Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Sor Rungvisai-Gonzalez Rematch may be on!
04-05-2017, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 12:09 PM by blackbelt2003.)
Sor Rungvisai-Gonzalez Rematch may be on!
Rungivsai's camp have asked the WBC to allow a rematch and it's been granted...so it looks like we get part two.

Can Rungvisai do anything better this time around, or will Gonzalez pick up the actual 'W'? Either way it was a great little scrap, their styles meshed beautifully and I can't wait to see it again. Even a one-sided UD for Roman will be entertaining.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 06:12 AM
RE: Sor Rungvisai-Gonzalez Rematch may be on!
The Thai looked so much more bigger than Roman who landed his best shots and still couldn't do serious damage. Gonzalez looked smaller and didn't look great when he was getting dragged into brawls and getting beat to the punch by the taller fighter. Gonzalez will have to fight a perfect fight to get the W here. I'm edging a similar fight with the same outcome here.
04-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Gonzalez arguably deserved the decision, though! And this time will probably not have that unlucky 10-8 round against him, too. I think he can edge this.

Black
04-06-2017, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 04:31 AM by ViperSniper.)
I gave the fight to the thai guy by a round or so but couldsee the argument to Gonzalez winning too. I just feel Roman may be too small for most guys in that division. Rungvisai being a tal southpaw who can take a shot will be hard work for Roman in the rematch.
04-06-2017, 08:42 PM
I thought Chocolatito won that first fight easily. I thought he landed the bulk of the harder cleaner punches and was the ring general in there. I was shocked when he lost.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-08-2017, 11:36 PM
I thought it was very close live, but on the replay Choco clearly won it! I had it 8-4. Srisaket was super lucky to get that 10-8 round also, watch again and he heatbuts Choco right before the punch lands.

Choco was pissing blood from round 3, took so many buts, and still managed to win clearly. I expect him to get the nod comfortably here, although he will get belted a few times again. This bigger weight is not good for his style, he still outworks guys and outskills them, but he takes damage.

The best part about this whole immediate rematch is we get Estrada mandated to fight Cuadras! Finally somebody else is going to have to take hard fights other than Choco!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)