Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

A few fantasy fights I've been kicking around...
01-10-2017, 01:41 PM
A few fantasy fights I've been kicking around...
Who wins these?

1. Floyd Mayweather vs Tommy Hearns

I've no doubt Floyd was the better fighter and had the better career. But I just think if you were going to invent a guy to beat Floyd...it'd be Tommy. Too tall, too rangy, content to box from the outside if necessary but tough enough to bomb Floyd out if/when Floyd is forced to come forwards.

2. Ricardo Mayorga vs Marcos Maidana

Straight up macho vs macho. I think Maidana was the slightly better fighter...but how fucking ramped up Mayorga was against Forrest I just don't think Maidana could beat that version of him.

3. Naseem Hamed vs Erik Morales

We all know what happened when Barrera turned boxer and befuddled Naz. But Morales wasn't quite as switched on a guy as MAB was, and would have tried to outmuscle and outbrawl the Prince...which of course would have walked him onto Prince's bombs. Prime Prince vs featherweight Morales I think is mighty close.

4. Nigel Benn vs Carl Froch

Just an all out war. Benn would start fast and knock ten bells of shit out of Froch...but Carl is one tough motherfucker and would probably get through those horrible early rounds on heart and chin alone. Benn would fade as the fight went on and Froch would get stronger...but would it be enough?

Thoughts?

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2017, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 07:42 PM by and the NEW.)
RE: A few fantasy fights I've been kicking around...
Good thread Black, fantasy matchups have disappeared from around here for too long now, ever since the classic section ceased to exist.

1. I think Hearns is a nightmare for Floyd. He is too long, Floyd's jab would be almost useless, he wouldn't be able to time the pullback right over the jab, his lead right wouldn't be as effective. He isn't powerful enough to walk Hearns down behind the shoulder and wouldn't want to take the risk of getting stopped going all out to do so.

2. Gotta go Mayorga here. It would be a war, but prime Mayorga (the one you mention vs Forrest) was too agressive, too much output and could have EASILY taken Maidana's punch.

3. Give me Morales all day. Naseem never showed me he could compete on this level. I think Morales outboxes him with ease if he wants, and if he wants to fight, he survives a wobble before blowing Nassem out.

4. Got a coin?
01-11-2017, 08:03 AM
1. Hearns would be too tall, long, skilled and fierce for a timid Floyd. Mayweather would be forced to be stuck in the shoulder roll defense while right hands fire in. Mayweather wouldn't be able to do much offensive here nor would his defense (which pretty much defines his style) would not hold up here. Hearns by KO by the middle rounds.

2. I'm assuming it's the Mayorga in the first Forrest fight against the Maidana that fought in the first Mayweather fight..
Mayorga would be too big, strong, quick, powerful and aggressive for Maidana. It would be an awsome fight but Mayorga had never been stopped at 147 and would be getting the better of the exchanges.

3. This would be an explosive fight that would have been close. I don't think Morales would be capable of fighting the same fight that Barrera did against such a fighter like Hamed. Morales was a highly skilled and smart fighters but based on Morales nature and attitude, he would get into a brawl against a personality of Hamed and that would be trouble against such unique fighter with monster power. Morales would make it tougher than it has to be but have enough skill, durability & stamina to get him a close 115-113 type a win.

4. I first thought Benn but thought how Froch as leaky as defense could be, he was a bit of a tricky type of fighter who could take a massive shot. I think Froch potentially gets battered for the first 4-5 rounds until he tires and Froch comes on to take the later rounds but still losing some rounds along the way.
Give me Benn by close 115-113 type a fight.
01-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Personally I think the Prince is in danger of becoming an underrated fighter based on his poor showing vs Barrera.

He had basically fallen in love with his power by then and stopped doing what made him so good in the first place. A prime Prince from a few years before would be in much better physical shape and faster than the guy who showed up against Barrera...and I think that version does well against a featherweight Morales (who seemed to lose a step from moving up from 122)

Black
11-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Jaime Munguia vs Jarrett Hurd @154.. man that's a FOTY right there. These guys would stand toe to toe in a brutal war!....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Floyd beats Tommy at 147, I know it'll be unpopular but floyd had a ring IQ that is unmatched. He would study Tommy and figure out how to out box him from in the pocket. He would stay inside range and Tommy would let him. Tommy was prone to being a tough guy over smart guy. I think floyd wins a decision in this one. When floyd manages to make Tommy overly aggressive it looks like a shadow of the corrales fight.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
11-03-2018, 04:49 PM
1 - Hearns puts Floyd to sleep. Forrest was a style nightmare for Floyd, Hearns is worse.

2 - Mayorga just wears on him and mows him down eventually.

3 - Morales no problem. Hames Buckles him, Morales breaks him down enroute to a decision.

4 - Froch over Ben. Nigel could be hurt, Froch is a better fighter and catches him between some wild shit. Froch has an old school style that made it appear like he was getting hit cleaner than he was.
11-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Deontay Wilder vs an electric fan with extra long rotor blades. It's a close call but I think the fan's extra versatility and ringcraft seals a decision.

Black
11-03-2018, 07:52 PM
(11-03-2018 04:39 PM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Floyd beats Tommy at 147, I know it'll be unpopular but floyd had a ring IQ that is unmatched. He would study Tommy and figure out how to out box him from in the pocket. He would stay inside range and Tommy would let him. Tommy was prone to being a tough guy over smart guy. I think floyd wins a decision in this one. When floyd manages to make Tommy overly aggressive it looks like a shadow of the corrales fight.

Even in the 80s Floyd would have ducked Hearns for the same reason he ducked Marg and Williams. Tommy was all wrong for Floyd.

That said, I agree, if it ever happened Floyd would win. I disagree on how it would happen.

I believe Floyd would have won an incredibly shameful "fight/Tour de France" on points. He would have won the fight everyone expected from DLH against Hopkins. Which, of course, is the entire difference between DLH and Floyd.
11-03-2018, 09:07 PM
I don’t see it. Hearns catches Floyd on the end of a right.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)