Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
07-24-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
McGregor will have to unlearn every bad habit and learn the sport of boxing in a couple months. I'd tell him to make it an easy night. Fight comfortable, don't take any risks and just go for 12.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2017, 04:45 PM
I'd have him go mental for one round in the slight hope that Floyd is ring rusty, old and faded all in one go. If not, then I'd hope he can stay sensible and limit damage for the next 11 rounds.

Black
07-26-2017, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2017 08:22 AM by and the NEW.)
I've now heard three of McGregor's sparring partners say that his power in boxing gloves is decent, but nothing to write home about (one, a middleweight, even said it was nothing at all). If his only shot is 1 punch, even that is looking unlikely now!

(07-24-2017 07:52 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  I'd probably be just as excited to see that than this lol

Let say if you guys were training McGregor for Mayweather what would you be training in and for?

I'd mainly have McGregor working on his jab & cutting the ring off..

This is one reason that McGregor lights guys up in MMA, they don't have a jab. I reckon the jab is going to be a huge weapon for Mayweather, which is unusual for an orthadox vs a southpaw fighter. Mayweather will be able to come over the top of McGregor's jab without going into the killzone.

I'd only have McGregor trying one thing here, throwing his counter left simultaneously when Mayweather throws his right hand. He doesn't seem to carry any type of power in any other punch. Oh, and keep your hands up, because McGregor has close to zero defence in boxing.
07-26-2017, 05:16 PM
(07-26-2017 08:09 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  I've now heard three of McGregor's sparring partners say that his power in boxing gloves is decent, but nothing to write home about (one, a middleweight, even said it was nothing at all). If his only shot is 1 punch, even that is looking unlikely now!

This is one reason that McGregor lights guys up in MMA, they don't have a jab. I reckon the jab is going to be a huge weapon for Mayweather, which is unusual for an orthadox vs a southpaw fighter. Mayweather will be able to come over the top of McGregor's jab without going into the killzone.

I'd only have McGregor trying one thing here, throwing his counter left simultaneously when Mayweather throws his right hand. He doesn't seem to carry any type of power in any other punch. Oh, and keep your hands up, because McGregor has close to zero defence in boxing.

And even as simple as that plan is, it's still a helluva lot to learn in 8 weeks so that it becomes second nature. we see boxers go their whole career unable to eradicate bad habits that formed at the start of their careers. But what you say is solid, Connor needs to concentrate on 1 or 2 things at most and try and get them down pat.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-26-2017, 07:15 PM
Fuck this fight.
07-26-2017, 09:26 PM
Anyone wanna do any sig/avatar/username bets?

I'll change my name to Princess Jasmine if McGregor wins.
07-26-2017, 11:26 PM
Hunter's comparison of Usain Bolt to other sports that involve running just about sums it up.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2017, 12:12 AM
(07-26-2017 09:26 PM)Imperius3 Wrote:  Anyone wanna do any sig/avatar/username bets?

I'll change my name to Princess Jasmine if McGregor wins.

I think the only way this works (as I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to sig-bet backing Connor to win) is if you took some bets on how it ends, eg, Floyd by decision, Floyd KO in under 6, Connor DQ for kicking, etc

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-27-2017, 01:09 AM
Latest odds and prop bets...

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-mc...ut--118861
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-2017, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2017 05:21 AM by and the NEW.)
(07-26-2017 05:16 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  And even as simple as that plan is, it's still a helluva lot to learn in 8 weeks so that it becomes second nature. we see boxers go their whole career unable to eradicate bad habits that formed at the start of their careers. But what you say is solid, Connor needs to concentrate on 1 or 2 things at most and try and get them down pat.

Yeah, he is pretty much fukced. Not only that, but the counter left is hard to land on Mayweather too, because he throws the lead right from the outside and only touches you with it as he falls to his right to create that slight angle so his opponent needs to shift his feet to hit him, and it doesn't happen in time.

There is going to be so much else happening in there, lead foot positioning is one of the key things for a southpaw vs orthadox, which doesn't happen in MMA because of kicks, so Connor is always going to be out of position against Mayweather, who will use the outside foot position to shoot the jab over McGregor's, or get the angle to shoot the right down the pipe. You can't learn all of this and process it in a couple years, let alone a few weeks. This is what Virg always talks about, you have to teach this stuff, step by step, and it all has to involve repetition, repetition, repetition. Until you can process it as second nature. 8 weeks to learn that? Not a chance.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)