Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Last move you saw
06-24-2023, 11:48 PM
RE: Last move you saw
Watched Creed III on the plane the other day. Generally kinda stupid movie. There's major events that the entire storyline is based upon that would never happen in real life i.e. a debut fighter coming fresh out of prison getting a title shot.

And for those of you who've seen it, isn't Creed kind of a POS for the way he treated his friend? Don't really like how the movie excused that behavior.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2023, 08:40 PM
Watched Creed III because I liked snoops review so much. There's not a single original idea in that movie.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2023, 09:12 PM
(06-24-2023 11:48 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Watched Creed III on the plane the other day. Generally kinda stupid movie. There's major events that the entire storyline is based upon that would never happen in real life i.e. a debut fighter coming fresh out of prison getting a title shot.

And for those of you who've seen it, isn't Creed kind of a POS for the way he treated his friend? Don't really like how the movie excused that behavior.

What is maddening is that with just a modicum of effort these movies could be really really good. I mean how hard would it be to put together a quick montage of his friend coming out of prison and going to 12 and 0 in a short period of time before calling out Creed? Was anyone involved in this familiar in any way with the sport of boxing?

Better bring in Phoebe Waller-Bridge for the next one Roflmao

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-03-2023, 11:58 AM
To be fair, people have debuted for world titles before. Shit even in Rocky 4, Dragos first offical pro fight was Rocky.But they basically mashed rocky 3 4 5 all together. We need another Price of glory or Fighting Tommy Reilly two of the best boxing movies ever made.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
07-04-2023, 04:21 AM
(07-03-2023 11:58 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  To be fair, people have debuted for world titles before. Shit even in Rocky 4, Dragos first offical pro fight was Rocky.But they basically mashed rocky 3 4 5 all together. We need another Price of glory or Fighting Tommy Reilly two of the best boxing movies ever made.

My criticism extends to the whole series. After Rocky 3 they ended up putting Rocky and now Adonis in some really dumb situations where with just a slight bit of tweaking the films could've had a whole lot more credibility without sacrificing any of the entertainment.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)