Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Lomachenko -VS- Nakatani
06-28-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: Lomachenko -VS- Nakatani
We'll see. I think Lopez's father said Loma could be next. I'll believe it when I see it.

Davis would be a bigger fight.

And LOL on Mikey Garcia. I love how casual and unflinching your disdain for him is.

And if I was Arum I'd rather have Lopez stay undefeated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2021, 05:22 AM
I agree that there are easier fights - I don’t agree that there are bigger money fights for Lopez.

Davis is equally big, but Davis is a PBC guy who will want a bigger cut. The fight can’t be made, and if it could Lopez would have to take short money.

Mikey Garcia is garbage. A Mexican fighter unable to fight inside? If he fought Loma, I’d take the opposite of Mikey money all day.
06-30-2021, 01:35 PM
I assume that Haney-Lopez would be ballpark as big as Lopez-Loma because Haney has had enough tv fights to be known and he's undefeated. And I'd guess that 80% of Haney-Lopez would be close to the same as 60% of Loma-Lopez with less risk.

I also think Ryan Garcia-Lopez would be as big as Loma-Lopez if Garcia was willing to step up.

Lopez-Davis has to happen at some point unless Davis is going to move up to 147 because that is the biggest fight either can make right now.

I don't believe there is a huge clamoring to see the Loma-Lopez rematch because the original fight wasn't that dramatic. It was exciting because of the way Lopez came out and won, but it wasn't edge of your seat entertainment. I would think there would be more interest in Lopez fighting other guys.
06-30-2021, 02:34 PM
Haney - Lopez is garbage. No one gives a shit about Devin Haney - he’s terrible to watch.

I’m not sure why you think Lopez - Loma 2 isn’t a major fight people want. The first fight was razor thin and both guys will be better the second time. It would sell out MSG and create a major buzz.

Garcia I’m leaving alone until he is back in the ring.

As for Tank…if they couldn’t come together on Crawford - Spence, I’m less convinced they could on Tank - Lopez. Tank thinks he’s a PBC PPV star and Lopez think he’s Top Ranks crown jewel…it’s not happening, especially after this Triller fight tanks or falls through…then it’s back to Top Rank for the loss to Loma and set up the rubber match.
06-30-2021, 02:56 PM
I think Lopez-Tank would be the biggest fight that could be made at 135.

I loved the first Loma-Lopez fight and actually called a few friends to watch it (very unusual) because I had a feeling Lopez would win. But that fight wasn't electrifying by any stretch except for the fact of Lopez's determination - especially in the early rounds. I would think most semi-casual fight fans would be way more interested in seeing Lopez-Davis.

And I also think Haney would take a small enough piece of the pie to get the shot that it could make sense. I think his last fight was on ESPN so he is a name.
06-30-2021, 03:18 PM
Stop with Haney, Sal. He’s the boxing equivalent of too many edibles.

I think you’re misjudging the value of Lopez - Loma 2, but we will know soon enough. If it’s at MSG, 100% I’m there.
06-30-2021, 08:07 PM
That's funny JD.

A friend of mine is getting divorced and he called a week ago and told me to pick a fight in Vegas or LA in the next few months that we could go to and make a weekend out of it. My immediate thought was Lopez-Davis would be perfect but that Lopez-Haney was more realistic and I'd be thrilled with that too.

I don't think I'd bother with Loma-Lopez even if it was the only big fight in Vegas or LA in the next few months. It just feels like it'll be a tactical fight where Loma mostly controls the action with combos and counters that have no intention of doing ko type of damage and ends up with an 8-4 type of decision. The only thing to look forward to in that fight is if Lopez is clearly down on the scorecards in the late rounds, he's exactly the kind of fighter who would go for broke. THAT would be entertaining.
06-30-2021, 10:47 PM
But you’d bring your boy to see Lopez - Haney?

Do you dislike him?
07-01-2021, 02:59 AM
Looks like Lopez-Loma 2 for December according to reports.

Black
07-01-2021, 03:04 AM
Good.

User(s) browsing this thread: