Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Would making a superheavy weight division...
10-15-2011, 04:38 PM
I mean too many guys are putting on too much weight going after the Klit's and it just makes me wonder if we are missing out on good fights! It used to be the HW champ was the best in the world, now after 10 minutes, we almost talked too much about the division! Just a thought!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2011, 04:41 PM
BrotherCane Wrote:I mean too many guys are putting on too much weight going after the Klit's and it just makes me wonder if we are missing out on good fights! It used to be the HW champ was the best in the world, now after 10 minutes, we almost talked too much about the division! Just a thought!
And these faggot Klitchko's are doing nothing but fighting fucking cruiser weights. Its shameful, really.
10-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Yep, I guess the days of true great heavies are over...makes me wonder if the champ is playing football or basketball, you know?
10-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Given the evolution of nutrition and training, I could see a heavyweight limit of 220 with an unlimited class over that.
10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
smartybeardo Wrote:Given the evolution of nutrition and training, I could see a heavyweight limit of 220 with an unlimited class over that.
Good to see you Beardo.

I guess it is an inevitability isn't it? Humans are getting bigger simple as at that. whatever they raise he limits too I would still like it to be called the HW division.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-15-2011, 05:48 PM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
smartybeardo Wrote:Given the evolution of nutrition and training, I could see a heavyweight limit of 220 with an unlimited class over that.
Good to see you Beardo.

I guess it is an inevitability isn't it? Humans are getting bigger simple as at that. whatever they raise he limits too I would still like it to be called the HW division.
Hey Ollie. Yeah, i agree. the biggest should be the heavies.
10-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Maybe expand the cruisers to 210-220 then? What are they at right now? 190?

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2011, 03:59 AM
The best thing would be if the sanctioning bodies got some balls & really shook up the system & made new weight classes.

I think calling them whatever you want

225+
200-225
185-200
170-185
160-170

That would enable better matched fights in all the classes overall.
10-16-2011, 04:00 AM
BrotherCane Wrote:Yep, I guess the days of true great heavies are over...makes me wonder if the champ is playing football or basketball, you know?
All the great American heavyweights are playing football or basketball. Imagine Ray Lewis or Julius Peppers.
10-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Snoop Wrote:Maybe expand the cruisers to 210-220 then? What are they at right now? 190?
The cruiserweight division is 200lbs. I think it should always be called the Heavyweight division, not super-heavyweight.

Either up the cruiserweight division to say 220, or just create another division that ranges from 200lbs-220lbs. And call it the Super-Cruiserweight division.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)