Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
11-09-2018, 06:08 AM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
Midterm thoughts from everyone?

Liberal British media are happy to bash Trump and call it a victory for Democrats, and are straight into the Trump bashing for the Jim Acosta stuff (I've watched the full video and Acosta was a jerk).

But would like to get an honest American opinion on it all.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2018, 11:28 AM
(11-09-2018 06:08 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Midterm thoughts from everyone?

Liberal British media are happy to bash Trump and call it a victory for Democrats, and are straight into the Trump bashing for the Jim Acosta stuff (I've watched the full video and Acosta was a jerk).

But would like to get an honest American opinion on it all.

Black

Trump actually did well in the midterms, relatively speaking. Compared to most incumbents, he suffered fewer losses than historical trends indicated he would.

They picked up seats in the Senate, and have a fairly decent chance of regaining the House in 2020 when Trump is at the top of the ticket.

It was disappointing, for sure, but not unexpected.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
11-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Is the relatively low turnout normal for midterms?
11-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I read that historically whoever is in power usually gets the short end of the midterm results, so losing the Reps isn't a big surprise in that case.

Will it affect the Don's policies and strategies for the next two years, or can it be business as usual for him?

Will the Dem' s threats of impeachment come to anything?

Will the left eat themselves before the election and hand a Red victory over?

Black
11-09-2018, 03:13 PM
@Lloyd — not sure what you mean by low turnout. The turnout for the midterms this years set a record high.

@Black — losing the house will likely slow down Trump’s whirlwind of deregulation and shrinkage of government.

They will needle him with useless investigations, of that I have little doubt. I doubt any of them do anything other than irritate Trump and send him on a few Twitter tantrums (fully justified, of course.)

They won’t stop Trump from remaking the courts in his image, as that will be done through the Senate. Nor will they be able to stop him from putting another Justice in the Supreme Court, should the opportunity arise.

They can’t stop the wall either, assuming Trump has the political will and acumen to get it done using the military (which he has the authority to do.)

And yes, expect the Dems to overreach and die on their own swords in 2020. The Republicans will have a strong chance to retake the house in 2020 when Trump is at the top of the ticket.

11-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Yeah but for 47% to be a record, I guess I didnt mean relatively low, just actual low. 47 % is a poor turnout for a big election, or are they not seen by a lot of people as big?
11-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Midterms generally don’t attract the same number of voters as the presidential election.

47% is a low number comparatively speaking, I guess, and something we should probably be embarrassed about. But really, what is left to do at this point? The majority of the western world has gone completely down the toilet, and people still can’t be bothered, and when they are, you usually end up with someone like Suckadick Khan over in Londonistan.

The planet is doomed. After the West destroys itself, the planet will move into its second dark age, and there will be no one left to pull it out again.

11-10-2018, 02:43 AM
Well thats..... Profound.

The planet does seem pretty fucked though I agree.
01-25-2019, 01:56 PM
I dont care what your political allegiances are, Robert Mueller is #boxoffice and has Trump on strings.
01-25-2019, 07:31 PM
In what way, pray tell?

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)