It's self explanatory.

Effing marriage, man.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Effing Marriage...
It's hard work.

I thought you were divorced, JD?

Let me give you all one piece of advice. There's only 2 things you need to know how to do to have a successful marriage. The sooner you learn this the better.

They're two simple phrases: I'm sorry; you're right.

Men are logical, women are emotional. No amount of logic will ever win the day in an argument with a woman. She's upset because she FEELS bad. It doesn't have to make sense to you. It does to her.

When she's upset, you need to apologize, no matter how right you invariably are, and no matter how wrong she invariably is. You aren't apologizing because you're wrong. You're apologizing because she feels bad.

Tell her you're sorry. You weren't trying to hurt her. You didn't mean to. If you can even come close to sincerity, she'll feel secure enough to apologize too.

I mean it, men. That is your guide to surviving marriage. If you can't suck it up and be the bigger man, then you aren't cut out for marriage.

Even when you're right, you're wrong. Even when she's wrong, she's right. That's it. None of you will ever get any better advice than this in your whole life.
05-14-2017, 11:43 PM
"You're right" and "OK" don't work with my wife anymore. She'll drag on bullshit until she thinks that I actually believe it. I've found that taking the dog for a walk is one of the better ways to end hostilities. Waiting for her to leave the room before I flick her off from the other side of the door is also a great stress reliever.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2017, 12:00 AM
I'm still holding out. She just tries to guilt trip me like she's some old lady and her ovaries will be dried out like beef jerky if we don't settle down soon.
05-15-2017, 03:11 AM
Me; I work away from home 2 weeks at a time.

Her; Hes away with his mates 2 weeks at a time.
05-15-2017, 07:41 AM
Spyder...if you want to move this to the other forum, go for it.

Warlord...I decided to fix it, we have a 3 year old and I do love her. So I wanted to give me daughter what she deserves. Marriage is just fucking dumb though.

I use OK, I don't use you're right unless she actually is. If it's arguing time, I actually go in the opposite direction, I just let her now that I have decided I am done taking part in this lunacy, and I unplug - it infuriates her and ultimately leads to me questioning both my sanity and hers (for different reasons).

Currently I am traveling like a mad man. I used to be gone a 8 or 9 days per month on trips, but now it's more like 3 trips a month covering half of it that I am gone...so it certainly helps me stick it out, though traveling the world without your wife also puts you in plenty of challenging positions; especially when you aren't going anywhere bad.

At this point I just remind my wife that she married up whenever I can and refocus on work and my daughter.
05-15-2017, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 08:44 AM by and the NEW.)
This is a bit of a boxing thread. Boxing is a good metaphor for marriage!

Spyder uses the cheap shot when the ref isn't looking!
05-15-2017, 12:58 PM
It's cathartic. I get the psychological satisfaction of telling her to fuck off, without the dramatic fall out from it. I highly recommend it to anyone stuck biting their tongue when they know that they're in the right.

Kinda along those lines...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGEiIL1__s

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
05-15-2017, 02:16 PM
(05-15-2017 12:58 PM)Spyder Wrote:  It's cathartic. I get the psychological satisfaction of telling her to fuck off, without the dramatic fall out from it. I highly recommend it to anyone stuck biting their tongue when they know that they're in the right.

Kinda along those lines...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGEiIL1__s

LOL. I f'n love that skit.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
05-15-2017, 02:32 PM
And what makes it worse is that I bet we all have attractive wives.

But it's still enough to make you want to put your head through a pane glass window. We love our wives, but a good portion of time we don't like them.

User(s) browsing this thread: