Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
07-23-2017, 12:43 PM
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
If Conor's power isn't diminished by 10oz gloves, he won't need more than one shot. He has true, legit one-punch KO power.

But it will de diminished. And even if it wasn't, he'll never connect anyway.

I hope he does. I just wouldn't bet on it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2017, 01:30 PM
(07-23-2017 07:26 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  We can look at this as boxing or we can look at this as a fight.
We can look at it as a game of tic-tac-toe, but it is a boxing match...with rules.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-23-2017, 04:06 PM
This fight is shit.

Even that shred of false hope Mayweather haters have should be torched.

Zero chance McGregor is so much as competitive. Look how open he is in those sparring photos.

Zero pro boxing matches. This fight repugnant.
07-23-2017, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 05:09 PM by blackbelt2003.)
I'm not even sure Magregor has real power.

Not when compared to elite level boxers, anyway. There is absolutely zero chance Macgregor hits harder than Maidana, Pacquiao or Alvarez. He is a big hitter in the cage, but that is like saying Big Dave down at the local Irish bar is a bit hitter and therefore stands a puncher's chance vs Mayweather.

Being heavy handed or a natural puncher is not a guarantee you can score KO's in a pro boxing ring. I know plenty of 'big hitting' kickboxers who failed to score KO's when they went pro as boxers. Different end of the spectrum.

I'm not saying he's not going to be a big hitting boxer, just that his level of striking in the cage is not hard evidence to convince us he'll be a big hitter in the ring.

Black
07-23-2017, 05:33 PM
Its like me saying because I had a bottle of white lightning once I could beat Blackbelt in a cheap cider drink off.
07-23-2017, 06:27 PM
(07-23-2017 05:33 PM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Its like me saying because I had a bottle of white lightning once I could beat Blackbelt in a cheap cider drink off.

If you can handle White Lightening you're in with a chance against anyone.

(07-23-2017 07:26 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  To boxing fans that aren't giving Conor McGregor any chance against Mayweather they need to not focus so much on numbers here.

We can look at this as boxing or we can look at this as a fight. We aren't talking about a swimmer, a golfer, a football player, a basketball player or even a wrestler fighting Floyd here..it's an elite MMA fighter who is known for his striking & power who is fighting against (a 40 year old) Floyd.

Are boxing fans having the same mentality as UFC fans did when they heard Brock Lesnar was stepping into the octagon?

I really don't see why Conor can't land a shot that causes the upset.
He isn't a boxer but he is an accomplished professional fighter who is much younger, bigger, longer & who also happens to be a southpaw with power that isn't short of any confidence!

Mayweather isn't the type of fighter you need 12 rounds to beat him but moreso a moment or a punch. You can't say that about all fighters who may be infront of you all night or have the chin that may take rounds to dent.

Connor could have his Mosley moment but get enough on the shot to put Mayweather down..then all you'd need is a premature stoppage from the ref and there's your upset that was never meant to happen..

It's not like Conor is a fighter not known for his power or striking & although his punches may be horrible from a boxing stand point..he is still able to find the mark (Wilder anyone?) as a striker or a good street fighter might.

Conor not being a boxer, but a MMA fighter may ironically work to his advantage apposed to being the obvious disadvantage here. Styles make fights and this could really backfire for Mayweather

I'm picking Floyd here but really don't believe it's a given like the boxing world seems to think. Conor has much more of a shot than people are giving him & people may either be shocked or disappointed if he does land and make Mayweather work more than expected.

Conor has a shot here..

Conor stands no chance. Zero. He doesn't understand angles in boxing terms, he doesn't understand distance in boxing terms, he doesn't combinations in boxing terms, he doesn't understand head movement in boxing terms. He is getting in the ring with one of the greatest defensive boxers of all times having had ZERO professional fights (or even any amateir ones??!!)

One thing about Floyd, he is paranoid about that undefeated record and will prepare accordingly. he will not take this lightly. as we have seen in recent sports 40 is nothing in terms if age, he has taken ample time off during his career, and most likely has cycled on and off PED's a few times. He will be fine.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-24-2017, 06:08 AM
I think MMA striking is so different from boxing there's no carry over at all. Get fucking real. One sport is nothing but punching and the other isn't. McGregor knows how to punch but he'll have no sense of boxing range or timing. McGregor only gets a shot because he's a pro MMA fighter. This is like if Floyd walked the streets of Vegas to find a dude that can bang and signed him to fight in a sanctioned fight for a title.
07-24-2017, 07:52 AM
(07-24-2017 06:08 AM)Dickagon Wrote:  I think MMA striking is so different from boxing there's no carry over at all. Get fucking real. One sport is nothing but punching and the other isn't. McGregor knows how to punch but he'll have no sense of boxing range or timing. McGregor only gets a shot because he's a pro MMA fighter. This is like if Floyd walked the streets of Vegas to find a dude that can bang and signed him to fight in a sanctioned fight for a title.

I'd probably be just as excited to see that than this lol

Let say if you guys were training McGregor for Mayweather what would you be training in and for?

I'd mainly have McGregor working on his jab & cutting the ring off..
07-24-2017, 08:02 AM
McGregor needs a time machine so he can go back 25 years and start training.

If I were his trainer I'd sit in the gym eating takeout and drinking iced tea laughing at how much money this was going to make. If he wanted pointers, I'd tell him to go run around outside for a bit and think of how much loot he will have in the bank when it's all over.
07-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Exactly. Trying to learn how to be a professional boxer in an 8 week camp is stupid. I'd have him focus purely on fitness, and try to help him at least have the stamina for lasting 12 rounds.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)