deal in the world, but it's not exactly easy to get in either. In any case, it means a lot to me.

I say it all the time, but thanks fellas. A lot of it started right here with you guys.

Well done mate, I reckon it's something to be very proud of and you join some illustrious company in doing so.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
01-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Well done snoop. Congrats.
01-10-2017, 08:35 PM
(01-10-2017 05:22 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Well done mate, I reckon it's something to be very proud of and you join some illustrious company in doing so.

Nah, I don't think it guarantees anything like that. It pretty much just protects me as a writer (not really sure how) and allows me to attend the annual dinners and other BWAA events. It might make me a bit more appealing as a freelancer, but that's about it.

Right now I'm just an auxiliary members so I can't vote on like, "Fighter of the Year" or any of those things, but it could potentially open up opportunities to meeting ppl in the biz. I dunno. It isn't all that big of a deal, but it's just cool for someone like me who nerds out on boxing writing. Haha.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

01-10-2017, 09:48 PM
(01-10-2017 08:35 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Nah, I don't think it guarantees anything like that. It pretty much just protects me as a writer (not really sure how) and allows me to attend the annual dinners and other BWAA events. It might make me a bit more appealing as a freelancer, but that's about it.

Right now I'm just an auxiliary members so I can't vote on like, "Fighter of the Year" or any of those things, but it could potentially open up opportunities to meeting ppl in the biz. I dunno. It isn't all that big of a deal, but it's just cool for someone like me who nerds out on boxing writing. Haha.

My point being brother that I'm sure the most illustrious writers in the history of the sport have been members of this association as well, ergo you are joining a pretty cool club.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
01-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Well done Snoop!

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
01-10-2017, 10:09 PM
(01-10-2017 09:48 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  My point being brother that I'm sure the most illustrious writers in the history of the sport have been members of this association as well, ergo you are joining a pretty cool club.

Thanks man. I'll just take the compliment and stop downplaying it. LOL.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

01-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Yes Snoop! You should really stop playing it down! This sounds like awsome news!! Congratulations man! All the very best!!
01-11-2017, 12:18 PM
Good work, bro, let's hope it leads to something big for you!

Black
01-11-2017, 11:31 PM
Congrats Snoop... i AM super proud.

Im going to live through you vicariously now... i mean, i DID help you write that article about bare knuccle boxing, tho you failed to quote me directly, ill let that slide.

Ill just take an invitation as your plus 1 for a future BWAA event.

User(s) browsing this thread: